“Terrible service”

The Three Sisters Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore East
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Was supposed to stay their last Saturday night, when i arrived at reception at 16:45 was left standing their for over 10 minutes before anyone approached me, was then told at that time of day that room was not ready, booked a double, waited another 10 min before given a room and after trying to find it discovered it was triple room and not very clean, i complained but got no where so told them to keep it and left, worse hotel ever stayed in, dirty unappealing, service disgraceful and terrible staff manners, would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank cian6

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here for one night during the Bluegrass Festival. I agree with Claralara54 re. the bad service in the restaurant and the non experience of the staff. I asked for a sandwich and was told no that there was a special menu for the bluegrass weekend which I have to add wasn't very much. A Chipper would have more choice. Side salad came with everything which consisted of green lettus leaves - tasteless. The Bar staff were not very friendly and didn't seem to be be able to handle the busy bar. I also noted that the Bands playing had to buy their own drinks for the night. It's common practice that the band get free drink when they are providing the entertainment and bringing in the crowd! The room we stayed in was we were told a SEA view. Ha Ha all we could see was a bit of the sea out between 2 houses across the street. The room was very basic with one locker, no phone, a window you could not open, and I was shocked to see that the ensuite was filthy. The bath was not clean and looked like it hadn' been cleaned in a long time. It was disgusting! I couldnt wait to get out of there. The seaguls might as well have been in the room with us the horrendus noise they were making from early morning. It was like a scene from Hitchcock's movie the Birds with them flying all round the place outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Non Sea View ....you might get some sleep away from the Seagulls.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MolCork
Reviewed 30 August 2013

While in Dunmore East with a friend for the Bluegrass Festival we decided to have something to eat at the Ocean Hotel. The restaurant was not that busy but it still took fifteen minutes for someone to come over to our table with a menu, there were two very young girls working there and they seemed not to have much experence on waiting on tables, we got to order our food after twenty minutes and we also ordered wine, forty minutes went by and i could see our wine sitting on the counter but still no sign of it, after one hour we were told our order never went into the kitchen so when asked to see a manager he asked what was the problem and told us that they were very busy and could not get staff and he walked away from me, i was very annoyed at his attitude more so that the bad service, i will never be going back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank claralara54
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I had expected more from a recently refurbished hotel and the friendly welcome we received gave me hope that I had chosen well. However the bedroom brought me down to earth with a thud. A very simple room with no hair dryer, no phone and a broken TV. The paint work was poor and the cabling untidy and loose. We had a triple room which had only one socket making it a challenge to keep our phones and iPads charged ! Not a very 21st century refurb.
However, the beds were clean and very comfy, our breakfast was excellent and the hotel is in a superb location. A little more investment in styling the bedrooms would make this a really nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I Stayed here with a group of 10 in June, we really enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were well priced and the food was good. What stuck out for me most was the high level of customer service we received. The manager of the hotel was so helpful, friendly and welcoming that I would highly recommend staying in the Ocean Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is an average hotel overall located centrally in the small village of Dunmore East.

The bar/restaurant part of the hotel is modern seems to have been recently refurbished. I ate one meal in the restuarant and the food was good and the portions were generous.

My room, however, was pretty basic and as one other reviewer noted a bit like a hostel. The furnishings and decor were basic. The shower was tiny. My only real gripe with the room however was that the bathroom wasn't particularly clean. The floor needed to be swept and cleaned while the bath mat had an off putting stain on it. Whether the rooms are basic in style or not, it is not acceptable for the accomodation not to be properly cleaned.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stranger10
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This Hotel should have it's own TA page as it is recently reopened after full refurbishment as is nothing like the old reviews. Firstly the staff were very friendly and well trained, the bedrooms were completely new (bed, carpets, curtains....), the breakfast was first class (granola or good choice). The water pressure could have been better, but I'm sure this is work in progress. It was very well priced and situated in the centre of the village and walking distance to all amenities. Would not look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
O'Shea's Hotel
O'Shea's Hotel
#2 of 4 in Tramore
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to The Three Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!