“Just one night”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Just one night”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here with my wife for 1 night. The room was nice. It seems like a very long thin hotel. The food was OK. My wife was particularly keen on it compared to another hotel we go to. I was told check out in the morning would be fast... it wasn't. A very confused cashier who seems to have been up all night. African grey parrott was wheeled out in the morning and his cage was crawling with roaches! That says something about care for the bird and cleanliness behind the scenes. Staff member offered to spray the cage with Doom. Not sure that's good for the parrott! On the whole it was OK... I think aimed towards an old clientèle.
We left too early to see what full breakfast was like... but the continental was a bit sparse.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay, please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Larvik
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the half board side for 4 days with a three year old and grandmother.

The grounds at Travellers are wonderful and beautifully kept. The poolarea and next to the beach the same. It is peaceful and green all over. For people not fond of sometimes aggressive monkey, bevare: they are plentyful and cheeky!
The staff are very helpful, but they mix up orders and in our room they took our towels and kept them the whole day before returning them.
There are free towels at the poolside so not a big problem..

Food at dinner and breakfast was very good with different things every day.
DInner was a bit late for a family with a small child starting at 19.30, but it was plenty of room and quick service.

The beachboys where a small problem at first, but use 15 minutes with one of them and learn his name and seem interested.. After that you refer to him if anybody else comes up to you and say you have a deal with him :)

All in all a great stay with a few hickups that without could have made the perfect stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear larvik,

It was such a pleasure to read your valuable comments after your last stay with us. We thank you for your recognition of all the hard work put in by my team in ensuring that every single guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service but also enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel. The management team has taken all your comments seriously and will take the corrective measures to improve on all the concerns that you have raised. I am also happy to inform you that a lot of the issues that you raised have been addressed as at now.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Currently still here, well on arrival I thought the hotel looked a little tired, with the odd stain and leaves in the pool .. however this was in the afternoon and it was windy. The following morning the whole place was being swept and cleaned and after a little initial disappointment became very pleased with the hotel. Food choice for some could be considered limited, its a buffet and every meal so far we have enjoyed with no problems. The rooms are quite spacous with a good bath cross shower with an enless supply of very hot water. we have a sea view with very capable air conditioning which we now turn off at night just because we were getting cold at 22 deg. it is a quiet, relaxed atmosphere with free entertainment from 9.30 each night which ends around 11.30 give or take 15 minutes and there are activities in and around the pools daily. The real winner though are the staff, they are always smiling, welcoming, offering their  services, saying hello ( jambo ) and do not expect a tip although we will tip at the end as we have been well treated.
The DOWNSIDE ... is the tourist sharks on the beach. Be warned ... these people will try their hardest to seperate you from your money. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING unless you consider yourself the champion of bargaining and visit the hotel gift shop first to give yourself a guide for prices. Example .. a wood elephant keyring with your name carved into it, gift shop price 300. Beach price after a good haggle 700. They try anything to keep the price as high as possible and the goods may not even be made of what they claim ( plain wood stained when claimed to be ebony ). The moment you set foot off hotel grounds onto the beach they approach, although they are very patient and polite they are also very persistant. They will walk with you along the beach for hundreds of meters and first time it's quite nice but wears off very quickly.
A trick another guest suggested, but was too late for us, was that when your approached for the first time by these vultures is to simply claim that this is not your first visit, you were here last year and you have got all the souvineer crap (paintings, carvings etc) and your not buying anymore and all your trips have been prebooked with your tour operator. They will still try but stick to your story, don't talk money, claim you can't remember and they will finally piss off.
Now the beach will become yours to enjoy at least outside your hotel. The beach is nice, some seaweed marks the high tide line and the sand is more like fine powder than sand. The sea stays shallow out for at least 100M so because of this the water is as warm as the hotel pool but when the tide is low it's more like weston super mare
The hotel has several pools some of which are linked, the pools are lovely and spacious and vary in depth to suit all. Sun beds are widely available poolside or under the palmtrees at the hotel boundry with the beach but not on the beach. The sun is strong and the constant sea breeze is most welcome so cream up or your burnt in 20 minutes.
Apart from the trips you can book through the rep ( or the beach sharks if your feeling brave ) there is very little to do near the hotel. The halla park near is a nice half day out, a taxi will pick you up, take you, wait for as long as you want, then return you for 1500 and we didn't even haggle. Then just your entrance fee.
Final conclusions ... Thoughly nice time in the hotel and on the trips especially safari, the beach and sea are lovely spoilt by the beach boys or beach sharks as I prefer to call them. Far more german guests than english and I have felt very lazy as some of them have been so friendly and always spoken in english. This hotel is very quiet and relaxing but after a safari I found the slow pace difficult to adjust to initially but not a problem now

Room Tip: The rooms are on 3 levels and I recommend the middle level or floor 1
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ian j
Dear Ian,

I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service but also enjoyed the variety of entertainments,food and beverage offered in our Hotel. The management team has taken all your comments seriously and will take the corrective measures to improve on all the concerns that you have raised. I am also happy to inform you that a lot of the issues that you raised have been addressed as at now.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Do not be put off by mindless thugs who caused havoc in Nairobi. Do go to Kenya - it is a beautiful place. We had the best holiday ever!
We stayed at the Travellers Beach Club on an all inclusive basis (yes alcohol included) and what a lovely experience.
The food was excellent - I had to slow down but still managed to try some excellent dishes. The African night was special because it gave us the chance to try local food. There was Indian, Chinese, Italian, European and African food and plenty of high quality food.
The bar staff around the pools were courteous and brought your drinks and kept you hydrated!
Look forward to going soon with our grand-children.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ken J
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Ken,

I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service but also enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel. I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

TRAVELLERS BEACH HOTEL & CLUB

chennai
Reviewed 18 September 2013

A fantastic place to stay in Mombasa,Kenya. I was there on a serious business trip and was pleased to actually stay in a beautiful resort like the Travellers beach. The people who run and manage this property are very pleasant. Its a clean place and nice food. Could see a lot of leisure activities around. Will certainly come back here if I plan a holiday in Mombasa in future.

Room Tip: Look for the seaview rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank syedfarhadh
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Syed,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel during September '13. It was not a really great place to stay if you are a young european travelling around. First of all, it is located in the middle of many resorts, and the only access to the beach is full of Kenyans who would like to sell you something and do not stop pushing you! Then food was not really great. It was a buffet, and had nothing really special...however, breakfast was amazing with waffels, crepes, eggs, and plenty of other stuff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We have just for back from travellers all inclusive beach club, we stayed 3 nights after having a hectic few days on safari. The club was incredibly welcoming and friendly. Our room looked out onto the beach which was beautiful, it rained most days but only showers that didn't last long. The one thing that makes this place is the staff, we loved Thomas in the resurant who was always very pleasant and chatty and always greeted us with a smile. The people on the beach trying to sell items are a bit of a pain but it was very beautiful, and there are security guards on each entrance so the sellers can't get on the hotel grounds, we met a young man called Michael who was very kind and friendly, and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and very professional when it comes to his role as security guard - he's a credit to the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend anyone to stay here.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jo M
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Jo,

I am delighted to learn that you experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service. I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

GENERAL MANAGER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburi
Severin Sea Lodge
Reef Hotel
Reef Hotel
#16 of 58 in Mombasa
Nyali International Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Travellers Beach Hotel & Club? Share your experiences!