“Wedding Venue”
Review of Yorebridge House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Yorebridge House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bainbridge
Billericay Essex
“Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is the only, boutique hotel on the Yorkshire Dales, we visited sometime ago now, for a wedding we were attending, and stayed in the Bainbridge room, and it was lovely.

4 star food and service, made the whole day really very special.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Northants, UK
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel is mainly wonderful, but with one serious (for me) downside. I loved our room (St Jean - Caribbean influence, cool and modern decor, with a hot tub outside). And I loved the friendly greeting and informality. We were welcomed by David with glasses of bubbly whilst unpacking. I especially loved the atmosphere of the bar, which is central to the hotel, so we walked through it frequently and it always felt a good place to be. Everything about the accommodation is high-quality and gorgeous.

But... I struggled with the menu. The chef is clearly excellent, but having a choice of only four each of starters, mains and desserts, when staying for four nights, I did not expect to see the same menu each evening (give or take a peripheral aspect such as change of a vegetable). Perhaps if there had also been a daily special I could have coped. On the second evening, when I realised the menu would not change, I mentioned my discomfort. This was nicely dealt with, in that I was offered whatever I liked for the next night. I asked for steak, and this was provided and was good. But it is odd how disappointed I felt, knowing all day what my dinner would be, and then on day 4, knowing that I was planning to repeat day 1's choice. The four mains were pork loin, lamp rump, cod and goats cheese. I longed for a different fish dish to be offered perhaps, or maybe some duck. None of the starters appealed, so I skipped this course each night, and I had one dessert (unusually, there was no chocolate dessert). I would have eaten a lot more if there was more choice. There were also identical canapes every night - sort of fine, as these are free, but most restaurants of this quality choose to show-case something different each evening. So the food, which should have been a wonderful part of the stay, was actually rather boring. Beautifully cooked and presented, but without the pleasant addition of looking forward to reading the menu and making a new choice. (Breakfast was excellent though.) A final concern was inconsistency in the charges for dinner... sometimes a set 2 course price (which happened once when I only had the cod main, so this single dish cost £34), but twice we were charged per course, so my steak was £21.95 - rather better value than the cod! I suspect this was just a slip, but it niggled slightly.

I still think it a lovely place to stay, probably one of the best in the Yorkshire Dales, but I advise asking in advance about the menu if you are staying more than a couple of nights and would like more variety. (I had hoped to also use the village pub for one evening meal, but friends had strongly warned us to avoid it at all costs.)

2 Thank Jacky P
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My partner and I have had the pleasure of staying at Yorebridge Hotel twice now and both times were amazing. We have just come back from staying in the Barn, so luxurious and the hot tub was the best!!

• Stayed July 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Yorebridge House stands elegantly, positioned in the most scenic of locations. The walking here was almost enough to justify the long drive for an overnight stay, but we were furnished with so much more. This place just gets it right on every level. Friendly and attentive staff, achieved without being obtrusive or stuffy. We felt extremely well looked after, welcomed by staff who really did portray that our comfort and satisfaction were genuinely important to them. This was particularly true of the lovely French man who came to greet us in the car park, and also of the restaurant manager and his team of waiters. We stayed in Kariega, chosen for the hot tub and views of the river. We were enchanted by the tranquility of the views from here. It was incredibly relaxing in the large warm tub with the river running by, beautiful. Dinner really did surpass our expectations, very good food indeed. Communication with regards to our dietary requirements had been passed on from evening staff to the staff at breakfast. It was so refreshing to not have to prompt the staff, but instead for them to actively ensure that we received the type of food requested. Customer service to write home about is such a rarity, that Yorebridge needs to be congratulated on what it achieves here. This place just gets it right.

Room Tip: Kariega, if you are looking for a hot tub with a view
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Monday night with my boyfriend after being busy in our jobs. All we needed was a nice night away from the city to relax and find the romance back. This place has all you need for this! No wifi (or not that I could find), no telephone signal and only sheep and river as company.
The place looks smaller from outside than it is, and we walked into a very clean reception and bar, the check in process was fast and efficient.

The bedroom, Nishiki was lovely and well presented with lovely wonderful poster bed (though that you absolutely cannot watch the TV due to bed bar being straight into your vision, this should be re-organised, especially that the room has DVD player but can't really watch your movie). The bathroom was just gorgeous with free standing bath and double monsoon shower. The decor was just what I ought to have later in my own bathroom :).

The bed, all of feather was just difficult to leave in the morning, so comfy and snugglely I wish I was still in there.

Bay doors open to a small court with bath tube and lovely table where you can enjoy glass of champagne and cheese board.

The hot tube is nice and clean, which sometime can be worrying to use it after others, the water was at 37.5c from when we arrive so we could just start relaxing when arrived. Perfect at night time too, our next purchase perhaps ?

Loved the touch with comp water and crisps, a little plus when having a midnight craving.

The staff was attentive, especially during dinner service (that will be on the restaurant side of tripadvisor).

The only down side was the breakfast time, 8:30-9:45am was way too short for the price you pay and meant to be a romantic hotel you expect to be able to have a little lie in, perhaps till 10:15/30 would be much better. This is definitely not a corporate hotel and should adapt service to this. Breakfast was good however I wish they had croissant, we don't all love fruity pastry and can like a bit of French croissant. The best bacon I ever had for breakfast, and even though my boyfriend found the sausage too herby I just loved it!!

All in all I definitely recommend this place, I never felt so relax so quickly when going away, the place kind of has a magical feel.

Thank you for the experience.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Yorebridge House is punchily priced but doesn't quite deliver standards to match the bottom line. The setting and location are great, but some of the decor is showing its age; dinner was delicious but breakfast was a disappointment in comparison, and 8.30 am is a very late start. It seems a shame to judge a Yorkshire hotel on the hottest day of the year but when we stayed it was uncomfortably hot all the time, and at 5 star prices, air-conditioning is expected as a given. The hot weather also exposed a shortage of presentable outdoor furniture.

3 Thank Roger G
north east
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just arrived back from one night stay in St Jean room,which has its own hot tub outside.
Accommodation was spotless bar a few cobwebs around the windows but who cares when the staff, food and the surroundings are spot on.Its true that St Jeans hot tub area backs on to the car park but apart from the odd car arriving and departing is this really a big problem ?
I think some people expect the royal treatment wherever they stay and when they comment about staying in four and five star hotels around the world ,do they know that the star isn't so much for the quality but for the amenities provided.As for value for money £220 bed and breakfast with hot tub is value for money.We have also stayed at The Cranleigh Boutique in Bowness-on-Windermere in the Sanctuary 18 ,cost for the night was £389 bed and breakfast and the hot tub also backs onto the car park

1 Thank ruby1010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Hawes
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale
Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Yorebridge House? Share your experiences!