“Quirky Sea Town Gem”

and 1 more site!
The Strand Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Dunmore East B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The first stay was in June 2012 when there was a massive gale and waves crashing over the seawall into the windows of the restaurant. There are multiple dining and drinking options, very friendly staff, and great food. I have booked my second stay there for June 2014 and can't wait to share this place with more of my family.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gary B

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed here last Saturday night with my husband and 1 year old. When checking in we were told they were putting us in a room at the back of the hotel as there was a dj playing that night in the bar and we wouldn't here it at the back. On the contrary as the loud music went on until 1.30am and we could here it loud and clear! When I called to book they could have advised of the disco as I mentioned my 1year old. I have no complaints about the room and the food was average. I would not recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TippGirl1
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I cannot say enough about this hotel, it's truly wonderful. The staff and owners are so friendly and welcoming, the food was fabulous. We had the most beautiful room in the hotel with a sea view and there was a separate space in the room for our teenage daughter to sleep in. The view was stunning, the village itself is picturesque. We hope to visit this hidden gem again during the summer

Room Tip: We stayed in room 17, great for older children
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful night away. Very friendly and helpful staff. Food excellent and we had a beautiful room overlooking the sea. Even after a hard time after the recent storms The Strand Inn were so welcoming and friendly. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank maisey23
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Recently has my hen weekend in The Strand Inn. I really, really enjoyed it. The staff were lovely and very accomodating. We stayed in the bar late on both nights and they never rushed us. The food was fabulous. The atmosphere was very relaxed. I think everyone on the hen will be returning at some stage!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Heard the strand was open for food when the whole village was in darkness. The server said the chef was using gas and candlelight.well fair ball to him, had the monkfish, lovely and my partner had the sea bass. We,all be back again , keep up the good cooking

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spurry62
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I visited Dunmore East last Tuesday with my mother. And even though the weather was miserable we were pleased to see a lovely open fire when we landed into The Strand. The bar was quite busy but we got a great seat in a little alcove that looked directly at Hook lighthouse. The alcove was a little bit colder that the rest of the bar but not too uncomfortable.
The menu looked lovely and we were looked after immediately.
My mother chose the quiche, I chose mussels and a mackarel pate.
The food came out in good time and was served hot. The quiche was lovely but unfortunately the mussels were like powder as they had been over cooked - by at least 10 minutes judging by the texture. It was such a shame as there was a great portion served as a starter but they were inedible. My pate was very tasty. The service was excellent, everyone was so lovely. My mother then chose the cheesecake, while I don't eat desserts I will always have a taste, the consistency was very grainy and it did not have a distinctive flavour.
The meal was not cheap so I would have expected all elements to be perfect. This was January, does the food slip in high season?
I will return as I would like to give them another chance but I won't be rushing back. I have to add again, the staff were really lovely.

Stayed: January 2014