Travellers Beach Hotel & Club
US$49
US$167
US$155
Agoda.com
Pa Pweza Adamsville Beach Suites(Bamburi)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Pool
US$93
US$44
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach boysindian restaurantsnack barday safariwater volleyballt shirtsall inclusive guestshalf boardanimation teamcleaned dailyour waitergreat holidayall inclusive packagebamburi beachbeach frontmosquito netindian ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I am currently holidaying at travellers beach hotel Mombasa, a hurried trip without much planning and I am pleasantly surprised. It doesn't cost soo much like other hotels in the area yet it's paradise enough. We got lovely rooms 609 and 608 that face the ocean and the view is spectacular.

Room Tip: I suppose all the rooms are good but the ones facing the beach give a better view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MISSFASHIONS
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your valuable comments after your last stay with us. We thank you for your recognition of all the hard work put in by my team in ensuring that every single guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

I am delighted to learn that you experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service.I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay, please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel was fine, the food also. We even spent New Year's there, the celebration was organized in the garden with tons of different food.
Would definitely visit again because it is affordable and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madamz1

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is situated next to a lovely Italian restaurant, and that's about all. The hotel itself is kept clean and the room was very nice with an amazing view of the Indian ocean. The only problem with this hotel is its policy on allowing in prostitutes.
We are a interracial couple in our mid 30's with me being a Caucasian male and my wife being of African origin, but not Kenyan. Nearly every night of our stay my wife was confronted at the security post to enquire had she paid to stay here, the stay was part of our honeymoon. Therefore if you are a white male, married to a black female then I would stay in diani beach as this area is full of older white men with young black ladies.
We did complain to the customer relations manager whom admitted that the hotel had this issue previously, she was polite and left a bottle of wine in our room as a good will gesture. I still wouldn't return here though.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you're not an interracial married couple!! Superior rooms have the best sea view!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stephen s
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2015

Dear Guest,
It was such a pleasure to read your valuable comments after your last stay with us. We really appreciate and do thank you for the support.
The management team has taken all your comments seriously and corrective measures to the concerns that you have raised. I am also happy to inform you that the issues raised have been addressed as at now.This is to re-assure you that we do take all feedback positively.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was at Travellers Beach Hotel for a small conference. Although I am at ease in China and Latin America, this was my first trip to Africa, so I was a but shaky. But I didn't need to be. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Brigid at Guest Services went the extra mile a couple of times to attend to various off-resort requests. Travellers Beach has everything to make you feel comfy and secure. It's clean, has bed nets for mosquito magnets, big rooms, perfect beds. At the same time, it is far from a sterile American-Euro-chain clone. The itinerant monkeys rambling around the edges and the morning hornbills in the trees remind you that this isn't Kansas. My only caveat - if you plan on eating at one of the "sit-down" restaurants instead of the buffet, make sure that you give yourself at least two hours.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BirdBikingBuddha
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Just returned today from a two week trip to Masai Mara and add on at Travellers Beach Club. Cant fault the hotel at all. Would recommend this hotel; excellent service from all staff, (James Sewe our waiter especially), nothing was too much trouble, the food was five star and excellent entertainment in the evenings (all inclusive part only). Once you get over the initial shock of the beach sellers (just tell them to leave you alone, they get the hint eventually) and dont buy from them until you have visited the wood carvers on the outskirts of Mombassa. We found a fabulous little place just along the beach from the hotel where we had numerous massages from Esther and Ayesha (600 kenyan shillings for an hour). Those girls work hard. Take the Tamarind Dhow trip too as this was well worth the money (La Marina restaurant in Mtwapa). All in all, first class holiday and one day hope to go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sheila98b
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service but also enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel. I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.