“Great people Ann's good food.”

The Spinnaker Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Dunmore East
Price range: US$9 - US$36
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great people Ann's good food.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to Ireland. My first experience in ireland was so good I went back. The first time I went to Ireland, I went by myself. I was home sick and missed my children. The staff at the spinnaker made me feel welcome and at home. Ive met some great people. Aside from the warm welcome the food was was great. The atmosphere was warm and something I dont find at home. Prices wise, I found to be reasonable. I would recommend this establishment.

Dublin, Ireland
“Blaring music pub. Don't pay to stay anywhere close by!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I rented a holiday home for my family close by this pub. It was an absolute nightmare. It seems there are live bands playing outside the rear of this pub on a regular basis which blares music out over a good part of Lower Dunmore East. We could hear the live music/words clearly in every room of the house we stayed in. After that finished at 12.30am there was blaring music from the DJ in the bar, from 1am onwards. And so we put up with the thump, thump of that for the next few hours. Result .... unhelpful bar staff when complaining about noise .... upset kids .... stressful holiday. If you are looking for a nice peaceful family break don't stay anywhere near this pub. They certainly weren't getting my business after that racket so we never experienced the food! Shame.

• Visited May 2014
Nialled, Owner at The Spinnaker Cafe Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
HI , thank you for your review:

However your experience of the spinnaker is that of an external one, you did not visit the spinnaker internally, your review should have not even been published, as its not a true reflection of the spinnaker...........please see previous reviews.

But now that it is: the night in question was a bank holiday weekend, and the music came from a fund- raising night in aid of our local Church, allot of locals living and staying within the village would have been in attendance and they all enjoyed the night. We raised allot of money towards the repair of our Church.

The barman in question was more than polite to you.
The music in fact was turned down twice to try and apiece you.
I was on duty that night and I observed the interaction between you both.

we have regular music, through the summer season, as you would find in must tourist destinations, maybe the winter time might suit you better.

The spinnaker is know for good food & fun times.........the essence of an decent pub.

Should you return to Dunmore East , we have a holiday cottage that I would be delighted to rent to you, at a reduced rate to make up for any inconvenience caused, its located just up from the spinnaker, but far away enough to allow avail of a nights sleep.

My best Regards

Niall
Bremen, Germany
“Great Fish meal”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was my first trip to Ireland and Dunmore East. My fríends took me to the Spinnaker for a meal and I have never had such good fish before. The service was excellent from start to finish and the atmosphere was extremely "gemütlich" as we say in Germany.

• Visited May 2014
Alton, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, great staff! Just slightly disappointing.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Lovely place with a great atmosphere. Good menu with some interesting choices, however disappointingly few seafood options.The black pudding cake starter was delicious! The steak we got may have been just as good, unfortunately it was overcooked (medium not rare as ordered). Overall we had a lovely evening and the staff were very friendly and efficient. May give it a second try.

• Visited April 2014
Waterford Ireland
“Fabulous fresh fish”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Love Love The Spinnaker. Its a great restaurant to just pop into, without a reservation. We often use it for Sunday dinner/lunch which is served throughout the day. Always busy with a lovely atmosphere. Lovely seafood pie, delicious Irish ribs & white sauce, & always a great steak. The deserts are a Must, delicious. In the winter always a big cosy fire is lighting. Lovely coffee too. A must visit if your in Dunmore East.

• Visited March 2014