“a worst,terrible experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bamburi
Papillon Garden Bar Villa
Ranked #3 of 10 Bamburi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My boyfriend and I checked in Papillon hotel for 5 days. I wish I could go past to not make this mistake :( the hotel was ok but not good. ants were everywhere even on the breakfast table. i have allergy to ants and am scared. when i talked about it and asked for cleaning, workers started to complain about it and said simply it is just ant. our bed was always covered by sand and you can imagine how it is annoying when you are sleeping. there was fun but did not help. when we woke up we were covered by sand. since we paid at first we had to stay till last day. we were planning to check in kahama which is next hotel. on morning,while we are sleeping, the german owner WHO is a very rude was yelling and shouting at her young boyfriend WHO was the manager but could not manage at all,at workers. she doesnt care the guests. we changed our mind to go to malindi and book an italian hotel. in the last day, we went to restaurant to have breakfast. then the receptionist came and told my boyfriend to check our room since they doubt about the guests WHO booked next room. i followed him, the door was locked but my ipad, phone, cah, suitcase were gone. i felt i am falling down a high cliff.it is terrible. i screamde and cried but no one came and checked what happened. my boyfriend went to talk to owner and manager (!).they didnt say even say sorry and we were left alone. my suitcase was found as broken int he next room. i did not have a suitcase that i can put my staffs and leave there.manager promised us to let us use his computer and we waited more than 30 min.i had to go to their room and asked for it.the owner said he is eating now after that,he will give. i had to change my passwords since my ipad was stolen too. i asked what she can do for us. since it is written that they offer 24 hour security in the information cards in our room and at the reception.she said,we offer security in the garden only. it was your responsible to take care of your valuable things.you should never leave them in the room and you should have an insurance.i am lucky that they left my bankcard so i can go to bank and get Money to buy a new suitcase or call my parents to send Money to me. ohh i dnt have brain that i cant think that! i just told her i am going to court and left. after that we were received a dirty, cheap suitcase, mine costs250 Euro,when we returned the key, she told me she is waiting for a thank because of the suitcase. i was totally shocked. i was robbed 1 hour before checking out and had to thank her. when she didnt hear a thank, she swore,f* you.
going to Kenya was my biggest dream:( it wasnt a coincidence, the bobbery was well planned. and it was inside job. You will be never in SAFE, there

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ahu K

Reviewed 8 January 2011

During the busy new years season, The german owner gave us a decent rate via phone, we got to the property, she increased the rate with no explanation, shes was quite rude and snobbish. the receptionist told us that this isn't out of character for her. we asked for a manager, he was nowhere to be found and was not answering his phone.
The rooms are old and showers do not drain. They have ants all over the walls, dirty windows, there was only 1 towel for a room that sleeps 3, theres no air conditioning, broken room windows, dirty bedside rug. The place feels very cold and no one seems to care about customer service. We absolutely hated this property and checked out the next day. we checked into the property next door (Kahama) which was divine.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
8  Thank 6870-5003
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Have just returned from a great stay at the Papillon Hotel formally known as the Fontana in Bamburi Mombasa North Beach. The hotel is run by a German lady, it is beautiful and inexpensive. It offers a garden bar, pool and good security. The rooms are basic and are in need of a bit of reconstruction work but they do have hot and cold water facilities. The restaurant is beautifully designed, covered by the shingle and is in the shape of a tribal hut it offers both international and Kenyan food.

It’s location is great it is set on the main road with about a 2 minute walk to the beach and 10 minutes to the bank. The staff in true Kenyan style are very warm and welcoming . Unfortunately they do not yet have an email or website address but can be contacted on [--] would recommend this for a cheap but memorable holiday

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple