We stayed all inclusive at the Travellers Beach Hotel for ten days after a wonderful four day Safari in the Masai Mara National Reserve with Somak. We found the Hotel to be first class in every way, the environment was beautiful, the service from the staff was outstanding, they went out of their way to provide everything you could possibly need. We would like to say thank you and especially mention, firstly, Bridget in the reception who went out of her way to help us and is also full of information about Kenya and the localities, it was through her and our tour rep that we made a visit to the Tumaini children's home. Secondly the Chefs, Hussein and Violet in the restaurant who all ensured we had top service at mealtimes and who served with first class professionalism. The Buffet has an excellent choice, the food is A'la Carte and is superb, the snacks from the pool bar are good and tasty too a big thank you to Helen for the excellent service for our snacks and drinks.
The room says standard but it was top standard, Alex our room attendant ensured we had enough coffee for our caffeine addiction and kept our room spotlessly clean.
The beach is beautiful, and the beach bar on the half board side is beautiful to sit and chill at, they serve an awesome fruit cocktail, there are lots of beach traders on the beach who always want to give 'special' price if you are up for, and enjoy the game of bartering. Some reviews say they are a nuisance, this depends on how you see it and what you want from it, sometimes it did feel too much to go on the beach and be hassled, (then don't go!) other times it was a highly enjoyable social and trading experience, the traders are easily controllable and will leave if you say your not doing business today, or no money! some are very interesting to talk to, they all have a story to tell and are also interested in you.
We would recommend going on the following activities and trips: the day trip to Mombasa, the Malindi wood carving village and Fort Jesus is fascinating. The Marina Dhow Day Trip was excellent as was dinner in the evening on The Tamarind Dhow. The Baracuda Diving and most definitely a visit to Tumani children's home.
We really enjoyed our stay here, we made good holiday friends and will definatly be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers Beach Hotel is dedicated to give you a relaxed and home like feeling. Travellers Beach hotel provides a 4 star accommodation facility with luxurious amenities to enhance your stay and make it a memorable one. The amenities include telephone services, split air conditioner, balconies with panoramic view of the ocean and the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Jovago.com so you can book your Travellers Beach Hotel & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Beach Hotel And Club
- Travellers Beach Bamburi
- Hotel Travellers Beach
- Travellers Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Travellers Beach Hotel Kenya
- Travellers Beach Hotel & Club Kenya/Bamburi