“Best resort ever with fab staff!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arasha Tropical Rainforest Resort & Spa

Arasha Tropical Rainforest Resort & Spa
TUCSON
“Best resort ever with fab staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

it was great fun and very interesting to be IN the rainforest and enjoy the flora and fauna: birds and tarantulas and toucans and orchids and making chocolate and rings out of nuts. The food was great as well!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank kreddenaz

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

We went there for three nights annd two days and our experience was pretty nice! We had a lot of fun and of course we left stress behind. In the Arasha resort are some activities but if you want to have a better experince in the place you should really visit the blue or the green waterfalls. They are nice to see and to arrive there u will have to walk and walk and walk so you will do some exercise which is also very good. The only problem: you will have to pay extra money to get there, it means 15 per person, but its not too much and u will have fun there. Inconclusion, the resort was pretty cool, the food is excellent and there is a lot of ffood at all times so dont worry about it. Rooms are clean and the staff is frineldy. We really liked the place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank andreacmt
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

Arasha is a very beautiful natural resort which offers a lot of nature with spectacular view, wonderful flora as well as fauna. Kept my attention the big number of birds that I found in such a small area. They have very attractive colours that camouflage so well with the nature especially with the bright colours of the flowers.
I found a lot of activities while I was here and I was busy most of the time. I enjoyed very much the warm water on the pool surrounded by wonderful flora and the sound of the water on the cascade.
This experience made me feel in the middle of the forest. I have to say the walks inside the resort are well planned and I congratulate this resort to keep the nature.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SebastianNewYork
España
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

I agree completely with the person who wrote about the overwhelming smell of damp, my room also had it and it was very strong. This place was expensive for what they offered, nothing really great. I talked to other people that stayed in othe lodges around (I dont remember the names now) and all seemed more satisfied than me and my friends. I would recommend to go somewhere else if you are not looking for a pool and a karaoke.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank caminantemundial
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2008

People need to clearly understand what Arasha is all about before booking it. I've inspected 10 lodges in the Mindo area (I worked for a tour operator) - this is, in my opinion, the worst of them all.

It's a "resort". There's a karoke bar. And a disco. Plus a swimming pool with noisy kids. This is not what a rainforest lodge is about. If you're a family that would like a gentle introduction to the rainforest, it might be suitable - for anyone else I'd recommend you avoid the place.

Arasha is, without doubt, the tackiest rainforest lodge that I have ever been to. Having visited 10 other lodges in the area, I was so, so upset to end up staying here. The experience is just so artificial and fake. It's really, really tacky. The resort is aimed at Ecuadorean tourists, and Westerners that have never been to the rainforest and want to visit somewhere after the Galapagos. If you've been to any other rainforest or jungle lodge anywhere, you'll be completely disappointed.

For families with young children - this is a potential option if you're unadventurous. For anyone else, avoid Arasha.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — How tacky and artificial the contrived rainforest experience was
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank traveller951london

Travellers are raving about these Pedro Vicente Maldonado hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2008

I was due to stay here for 2 nights with my husband. I booked months in advance following reassurance that our vegetarian food requirements would be met. Initially I was very pleased, they wanted to know the sorts of things we did and didn´t like etc.
Upon arrival we were shown to our room which had an overwhelming smell of damp. Following this we went for lunch, we were given the veggie menu, which contained 5 things (nothing specifically for us as we were led to believe). The evening meal was from the same menu and the quality of the food was not that of a ´chef´´.
We complained to the manager, he spoke little english and offered to allow us to leave the following day but pay for both nights, much hand wringing later and my production of a copy of the email from the overall manager re food, and we escaped, paying for 1 night only. Although we had to pay for a taxi back to quito ($60) which had been included initially.
I wouldn´t advise anyone to go here unless you like paying a lot for crap.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — The smell of damp
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank HelenDonaghy
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

This tropical paradise is more than a rainforest, which I went looking for. First of all; resort in the name is well applied....nothing is left for the guest to worry about since so many details are included...umbrellas everywhere; full room comforts (including portable air conditioners if wanted); lighting on all walkways without interfering with nature; a pool of natural falls....really; and then the unlimitied staff service everywhere...computer friendly; attention non stop. I wonder if it was low season as I was so pampered by the family of workers. ok; the food- well; i thought i was in a 5star big city competetive restaurant...and i hope the steak supplier never goes away. well, i neglected the activities which come with it - free and ongoing. Don't forget SPA in the equation...who thought of alllllll this? I cannot wait to return. FYI- it is soooo relaxing; put it on the end of any other trip to re enter reality. lbixby

• Liked — Feeling like you are in nature with full room services.
  • Disliked — ?
#3 of 5 in San Miguel de los Bancos
Kashama Eco Resort and Spa
Kashama Eco Resort and Spa
#1 of 5 in Santo Domingo

Been to Arasha Tropical Rainforest Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!