“Anniversary treat”
Review of Yorebridge House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Yorebridge House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bainbridge
durham
“Anniversary treat”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My partner and I stayed for one night for our anniversary. We arrived early and were told our room was already ready. We were shown our room and how to use the hot tub. The hotel has a lovely welcoming feel. Our room was the st jean room which was lovely and cosy and nice and warm on a cold bitter day. The hot tub was amazing and we spent the afternoon in it before getting ready for dinner. We were welcomed at the bar and our drink orders taken and we were shown through to the lounge area where there was a lovely log fire. The menu is a set menu with about 5 choices for each course. I did struggle with the menu choice as I'm not fond of most meats which made me choose the halibut which was delicious . It makes you try something you would probably not of chosen. The food was exceptional and the service excellent. The hot tub at night was even better looking up at the stars. Only complaint would be I'm a size 8 and a size 5 shoe my partner has a 52 in chest and size 12 shoe and the robes and slippers were the same size . The only complaint with the room was the damp patch in the corner of the bathroom and grouting missing on the tiles but after having a shower we realised why. The design of it was lovely but once in the water bounces of you and starts to flood in the corners. We slept wonderfully due to the cotton sheets and feather duvet which so lovely and cosy. The breakfast was lovely my partner chose the full breakfast and I had the omelette. Service was superb again. I will definitely return and try a different room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at Yorebridge for the weekend, it was a lovely (but expensive) treat for our birthdays. We were absolutely 100% happy with the quality of the service we received from the staff. Our welcome was lovely and friendly, with a tour of the hotel, and an explanation of the hot tub. The bar and waiting staff are a great assett to the hotel. We very much enjoyed our evening meals, they were of an exceptional standard. The breakfasts were a delightful start to each day.

Our comment would be that as we stayed for two nights, we would have very much liked to have seen a daily menu. Been presented with the same menu on the second night was disappointing, and we felt compromised with the choice.

The rooms are expensive, and dare I suggest for their money, over priced. There was some attention to detail that had been overlooked such as chips on the soap dishes and mildew in one the bathrooms.Empty hurricane lamps and tea light holders (no candles) I would also expect simple touches like fresh flowers and plants - not artifical ones. I also like simple things like somewhere to stand my luggage whilst it was unpacked. Both our rooms had hot tubs, and it would have been nice to have two robes, one for lounging in the room in and one for use to dip in and out of the hot tub. Soggy bath robes are not my idea of luxury.

There is lots of opportunity to relax and enjoy the surroundings of Yorebridge, Once the sunday papers were done (with a bottle of red) it would have been nice to have some more reading material, maybe some life style magazines. If you are like me and struggle with completely relaxing I would recommend you take some literature away with you.

My husband grumbles that sometimes its like going away with the hotel inspector, but on this occasion he felt inclined to agree with me. The things that niggled us, could be put right with a bit more attention to detail.

Our stay ticked the box of us 'getting away from it all' and we had a very relaxing weekend. I doubt we will visit Yorebridge again any time soon - bit too expensive compared to other places we have stayed.

Room Tip: In our opinion rooms are pretty much on a par. The less expensive room we stayed in first was as goo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claireabell77
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night to celebrate my birthday. We were in the Kariega room which is part of an annexe across the car park from the main hotel. Nice big room, well equipped, although TV controls were a bit fiddly. Hot tub on decking just outside room and over-looking river was great. easy to work, even in the dark, and very warm and spacious. One slight moan about our room was that it was completely open plan, including the bathroom and toilet. Very nice shower and bathroom fittings though. Little bit of noise from adjoining rooms but nothing serious. We had dinner in the restauarant which was really superb. Fine dining, very intricate food, beautifully cooked and presented. Service was top notch, the menu was described in great detail by the front of house guy. Drinks a little bit pricey but good choice of wines. I'm afraid we missed breakfast so cant comment.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2013

after staying only for one night, my wife and i did not want to have to come home. wow what a lovely hotel and a fantastic restaurant. we were politely greeted in the car park and our bag was carried to reception. after a brief tour we were shown our room. it was large, warm and well equipped, superb bathroom, excellent hot tub. our evening meal and breakfast was delicious. i have eaten in good restaraunts that were not as tasty, or with such friendly and helpful staff. well done Yorebridge we will be back and soon and for longer

Room Tip: the two rooms in the outer building had private hot tubs although we had noisy people above us.
Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife have 1 weekend a month away and always look for a nice hotel,having looked on the Internet this hotel with the hot tub drew our attention. We stopped in the school house in room Ri .The room looked vey nice hotel and grounds very nice. The TV remote / flashing screen need sorting out no point having an expensive TV that you struggle to use. iPod docking station very poor quality.Went to use the hot tub on arrival and found the button was not working to turn it on and had to call reception to fiddle with something to get it going I think he staff now about the fault but have not fixed the problem as the receptionist new exactly what to do,again in the morning when using hot tub had to call reception to turn on not ideal in a £300 a night hotel. Evening meals limited,we chose the bar menu which was ok but nothing special.Breakfast was ok but poor service nobody seamed to know what was going on had to ask for milk salt and pepper. My opinion hotel is nice but lacks the final 20% of refinement and is over priced as you don't leave blown away and I think you should for £300 a night

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tim R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We booked at the Yorebridge House Hotel for our wedding night, having held our wedding reception at Bolton Castle just down the road. When booking, we explained that we would be arriving very late, around 1am. We were assured this would be fine as the reception is supposed to be 24 hours, with a night porter on duty.

A week prior to the date of our arrival, I phoned to confirm our booking and checked again that the late arrival would be ok. Again, I was assured it would be fine. The day before our wedding, we dropped off our bags at the hotel, and again, mentioned our late arrival. Again we were assured there would be no problems.

When we actually arrived at 1am, in full wedding attire, the hotel was closed. There were no lights on and no-one answered the door. It was minus 1 outside and I was in my wedding dress with no coat! Luckily our taxi driver refused to leave until we got in. After 20 minutes of banging on the doors and windows, he phoned (as he was the only one with any phone reception) and after a very long wait and numerous attempts, finally the phone was answered.

The night porter came to the door and looked at us with confusion. He said he was new and had not been told to expect us. I explained and he just shrugged. Luckily I knew which room we had booked as he was very reluctant to let us in! When we got to the room, to our utter relief, our bags were there. I'm pleased to say the room was beautiful and the bed very comfortable.

We were woken very early (7am!) the following morning by noise from the people in the room next to us using the hot tub on their terrace. Not exactly what we wanted after our late and traumatic arrival on the morning after our wedding!

Breakfast was disorganised. The teapot was overfilled and the table wasn't level, so it spilled all over the table. No-one came to wipe it up so we had to use our napkins. There was no sugar for the cornflakes and when asked, the kitchen staff looked baffled and offered us icing sugar!! Sugar lumps do NOT work for sprinkling on cornflakes!

We went out for the day and on return to the hotel, a member of staff apologised to us about the problems we'd had getting into the hotel and brought a bottle of champagne to our room. My husband does not drink champagne, so he received one measly pint of beer. Considering the price of the hotel, I would expect much better service. The amount of inconvenience and discomfort we were put to, on the most important day of our lives, deserves slightly more compensation than a bottle of house champagne and a pint of bitter!

It's a really lovely hotel, beautifully designed and in a gorgeous location. I really did want to love it, but our experience was very disappointing.

Room Tip: The rooms with the hot tubs are all on the ground floor. The rooms upstairs in the building opposite...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lavenderchick
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

The Yorebridge House is an amazing escape. We first were amazed by the stunning views on the way to the hotel as the Hotel was centralised way in The Yorkshire Dales. As we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with the lovely receptionist and i think the assistant manager. We were shown to our room, the `kariega` room, immaculately clean, lovely decor, warm and cosy, and the view and hot tub outside were amazing, as our hot tub had a view of a lake below. We went to the restaurant, we were recommended a lovely wine accompanied by some amazing canapés. From then on the surprises just kept on going. The service was seamless and fast. The breakfast was even better. I would like to point out all ingredients used are local to the hotel which i think is brilliant. I would definitely go back, and i would definitely recommend it. Thank you Yorebridge House.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NethanGP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Stone House Hotel
The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale
New Inn Hotel
New Inn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clapham

Been to Yorebridge House? Share your experiences!