“Wonderful”

Melaka Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My family and I enjoyed the moment while we were there. The staffs explained the butterflies life cycle and showed us their eggs and even let us to free a butterfly from its box. I love the experiences and my kids very happy to see so many butterflies around them. The bird and reptile farms as well as the insects great too.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

My lovely duaghter , wife and me was extremely happy to visit such wonderful park. I would like to please the young student given us very impressive service and explaination. Our family have very sweet memory because the young student given my duaghter a golden chance to open a beatiful box to let many beautiful butterflies to fly out of the box for them to start new life and freedom. We really reserve very impressive service.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

They have staff around the zoo to give you explanation about butterfly and other animals. Environment nice. Not so hot to walk around here since they got roof around the farm. Crocodile in their farm is superb! Larger than crocodile in Melaka Zoo and Crocodile farm.

4  Thank ghostriver
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I brought my 2 kids there and they loved it. Walking in the butterfly enclosure and seeing the butterfly eggs was amazing.

I will go there again.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was extremely shocked to see large wild animals such as tapirs and leopards housed in this 'butterfly park'.The two leopards were enclosed in a small cage that provided no place for these animals to hide and the tapir was enclosed in an empty room with a glass window. This type of environment is not healthy for such large animals that belong in the wild. Furthermore the tapir that was housed at this park had an open and infected wound and was attempting to scratch this by rubbing against the wall of the enclosure. I have provided a link to this park and there is an image of the tapir enclosed in its dull and depressing enclosure.

My trip to Malaysia was certainly RUINED by this experience and I was left saddened that such beautiful animals could be housed in such awful conditions. This is definitely a case of animal cruelty that needs serious addressing. I would advise persons to avoid this place until they remove these larger animals from this 'butterfly park'

5  Thank Pearl L