“Nice food, average service”

Travellers Beach Hotel & Club
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Nice food, average service”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The rooms are excellent with pleasant view of the beach. The bar is well stocked with all the brands one may require, both local and international. At entry, if you are are a local, tall and slim like me, you are treated like like an al shabab suspect thanks to the recent spate of attacks in the area. Otherwise it is a good place to holiday.

Room Tip: Select rooms away from the open air poolside disco if you are an early sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Leonard M
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your valuable comments after your last stay with us. We thank you for your recognition of all the hard work put in by my team in ensuring that every single guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

I am delighted to learn that you experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service.I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay, please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was there for six days running training workshops. The staff was very courteous and eager to serve. Very customer centric, since we had specific requirements - never heard a "No" form them.

The sea facing room was just beautiful.

Aisshvarya

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AisshvaryaShah
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 24 June 2014

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have just returned from Travellers (where I am a regular visitor) and find it as good as ever. The service I received was excellent from everyone from the managers to my room steward. The room was as requested and very spacious with its own sitting and dressing areas - not luxurious but more than adequate. Food was good and plentiful. The 3 pools are clean and especially the lower one is vast.

A shame that the FCO advisory will make people think twice about coming here. I felt quite safe - even when going out of the hotel, although would not choose to go to central Mombasa at any time.

Pauline B.

Room Tip: Rooms near the upper pools are quietest, those by the bottom pool have sea views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Pauline B
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 9 June 2014

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Liked the ambiance and the staff were really warm and welcoming.

The food was wanting in terms of variety.

A little bit of discrimination by the staff i.e. between blacks and whites

Liked the rooms.

Good choice for family vacation

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Winnie O

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my wife and 8yr old over Easter 2014 and was pleasantly surprised at how well I was treated despite the large number of holiday makers at that time.

When we arrives getting a room was delayed but they offered us a nice lunch as they sorted it out. After checking in, we found the room at a location we had specified. Another plus for them... meals, ambience and the staff were great.

A special commendation to the Manager called Wafula who made sure everything went well for us.

Only problem was we were not informed that the hotel is split into two the club and the beach. The club was all inclusive and anyone could swim in the evening unlike the beach where pool closed at 6pm or so.

All in all a great place.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Paul N

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I am currently holidaying at travellers beach hotel Mombasa, a hurried trip without much planning and I am pleasantly surprised. It doesn't cost soo much like other hotels in the area yet it's paradise enough. We got lovely rooms 609 and 608 that face the ocean and the view is spectacular.

Room Tip: I suppose all the rooms are good but the ones facing the beach give a better view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MISSFASHIONS
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, 25 April 2014

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel was fine, the food also. We even spent New Year's there, the celebration was organized in the garden with tons of different food.
Would definitely visit again because it is affordable and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank madamz1

GENERAL MANAGER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburi
Severin Sea Lodge
Reef Hotel
Reef Hotel
#16 of 58 in Mombasa
Nyali International Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Travellers Beach Hotel & Club? Share your experiences!