“A Little Expensive But Was Our Mini-Moon Treat”
Review of Yorebridge House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Yorebridge House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bainbridge
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
“A Little Expensive But Was Our Mini-Moon Treat”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked Yorebridge House as our Mini-moon. We got married in April but could only get availibilty for a Saturday night in October! Bit of a long wait but we hoped it would be worth it...which I think it was.

We stayed in the Kariega room which was very nicely decorated at first glance. Sadly the bathroom has been tiled badly and poor quality grouts and silicones have been used leading to mould and discolouring. I am in the industry so know about this. Its a shame that something out of the hotels control and likely to be a decision made by a contractor has ended up with this poor finish. Another thing I found odd was that the bathroom was completely open to the room - including the toilet!! I don't mind sinks and showers being in the room but I find it very awkward that the toilet is open to the room too. Where is the romance in that?!?! I think it might have been nicer for all involved parties if the toilet could have had a false wall built around it or something for some privacy. All that said, the room was lovely with tasteful décor, comfy bed and lovely little extras like the biscuits and fizz. The location and view from our back door was beautiful, the hot tub was lovely and the service we were given upon arrival was second to none. The staff were attentive and brought us anything we needed.

We were booked into the restaurant for an evening meal. When we went to the bar we were seated and given some appetizer nibbles with our drinks which were very tasty. We ordered a starter, main and desert and the portions were on the small side but this is balanced out by the fact that we got lovely pre course appetizers which was a lovely touch. So looking at it, rather than 3 big courses we actually got 6 smaller courses, all of which were of great quality and tasted very nice. We were very impressed with the staff in the hotel working in the bar and restaurant area - especially the French man and the male waiter with the glasses (I forget their names) they was really personable.

In the morning Breakfast was well organised with a lot of variety. I had a cooked breakfast, my husband sampled everything going! He said the home made muesli was really nice. I had a sneaky bit of Wensleydale too. We would love to return, but it is on the expensive side so I'm not sure if we ever will be able to. For accommodation with breakfast, evening food and drinks it came to just short of £400, which is fine as a treat like a mini-moon but not sure I could justify it for just a random overnight stay.....I wish I could!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Although we can't comment on the accommodation (we have dog's and were staying at a nearby caravan site), we visited Yorebridge on Saturday night for a meal. Despite it's elegant and sophisticated interior it still cleverly manages to invite you " to come in and put your feet up". The whole place has a wonderful, warm, friendly ambience. We were attended to brilliantly by Sophie and Robert who worked tirelessly the whole evening to ensure that our every need was attended to, as it appeared was everybody else's in the restaurant.Their professional,
courteous manner was studded with polite banter that alleviated any
stuffiness that can sometimes be associated with fine dining.
The food was absolutely amazing, with wonderful complimentary
ingredients, it was beautifully presented and our heartfelt thanks go to
Dan and the kitchen team for their obvious hard work and dedication in
producing such a lovely meal.
All in all a wonderful evening spent in a lovely location, and in comparison to other fine dining we have experienced, Yorebridge is
punching well above it's 2 Rosette status.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Superb hotel furnished to a very high standard and the decor is modern and tasteful. We had a room with a hot tub in the 'old school'. The food was excellent and very tasteful, one of the chefs was from halifax so it had to be good. The staff were very friendly and gave excellent guidance on the food and wine, especially the head of restaurant. We had a great couple of days and really enjoyed the break.
There is nothing to complain about some of the outdoor furniture looked a bit tired but that is being very picky.
I really appreciated the lights and candles that the staff put out at night around the gardens it was a nice touch.

Room Tip: go for a hot tub even in the colder evenings you can use it, and they are private.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here to celebrate my birthday and our wedding anniversary. This is our 4th visit to Yorebridge - working our way round the fabulous rooms all of which have something unique to offer. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the food is very definitely fine dining and the setting spectacular. Thank you David and Charlotte for creating something very special!

• Stayed October 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Visit for my partners 30th birthday, We stayed in the rangali room i was beautifully decorated with its own private hot tub in the garden it was fab! Only thing we do wish we had was dinner as we had eaten in a village pub before checking in, we did have breakfast next day wish was great if only could finish it all as was a little hungover from all the champagne. Would recommend to anyone

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I booked the Kariega room to celebrate my girlfriend's 40th birthday and we were both blown away by the whole experience.

The room was beautifully decorated with it's own private garden and hot tub which afforded us a lovely view of the river and dales.

Then there is the restaurant. The tone of which is pitched perfectly- the food is of fine dining standard and the staff are extremely knowledgeable without being at all stuffy or stand-offish. Special thanks to Jeremy, the restaurant manager, for his advice on the wine list and Sophie who attended our table brilliantly.

I would highly recommend this hotel for any couple who fancies a relaxing, indulgent luxury break.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have just returned from a surprise night away at Yorebridge House for my birthday.
Wow, what can I say!!!
The staff were amazing, especially Damien, Jeremy and Sophie we were made to feel very special and that nothing was too much effort.
We stayed in the Greenwich room which is at the top of the hotel, fantastic views of the dales which we enjoyed from the luxurious double baths :-). The bed was super comfy.
We had an amazing dinner the food was superb and the presentation was amazing, Sophie was attentive and nothing was too much trouble. My partner had informed the hotel it was my birthday and as a lovely touch my dessert was surrounded by gorgeous chocolate 'Happy Birthday'.
Would definitely recommend this hotel, and we will be returning soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Greenwich room which was v luxurious.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Hawes
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale
Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Yorebridge House? Share your experiences!