Yorebridge House is always our first choice when planning a romantic break, so what could be more perfect than choosing Yorebridge as our wedding venue.
We got married in April 2009 and had the civil ceremony and reception at Yorebridge House. From the moment we booked the wedding the staff there could not have been more helpful. We were assigned our own wedding planner, for no extra charge who was on hand 24/7 to answer any of our venue queries.
We stayed for the entire weekend. Our guests were extremely impressed with the bedroooms (and spent the first hour looking round each other's rooms!). The hotel staff helped organise our pre-wedding meal (the food is to die for) and made our guests feel welcome.
On the morning of the wedding the ladies all had a luxurious breakfast whilst the men went clay pigeon shooting. Again this was all organised by the staff. Throughout the day nothing was too much trouble.
Guest were treated to cold beers and pimms on arrival. Following the ceremony we had belini's and canapes on the beautiful lawn. Unbeknowns to our guests, the canapes were fantastic value for money and really added a special touch to our day.
Yorebridge's michelin trained chef (now in the michelin guide) did not disappoint. We had three courses of pure delight. Our guests have told us the food is amongst some of the best they've had. We had 65 guests to feed. Nothing came out cold or substandard.
Prior to the wedding we spent time with the chef to create our perfect wedding menu. We were able to taste all options prior to finalising the menu, this was one of our favourite planning jobs!
We chose the house wine and champagne which were delicious and great value.
The evening went without a hitch. One of our favourite parts were the fireworks we'd organised. Our guests were treated to an impressive firework display which looked especially good in the darkness of the Yorkshire Dales. These were let off by Dave, one of the hotel owners.
For us Yorebridge is a very special place. The hotel is very impressive. The rooms are devine, the food exquisite and the location stunning.
We recommend Yorebridge House to all.
For those wondering whether to get married there - just book the big day, you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yorebridge House is situated by the river on the edge of the unspoilt village of Bainbridge, Wensleydale in the North Yorkshire Dales. All Yorebridge's thirteen spacious bedrooms are individually inspired with sumptuous fabrics for complete comfort. Sky HD and DVD players available in all rooms. The bathrooms have been created for luxury and relaxation. All rooms have stunning views of the dales and some have their own terrace with hot tubs. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Yorebridge House Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge House Bainbridge, Yorkshire