“great experience”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“great experience”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

stayed all inclusive for 3 days. The hotel is fairly large with a variety of water-sports aorund. Good food and friendly staff. It's on a overly crowded beach, makes it a more of a family hotel. The check-out process seemed a bit complicated, could be much simpler.

Room Tip: Sea-Facing would be good. If you are with a child then ask for a 2+1 bed room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank manishmason
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your valuable comments after your last stay with us. We thank you for your recognition of all the hard work put in by my team in ensuring that every single guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service but also enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel. I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay, please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hilversum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hotel at noth coast of Mombassa was not busy at all. Pleasure to stay there with well trained staff. Spacious room with seaview however first night found out mattress was bad. Complained following morning and immediately replaced. Food -buffet- of high standard. One night also a nice African band played and they deserved a bigger audience than the 10 persons, including us.
All staff very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 23 November 2013

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had made a reservation on line. First of all, the reception can't even find the reservation when we showed up with a print-out of the reservation confirmation with a reservation number. Then, they tried to double-charge us for the non-refundable portion that had been paid with a credit card at the time of making the reservation. Cashier and reception are separate, and neither of them seems to know what they are doing nor they seem to talk to each other. Removing the double-charge and check-in took us an hour.

Then, the next morning at the time of check-out, again, nothing was communicated among them that the reception and the cashier told us we still owed them money. We had to call the accountants/mgr of the hotel to sort it out, again, wasting another half hour while we were in a rush to the airport.

NEVER AGAIN. The staff at this hotel is incredibly incompetent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MI1004
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel.

The management team has taken all your comments seriously and corrective measures to the concerns that you have raised. I am also happy to inform you that the issues raised have been addressed as at now.

This is to re-assure you that we do take all feedback positively and we take necessary measures to the related concerns to ensure that you enjoy your holiday with us in your next visits.

TRAVELLERS BEACH HOTEL

London
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed all inclusive at the Travellers Beach Hotel for ten days after a wonderful four day Safari in the Masai Mara National Reserve with Somak. We found the Hotel to be first class in every way, the environment was beautiful, the service from the staff was outstanding, they went out of their way to provide everything you could possibly need. We would like to say thank you and especially mention, firstly, Bridget in the reception who went out of her way to help us and is also full of information about Kenya and the localities, it was through her and our tour rep that we made a visit to the Tumaini children's home. Secondly the Chefs, Hussein and Violet in the restaurant who all ensured we had top service at mealtimes and who served with first class professionalism. The Buffet has an excellent choice, the food is A'la Carte and is superb, the snacks from the pool bar are good and tasty too a big thank you to Helen for the excellent service for our snacks and drinks.
The room says standard but it was top standard, Alex our room attendant ensured we had enough coffee for our caffeine addiction and kept our room spotlessly clean.

The beach is beautiful, and the beach bar on the half board side is beautiful to sit and chill at, they serve an awesome fruit cocktail, there are lots of beach traders on the beach who always want to give 'special' price if you are up for, and enjoy the game of bartering. Some reviews say they are a nuisance, this depends on how you see it and what you want from it, sometimes it did feel too much to go on the beach and be hassled, (then don't go!) other times it was a highly enjoyable social and trading experience, the traders are easily controllable and will leave if you say your not doing business today, or no money! some are very interesting to talk to, they all have a story to tell and are also interested in you.

We would recommend going on the following activities and trips: the day trip to Mombasa, the Malindi wood carving village and Fort Jesus is fascinating. The Marina Dhow Day Trip was excellent as was dinner in the evening on The Tamarind Dhow. The Baracuda Diving and most definitely a visit to Tumani children's home.

We really enjoyed our stay here, we made good holiday friends and will definatly be returning.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniela O
Dear Daniela,

KISUMU
Reviewed 25 October 2013

i have been a frequent visitor to travellers hotel. what really touched this time was the much improvement done to the rooms and totally improved public and customer relationship. the cleanliness at the entire compound is to the standard of such hotel. personally i appreciate you dedicated staffs.they are really wonderfully. may the almighty God continue giving you strength to serve the community. you are really doing Kenya proud from the talks i had with may fellow visitors

Room Tip: rooms towards the ocean are quite and have a nice breeze at night
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Tobias,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A very good place to stay. The furniture is quite "traditional" and gives a 60's impression. Good new mattress and bed sheets. The bath/shower room has a fair water pressure.
The facilities are really good, well manteined. There are 2 sides of the hotel thought, at one side apparently stays who is not full board, the oldest side but more reserved.
Although is announced Sauna, massage room etc on the facilities, apart of the pool, everything else is charged.
The breakfast is really good, plenty and with a large variety, after a while you just get bored, so I would recommend not stay on the full board which will give a opportunity to explore the city and new restaurants as they have reasonable prices.
The staff is very kind, must consider the cultural shock!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the old side are more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Merciogot,

kampala
Reviewed 19 October 2013

we stayed there in july, the restaurant, the food, the ambience are all cool. since the beach isn't private you will find many beach boys, craft sellers...but as long as you do not entertain them you can continue enjoying the beach uninterrupted. do not leave your doors open-hey monkeys are watching you and may pick your stuff from the room........at the reception, we enquired about a trip to malindi............this guy at the counter was quick to organize it at the cheapest 15000 kshs! but I saw on their notice board less than that......then I called another contact I had and this guy tells me 10,000 in a saloon car with aircondition including driver.......I go back to the reception and say no its ok cos ive got a better rate else where and this guy insists no give me business....at 8000 khs...I asked the kind of car/ aircondition/good driver..........but believe me when the car came it was a ramshackled car.....no ac, the malindi trip was so tiresome. on the nxt day our flight was at 3pm so we asked if they cud keep our luggage after the check out time and the same guy says at a fee, but we chose to move out with our luggage.......if you choose to stay at travelers, please do not be persuaded by men at the reception. he is a brown,not very tall, a bit elderly man.

Room Tip: choose rooms away from the bar by the pool cos at night the music tends to get louder
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank shp_12
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel in addition, the ambience as well.

TRAVELLERS BEACH HOTEL

GENERAL MANAGER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburi
Severin Sea Lodge
PrideInn Paradise Beach Resort
PrideInn Express Nyali
PrideInn Express Nyali
#11 of 58 in Mombasa

Been to Travellers Beach Hotel & Club? Share your experiences!