Probably best described as a boutique style hotel in an idyllic setting. We spent a very enjoyable two nights in the Rangali room complete with it's own hot tub in the adjacent courtyard. The rooms are reasonably spacious, comfortable beds and dependent on the room chosen, either a walk-in shower or a decent roll top bath.
Apart from seeing the Tour De France race through Bainbridge, the main purpose behind staying in the Yorebridge House was to sample the food in the restaurant - it's been on on my list of restaurants to try for a couple of years now. The food is quite exquisite - fresh ingredients (local where possible), beautifully cooked and displayed with artistic flair.
My starter, Tomato Essence, consisted of a magical combination of tomatoes, goats cheese, hers and a dressing of 'essence of tomato'. I don't often feel the need to take pictures in a restaurant but I couldn't resist it on this occasion. My main course of monkfish was equally special.
The staff are worthy of a mention - they helped to make our stay homely - always on hand when we needed them but never infringing on our private space.
We're already looking at dates for a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yorebridge House is situated by the river on the edge of the unspoilt village of Bainbridge, Wensleydale in the North Yorkshire Dales. All Yorebridge's thirteen spacious bedrooms are individually inspired with sumptuous fabrics for complete comfort. Sky HD and DVD players available in all rooms. The bathrooms have been created for luxury and relaxation. All rooms have stunning views of the dales and some have their own terrace with hot tubs. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Yorebridge House Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge House Bainbridge, Yorkshire