Hotel Pacific Sunrise
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
SABAS Beach Resort(La Libertad)
Casa de Mar(El Sunzal)
  • Breakfast included
Esencia Nativa(El Zonte)
  • Beachfront
Beverly Hills Hotel & Suites(Antiguo Cuscatlan)
Hotel Merliot(San Salvador)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the photos and other reviews This is clearly a budget hotel. The hotel sets across the street from the beach with a concrete breezeway to the beach - though it has a metal door which allows access to the beach if hotel staff opens for you, but to return you must walk around. The beach is very dirty with no upkeep. The staff is friendly enough though guests seem to be an afterthought. The rooms are semi clean. The AC works good. The reception on then TV was very poor. The bed is lumpy and not conducive to a good nights rest. Hotel is in need of upkeep.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank jlg07
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to stay at a place that bills itself as a "resort" ever again. That's because I don't consider Hotel Pacific Sunrise a resort, and I'm thrilled it's not!

My wife and I stayed here a year ago on a long weekend to El Salvador. When I tell people this place was "real El Salvador," I hear them snicker. Well, forget your preconceived notions and give this place a try. It's relatively inexpensive although there's really nothing special about the rooms. But they were comfortable and clean. We enjoyed three meals a day on the outside patio near the pool and I can't remember the last time I tasted food so fresh. And the prices couldn't be beat!

The hotel is located smack dab on the ocean. A short walk down an iron staircase put us on a black, sandy beach where small restaurant/bars served drinks from their ocean-front windows. Again, the prices were excellent. La Libertad is a quiet town and we didn't see much else in the neighborhood; we walked around a bit during the day but mostly stuck with tour guides. The hotel, like everywhere else that we saw in El Salvador, employed armed guards who strolled the grounds 24/7. That's definitely something new to me, but I wasn't complaining! They were very friendly, as was the hotel staff and everyone we met in El Salvador.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Probably the most comfortable location in Puerto de La Libertad, the hotel is located on the beachfront, and has a great view to the ocean. Great to use an outpost for exploring La Libertad, as it is located right in front of the main street, with many restaurants and five minutes away from the port.

This hotel has a great parking space, and the lobby is austere but clean and cool. The rooms are affordably priced, and quite basic: You get beds, A/C, cable TV, a bathroom. The greatest feature is likely the view of the ocean on the upper floors. Rooms were clean.

The pool was large and clean, not too deep, with some beach chairs and umbrellas, and located next to the buffet / bar area, good for relaxing while the kids play. We found the pool to be clean, and the staff quite nice and quick to attend your requests. The food at the restaurant is ok, nothing remarkable but no complains.

The hotel is located just across the street from the beach, and it even has a bridge to take you safely over the traffic and directly to a gate to the beach, but this has some run-down cafeterias in the vicinity, the sand and waves feel oily (probably due to the relative proximity of the port), and plenty of rocks around. Definitively not the best location in the area, I would avoid it as I favor cleaner beachfronts. Expect no beach chairs here. Don't let this discourage you, as there are many nice beachfronts in the area, and the conditions can't be helped due to the hotel location at the heart of the seafront community.

Surrounding facilities include the port, and some nice and new restaurant areas there. Also, some supermarkets and fast food joints for those who prefer to stock up and just sleep over at the hotel and backpack around.

Overall, a nice place to stay. It feels safe and has a great ocean view, and the location really shines for adventurous tourists who don't expect to be pampered or treated like royalty. Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Doemens
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel almost exclusively when I visited La Libertad and it usually provided satisfactory accommodations, but I was rather disappointed on my last visit. While the room was the same and the a/c kept it very cool, I think I was the only person on my floor and my TV had a horrible picture. Since I spend little time in the room that wasn't very bothersome, but the rest of the hotel had really degraded since my last visit. The first thing was the pool. It was so dirty the bottom couldn't be seen, even in the shallow end, and the bottom was covered in sand. The may be expected to a point, but on the surface it had so many bugs that it was impossible to avoid them. Along with the bugs were leaves and plants and the only time anybody made an attempt to clean the pool is when I did it in an attempt to make a swimmable area. in the past there were umbrellas at the pool to shield you from the blazing sun, but they seem to have disappeared along with the pool guy. around the pool and in the parking area there was debris strewn everywhere and it just made the place look run-down. They no longer had the optional buffet breakfast that they had, at least on the Saturday I was there. To be honest, it looks like the hotel is very close to going out of business, which is too bad because I have enjoyed it in the past. So if you don't have a car and need a place that is situated near a beach and a shopping center, this place is an option. But if you have a way to get around I would suggest going somewhere else, at least until they get new management and make some improvements.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an ocean view if you have a chance. It is only $6 more and is a nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbsfret
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Booked this after reviewing hotels in the area and realized the pickings were slim. Arrived to be pleasantly surprised. It is laid back, well located, and very clean. The room views from back of the hotel oversee the Pacific Ocean--and you can leave the windows open at night (high floor, safe) to hear the crashing waves. Direct access to a black-sand beach. Nice pool. Menu OK, limited, but tasty. Hotel adjacent to stores and restaurants--and a short walk into town along the main busy road (10 mins) to more restaurant options.

Room Tip: Great views at the back
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple