“Simply the best.”

Riverside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Bainbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Better than all the rest. No, really! Tina Turner definitely applies to this B&B. We were sad to go home.

The location is perfect for all the things we wanted to see over the Easter weekend. The rooms were lovely and warm and perfectly equipped. I was too excited to lie in the first morning I woke up in our four poster bed so I made myself a cup of coffee in the Yorkshire lass mug supplied and snuck down to the garden to watch the ducklings play in the morning sun under the bridge. The cooked breakfast that followed was fabulous, especially the meat which comes from the butcher just downstairs. As I'm not always a cooked breakfast fan there were also lovely continental options including homemade preserves. The breakfast-come-living room is decorated with interesting vintage items and I was seriously contemplating if one of the Chesterfield rocking chairs would fit on the roof of our car. Roxana is a wonderful hostess and has a lot of special touches up her sleeve. Ours was a Lindt chocolate egg each on our breakfast table on Easter Sunday!

There is a wonderful walk to Semerwater straight from the B&B through fields which were full of lambs - we even saw one being born! Magical! Other things we managed to see over the weekend include Jervaulx Abbey, Constable Burton Garden, Himalayan Garden, Ribblehead viaduct, Parcevall Hall Gardens, Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire Arboretum and Castle Howard. We would thoroughly recommend Berry's farm close to the B&B for lunch and the Wensleydale Heifer is the best seafood I've ever had (blows the Loch Fyne on Loch Fyne out of the water!).

Stay here. You will soon be planning when you can next return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hev B
Roxana M, Owner at Riverside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words, it's great to see you enjoyed your time here. It was a pleasure meeting you both and I wish you best of luck with your future plans!

Kind regards, Roxana.

P.S. thank you for the great photos :)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at the Riverside Bed & Breakfast for one night on Monday 28th April. Even though we had our Sat-Nav we still found the accommodation difficult to find. However the landlord Richard saw us and came to our rescue. Our welcome was exceptionable and warm. Richard carried our suitcase up the stairs to the accommodation that was on the second floor.
The setting, house and our en’suite room was a sheer delight, so unusually furnished with comfortable antique furniture and four poster bed.
Our lovely breakfast was superbly cooked and served by Roxanna the manageress. We had a choice of cereals, fruit, yogurt and cooked breakfast that was locally sourced.
When I am in the area again I would certainly stay at the ‘Riverside’ and I highly recommend this superb B & B.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 527Trees1
Roxana M, Owner at Riverside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you very much to the both of you for your lovely review. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your short stay here. I'm glad my fiance Richard made you feel welcome and I'm sorry I couldn't be there myself to greet you. I do hope you'll come back some day maybe for a longer stay.

Kind regards, Roxana.

P.S. We don't have a manager, it's more of a one person show, I am the cleaner, cook, receptionist and owner at Riverside B & B :)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

After a long drive from the South Coast on a Friday evening (28th March) we arrived at 10pm to such a friendly welcome from Roxana, who kindly assisted us with our luggage. The room was beautiful with a comfortable four poster bed and a large, spacious bathroom. The extras such as the biscuit tin were well appreciated after the long journey and good quality shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were on offer in the bathroom. The lounge area is really homely and has some fantastic ornaments and knick knacks on display. The breakfast was spot on both days and I really appreciated the vegetarian sausages on offer. All ingredients were top quality, as was the tea and juices available. I would 100% recommend this B&B to anyone staying in the area - it is very much value for money.

1  Thank Abigail D
Roxana M, Owner at Riverside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you very much for your great comments. It was a pleasure meeting you and your friends and I'm very pleased you enjoyed your time here and I do hope you'll come back soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just returned from our one night stay at Riverside B&B for a friends wedding nearby. We stayed in the twin room which was lovely and cosy, clean and quirky. The breakfast was delicious and the host was incredibly warm and accommodating. We would definitely recommend.

1  Thank LouiseAndrew

Thank you very much to the both of you for your great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here at Riverside and I do hope you will come back some day.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here a few weeks ago for two nights for my boyfriends birthday. What a fab building inside and out with a lot of character. Our welcome was lovely and the host Roxanna is fabulous even offered to help with our bags. The B&B was full of a warm charm as soon as you arrive an a lot of personal effort has gone into the decor of the place.
Breakfast was amazing and all locally sourced products, the wonderful Roxanna even put a birthday candle in my boyfriends brekkie on his birthday.
I can't recommend the Riverside bed and breakfast enough.

1  Thank laura_nizzy

What lovely comments, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. It's great to see guests leave here happy. Maybe I'll see you again in the future, you're always welcome here.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here in February for 4 nights & had a fantastic stay. We were in the double four poster bedroom, really cosy & homely. Loved all the vintage decor around the B&B. Roxana was a lovely host & gave us plenty of tips on what to do in the area. Breakfast was amazing! Definitely recommend this B&B, we'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay here and I do hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

stayed in the twin room. very clean and comfortable. no complaints at all. beautiful homely vintage decor with wonderful personal touches. good breakfast. fantastic frienly host. would highly recommend. thank you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jobloggs79
Roxana M, Owner at Riverside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I'm glad you enjoyed your time here. Hopefully I'll see you again in the near future.

Best regards, Roxana

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Stone House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bainbridge
Hazels Roost
Hazels Roost
#3 of 4 in Bainbridge

Been to Riverside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!