“Not one Fault”

Riverside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Bainbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the weekend before our first baby is born, Roxanna is the perfect host, friendly and chatty and with a good local knowledge too. The room and B and B itself were immaculate And the breakfasts were delicious, would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline S
Roxana M, Owner at Riverside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you very much Jacqueline for your great review. It was a pleasure having you as my guests especially during such a special period in your lives. I wish you all the best for the future and I hope to see you three again!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This B&B is absolutely lovely, cozy and very clean The en suite rooms are well equipped with four poster bed, toiletries, hair dryer and wifi. Really liked the attention to detail and the nice little touches such as tea and coffee with complementary biscuits. Roxanna is a lovely friendly owner/hostess with a quick whit and a super sense of humour, she came out to greet us and immediately made us feel very welcome. She also cooks a super breakfast. The quiet location is perfect with several pubs/restaurants in the next village of Askrigg within easy walking distance, about 1.5 miles away, according to Roxanna this can be walked within 15 minutes, but then again she is in training for the olympics. For the less enthusiastic it takes about forty minutes. Would definitely recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: room 1 is at the rear of the property, very quiet, overlooks the car park & garden
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela F

Thank you very much for the great comments, I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay here. I must say that after long, extensive research I have now figured out why it took you longer to walk to Askrigg, It wasn't raining :)

It was a pleasure meeting you both and I do hope you'll come back someday!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this as it has old/new together, unlike some places that are too 'olde worlde' I looked at.
We were greeted very warmly and welcoming by Roxanna who couldn't do enough for us,
even offered to carry our bags from the car in the pouring rain.( it doesn't rain all the time in Yorkshire)
Our room over looked the river, which was lovely and warm for us soft southerners very clean and a lovely tin of biscuits which went down well before dinner.
A lovely breakfast even though we couldn't manage a full English.
I would definitely stay here again on our return to The Dales.
Thank you Roxanna.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anita H
Roxana M, Owner at Riverside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, much appreciated. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay here in spite of the weather.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We normally stay at 4 and 5 star hotels, but due to being invited to a wedding in Bainbridge, and no 4 or 5 star hotels available, we read the good reviews for the riverside B & B and thought we would give it a go, we were not disappointed, a really 1st class run B&B, with all the comforts of a top hotel, breakfasts were of 1st class quality, service excellent, room quality excellent. Thank you Roxana, thank you, we will be back.

Room Tip: We had the double room, 4 poster, really comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank topper1957

Thank you very much for your great review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your friends and I'm glad to see I've managed to rise up to your high expectations :) and I haven't put you off from staying in b and b's again. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Better than all the rest. No, really! Tina Turner definitely applies to this B&B. We were sad to go home.

The location is perfect for all the things we wanted to see over the Easter weekend. The rooms were lovely and warm and perfectly equipped. I was too excited to lie in the first morning I woke up in our four poster bed so I made myself a cup of coffee in the Yorkshire lass mug supplied and snuck down to the garden to watch the ducklings play in the morning sun under the bridge. The cooked breakfast that followed was fabulous, especially the meat which comes from the butcher just downstairs. As I'm not always a cooked breakfast fan there were also lovely continental options including homemade preserves. The breakfast-come-living room is decorated with interesting vintage items and I was seriously contemplating if one of the Chesterfield rocking chairs would fit on the roof of our car. Roxana is a wonderful hostess and has a lot of special touches up her sleeve. Ours was a Lindt chocolate egg each on our breakfast table on Easter Sunday!

There is a wonderful walk to Semerwater straight from the B&B through fields which were full of lambs - we even saw one being born! Magical! Other things we managed to see over the weekend include Jervaulx Abbey, Constable Burton Garden, Himalayan Garden, Ribblehead viaduct, Parcevall Hall Gardens, Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire Arboretum and Castle Howard. We would thoroughly recommend Berry's farm close to the B&B for lunch and the Wensleydale Heifer is the best seafood I've ever had (blows the Loch Fyne on Loch Fyne out of the water!).

Stay here. You will soon be planning when you can next return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hev B

Thank you very much for your kind words, it's great to see you enjoyed your time here. It was a pleasure meeting you both and I wish you best of luck with your future plans!

Kind regards, Roxana.

P.S. thank you for the great photos :)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at the Riverside Bed & Breakfast for one night on Monday 28th April. Even though we had our Sat-Nav we still found the accommodation difficult to find. However the landlord Richard saw us and came to our rescue. Our welcome was exceptionable and warm. Richard carried our suitcase up the stairs to the accommodation that was on the second floor.
The setting, house and our en’suite room was a sheer delight, so unusually furnished with comfortable antique furniture and four poster bed.
Our lovely breakfast was superbly cooked and served by Roxanna the manageress. We had a choice of cereals, fruit, yogurt and cooked breakfast that was locally sourced.
When I am in the area again I would certainly stay at the ‘Riverside’ and I highly recommend this superb B & B.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 527Trees1
Roxana M, Owner at Riverside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you very much to the both of you for your lovely review. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your short stay here. I'm glad my fiance Richard made you feel welcome and I'm sorry I couldn't be there myself to greet you. I do hope you'll come back some day maybe for a longer stay.

Kind regards, Roxana.

P.S. We don't have a manager, it's more of a one person show, I am the cleaner, cook, receptionist and owner at Riverside B & B :)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

After a long drive from the South Coast on a Friday evening (28th March) we arrived at 10pm to such a friendly welcome from Roxana, who kindly assisted us with our luggage. The room was beautiful with a comfortable four poster bed and a large, spacious bathroom. The extras such as the biscuit tin were well appreciated after the long journey and good quality shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were on offer in the bathroom. The lounge area is really homely and has some fantastic ornaments and knick knacks on display. The breakfast was spot on both days and I really appreciated the vegetarian sausages on offer. All ingredients were top quality, as was the tea and juices available. I would 100% recommend this B&B to anyone staying in the area - it is very much value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abigail D
Roxana M, Owner at Riverside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you very much for your great comments. It was a pleasure meeting you and your friends and I'm very pleased you enjoyed your time here and I do hope you'll come back soon.

Best regards, Roxana.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
4 mi away
Harling House, Bed and Breakfast
4 mi away
Southview Bed & Breakfast
Milton House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Riverside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!