“Wanna go back”
Review of Yorebridge House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Yorebridge House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bainbridge
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was booked as a birthday surprise by my now fiancé and what a wonderful surprise it was. We stayed in the Kariega room complete with its own private hot tub and lawned seating area overlooking a river. From the minute we checked in we were made to feel very welcome and shown all facilities en route to our room. Our room was lovely, very well decorated and luxurious although a tad warm in summer. The bathroom is open plan which takes getting used to!
The food was simply fantastic and as a sufferer of Coeliac disease I was made to feel comfortable and confident that the food being produced was safe to eat. At no time was I made to feel that I was 'losing out' or being awkward, which is the case in most other restaurants. All staff we very friendly and were keen to make our 2 night stay as enjoyable as possible.
Overall outstanding and certainly ranks as one of our favourite boutique hotels. We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Kariega has its own garden and hot tub. Sublime.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma M
There are newer reviews for Yorebridge House

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Absolutely LOVE this place, my wife and I have stayed here three times, it is the perfect location to get away from it all. The hotel is in an idyllic, sleepy setting in the Dales, the rooms and lounge areas are beautifully decorated, the staff are attentive without being intrusive and the food is just outstanding. Never had anything less than a fantastic meal. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: Bainbridge is a great room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank exitplanetordinary
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this as a surprise for my wife. The hotel is lovely and all the staff we spoke to were helpful and efficient. We stayed in the Greenwich loft room which is beautiful and the double baths are a great way to relax after walking through the dales. The food was fantastic and it was good to see a hotel taking local produce so seriously. Only tip would be we stayed during a very hot spell of weather and the loft can get on the warm side. That aside it was a fantastic stay and we will be back!

Room Tip: Loft room was a bit warm at night during hot weather.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnshaft2000
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last night (3rd August) for our 1st wedding anniversary and it was absolutely perfect!!

We arrived and was shown around and taken to our room (rahmoune), within 10 minutes we were brought a complimentary glass of bubbly which was a great touch!

The room itself was faultless. It was spotless and so comfortable (the hubby loved the bed - he said its the comfiest hotel bed he's ever stayed in!) There was a full Sky HD package, robes, slippers, iPod dock, gorgeous shower and lovely bath!

Then for the main event...the AMAZING hot tub!!! It was just perfect, the perfect way to spend our very first anniversary! We asked the gentleman behind the bar for matches to light the candles but he insisted he would come and light them for us which was so nice!

We didn't stay at Yorebridge for dinner due to other arrangements however we stayed for breakfast and again it was perfect!!! Very yummy!!!

Thanks for having us, we really hope to return again one day

Laura and Richard Platt :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Yorebridge, General Manager at Yorebridge House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for such a lovely review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your 1st wedding anniversary with us and found the Rahmoune faultless.

Hopefully on your next stay you will be able to experience our wonderful restaurant.

Do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is absolutely stunning both inside and out. The staff, chefs, and manager were brilliant, couldn't do enough for you and nothing was a problem. The food is out of this world and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay! 6* hotel if ever there was one.

Stayed: August 2014

Wow what a great review. Thank you.

I’m so pleased you thought Yorebridge to be stunning and also that all the team were helpful. We pride ourselves on our customer service. We always try to go the extra mile for all our guests.

Hope to see you soon.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

A high class hotel at high end prices. This luxury hotel is very well presented and the room was lovely and extremely clean and well appointed. The staff were professional, courteous and welcoming.
I would like to feedback a couple of things. Firstly the sparking afternoon tea we had booked (the Summer Soarkle offer) was absolutely delicious but we had to ask for the bubbly as it wasn't given to us...perhaps a simple oversight...but the waiter said he had been told we were just a normal afternoon tea.....communication?
We had booked 2 nights on the offer but the receptionist told us we were only entitled to afternoon tea on the first day....which of course isn't fair as we were paying the same offer price for both nights and shouldn't be penalised for being one booking and not two separate ones.....when I showed her the booking email she did allow us an afternoon tea the second day but it felt awkward having to 'argue' this.
Dinner in the evening was of wonderful 'michelin star' quality and truly delicious and the additional canapés, amuse bouches etc were a lovely touch. It must be noted though that it was exactly the same menu the second night, which was a shame for those staying consecutive nights. Note also that a 10% service charge is automatically added to your bill when you go to checkout. ..even if you have prepaid on a 'deal'....and although this can be removed if you ask it is not the kind of gratuity that I like to make. ..an assumed one! A fantastic choice of wine starting at £23 a bottle.
The breakfast was fantastic....very well cooked again and a good choice.
Finally when booking I had mentioned it was my wife's 50th birthday and the person I spoke to said, "oh right I'll make a note of that" and I had hoped there might be a small acknowledgement to that in some way but sadly there was no mention at any time....little touches like that make guests feel special and would be fitting of somewhere as special as Yorebridge House. Yorebridge is a lovely place with special food and it is high end but truthfully I expected slightly better 'service'.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roozin

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I’m pleased to hear that you found the Greenwich room clean and well appointed, I’m also delighted to read that you found the food to be of Michelin star quality and will be sure to pass this on to our Head Chef.

I’m sorry that you felt the service received should have been better and will be sure to speak to staff concerned with regards to the issues you raised.

I do hope your wife had a wonderful birthday.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 17th July in the Nikishi room and we weren't disappointed. The room had all the facilities you could ever want and the staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing I would say is the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and its difficult to get taxis into the nearest busier village so expect to stay at the hotel all night. We will be hoping to return to the hotel soon but will perhaps try a different room as they all sound lovely.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank VS101984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Stone House Hotel
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
The Rose & Crown Hotel
The Rose & Crown Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bainbridge

Been to Yorebridge House? Share your experiences!