“Excellent stay at Yorebridge House”
Review of Yorebridge House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Yorebridge House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bainbridge
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed in the St Jean room at the beginning of February. We like to try luxury/boutique hotels & had not heard of this place before -we are so impressed with this hidden gem & would highly recommend. The service & attention to detail we received was outstanding. The quality & presentation of the food was stunning. The room was lovely & hot tub a nice addition, although you do need to pay attention to the instructions! A very elegant and attentive hotel. We will definitely be returning soon.

2  Thank MrWMrsW77
There are newer reviews for Yorebridge House

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I took my partner to Yorebridge house as a surprise birthday present and we had a great stay. We stayed in the St Jean room (with hot tub!) and it was absolutely lovely. The pictures on the website do not do it justice! Much more spacious than it looks! It was clean and well equipped with everything we needed. We ordered room service for dinner and it was very fast and fantastic food. The staff are brilliant, they will organise everything you need and really do look after you!! Can't wait to go back and try other rooms! Hopefully this time it'll be my partner who treats me!

Room Tip: St jean was brilliant, very private too!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The Yorebridge is set by a beautiful river in a small village in the Dales. We had been looking for a nice hotel, something a bit special for the weekend after Valentines day. We got a good last minute rate for dinner bed and breakfast and arrived just after check in time at three pm.

All of the staff and other residents were very friendly, we had a bottle of champagne on arrival and were shown to our room, the Saint Jean. The bathroom is delightful, modern and lovely with a large double shower. The room has a sea based theme and is tastefully decorated with lots of shells etc. The bedside iPod dock worked but we did seem to be unable to work the TV.... we only managed to get channel 5 but you don't go away to watch TV! Robes and slippers are also provided which is useful for the hot tub outside.

We were told our hot tub was being prepared and would be ready in about ten minutes. They are emptied and cleaned daily which is nice to hear! We spent some time in the tub before dinner and went back in after, it was very romantic being under the clear sky watching the stars, we didn't even realise until we got out that it had been freezing and our robes and slippers had frozen with the moisture within them from before!

Food in the restaurant was delicious and we enjoyed cocktails with dinner. Breakfast the following morning was also lovely. The staff who work at the Yorebridge were all very helpful and friendly.

Thank you for making our stay so special!

Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We spent a Saturday night at Yorebridge, first plus is you can stay for a Weekend night without being forced to stay for 2 so thankyou! Service is personal and friendly. We stayed in Mougins room which was just lovely, highly recommend & a very big comfortable bed, sheets you don't want to get out of! Really nice bathroom & big roll top bath (although no shower). Rate is Dinner, Bed & Breakfast which I like, you know what you are paying up front so no massive surprise at the bill the next day. The small touches matter from canapés with our G&T's, to an oyster pre-starter. The meal was lovely, beautifully cooked and service remained excellent throughout. My only improvement would be a better quality hair dryer & iPod docking station - if you want either; bring your own! Can only think they are a bit rubbish as they get nicked! Shame as the quality of everything else was fab. It is relatively expensive so worth it for a special occasion as it is a real treat.

Room Tip: Loved Mougins!
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Yorebridge pitches itself as a small boutique hotel with a fine restaurant and an informal Yorkshire Style. It succeeds on all levels. The rooms are individually designed and ours the Carebeo was a a first floor room in the separate building next to the main hotel beautifully positioned next to the River and elevated enough to ensure the views were stunning. The buildings are an old School and Headmasters house. Some rooms have hot tubs ours had a wonderful deep bath and fantastic views across Wensleydale and the Ure (Yore). The food was excellent and well constructed from local produce ( the fish was from the excellent Hodgsons who supply all our favourite restaurant the Chorizo from Goredale scar and the meat all local). The staff are attentive but informal and the whole experience is a perfect place to relax. No phone reception and no WiFi so leave those gadgets at home and read a book ! The walking around the dale is wonderful but you probably know that already. It rates as highly in our eyes as any 4 or 5 star quality hotel in the dales and I include the Yorke Arms (my Gold standard) in that comparison. I can offer no greater compliment

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet ask for a room in the School house - these are apart from the hotel and...
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

First of all I'd like to say this is my first review. I use trip advisor all the time and have stayed in many hotels but ive never felt the need to review it however this hotel is simply exceptional!
We arrived and Were promptly checked in, shown around, taken to our room (kareiga) and shown how to work the hot tub! Which might I add was brilliant!

The room was clean, well decorated, bed so comfortable to the point I didn't want to get out once I was in! Homemade shortbread are a lovely touch and tasted beautiful... The whole stay was just perfect!

We went for dinner at 8 and sat in the bar area for a few drinks, the staff are polite, curteous, smart and friendly... Nothing was too much trouble!

My know fiancée had arranged to propose and it seems everyone in the hotel except me knew, they accommodated to everything he had planned and it was just perfect!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice intimate night away the grounds and area surrounding the hotel are truly beautiful...

I will remember this stay for the rest of my life...
Thankyou.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My partner and I stayed for one night for our anniversary. We arrived early and were told our room was already ready. We were shown our room and how to use the hot tub. The hotel has a lovely welcoming feel. Our room was the st jean room which was lovely and cosy and nice and warm on a cold bitter day. The hot tub was amazing and we spent the afternoon in it before getting ready for dinner. We were welcomed at the bar and our drink orders taken and we were shown through to the lounge area where there was a lovely log fire. The menu is a set menu with about 5 choices for each course. I did struggle with the menu choice as I'm not fond of most meats which made me choose the halibut which was delicious . It makes you try something you would probably not of chosen. The food was exceptional and the service excellent. The hot tub at night was even better looking up at the stars. Only complaint would be I'm a size 8 and a size 5 shoe my partner has a 52 in chest and size 12 shoe and the robes and slippers were the same size . The only complaint with the room was the damp patch in the corner of the bathroom and grouting missing on the tiles but after having a shower we realised why. The design of it was lovely but once in the water bounces of you and starts to flood in the corners. We slept wonderfully due to the cotton sheets and feather duvet which so lovely and cosy. The breakfast was lovely my partner chose the full breakfast and I had the omelette. Service was superb again. I will definitely return and try a different room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Stone House Hotel
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
The Rose & Crown Hotel
The Rose & Crown Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bainbridge

Been to Yorebridge House? Share your experiences!