I was brought here by my lovely girlfriend as a surprise for my birthday and was one of the best I have had. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel extremely comfortable. The rooms are highly luxurious. Treated to afternoon tea when we arrived, with a glass of champagne which was a lovely touch, really nice selection of sandwiches and cakes.
Having had a nice relax in the hot tub and we then went to Askrigg to visit a couple of the local pubs (one of which is where they filmed All Creatures Great and Small). As we left to walk up to the village, (it was a little rainy) we were just a little up the lane and a car pulled up and it was the owner, who kindly offered us a lift.
We arrived back in time to get ready before the evening meal. Which I can say was nothing less than excellent from start to finish. 6 courses, but never felt to much. Excellent selection on the menu that covered all bases. (I am the fussiest eater in the world)
Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a weekend that little bit extra special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yorebridge House is situated by the river on the edge of the unspoilt village of Bainbridge, Wensleydale in the North Yorkshire Dales. All Yorebridge's thirteen spacious bedrooms are individually inspired with sumptuous fabrics for complete comfort. Sky HD and DVD players available in all rooms. The bathrooms have been created for luxury and relaxation. All rooms have stunning views of the dales and some have their own terrace with hot tubs. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Yorebridge House Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge House Bainbridge, Yorkshire