“A Hotel that lives up to its name :" Haven".” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haven Hotel Dunmore East

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dunmore East
Haven Hotel Dunmore East
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore East
cork
“A Hotel that lives up to its name :" Haven".”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

From the moment we stepped inside the door we knew this would be special, that we would be looked after, that we were welcome. The building is full of character; the atmosphere is cosy and relaxed. The young man at reception was efficient, but in a warm, good-humoured way. Our room was ready early and had a stunning view across to Hook Head over in Co. wexford. It was comfortable and old fashioned yet had everything we needed. As part of a wedding group we could not have asked for more. Breakfast was warm and wonderful, children were welcome and looked after in every way. We stayed two nights and our only regret was that we had to leave. The staff ...well you could not ask for better. They were attentive and exceptionally good fun. I can't speak highly enough of The Haven. It is, of course located in the centre of the wonderful fishing village, a major attraction in itselt with magical walks, beach, harbour, golf course and scenery. there is a great playground just across the road from the hotel and a park and an incredible water sports centre and ....it just goes on. You'll hate leaving the Haven and Dunmore East.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea are simply wonderful
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank nomadCork
heavenDunmoreEast, Manager at Haven Hotel Dunmore East, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi, thank you for your recent review. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us at The Haven! We love to hear that our guests feel welcome and appreciated whilst with us. We will pass on all your lovely compliments to our staff! We hope to see you again soon. Kinds regards, Paul Kelly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Family run hotel with the friendliest staff you see seldom these days. Smiles from beginning to end. Nothing is too much. Irelands hospitality at its best. Home from home. The owners and staff really care, and it shows. The food is delicious, fresh and if you need something thats not on the menu ...... they will do their best to get it for you. The rooms are full of fantastic character which lends itself to the beautiful views and timeless aura of the hotel. The stress rolls off you once you enter this gem. This is my new holiday break destination for sure.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michelle C
Hi Michelle, thank you for your very positive review on your recent visit to the Haven! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We aim to make your stay as carefree and easygoing as we can and we are glad that we fulfilled our aim. Hope to see you very soon again at The Haven! Kinds regards, Paul Kelly.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic best place to go I love all the waiters and waitresses I love the way the bar is set up with everything on top of the bar I really love this place so I will give it a . From the girl in the pink jumper.i really miss it when I go there I have so much fun

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Cartoonishlollol
Hi there, thank you for your review! We are really happy you enjoyed your visit to the Haven and we hope you come again soon! Kind regards, Paul Kelly.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

i always return to the haven at least once ayear, the kelly family who run the hotel have become personal friends, but this is not unusual i have spoken to many people who have stated at the hotel and they all feel the same.spent a week at the hotel in may while playing in the dunmore east golf classic and as usual can not fault the hotel as to food,service and entertainment. i will return

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brian J
Hi there, thank you for your recent review! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with at The Haven. We aim to make all our guests feel welcome and comfortable in the hotel! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, Paul Kelly.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I am a singer here in Ireland and was asked by a promoter to do a show in the Haven hotel in Waterford.

I arrived at 6pm in the evening and instantly I got a warm feeling for the place with great life in the bar, the restaurant was full of people and the staff were very busy.

I introduced myself and was instantly shown to my room which was lovely and comfortable. The staff are so welcoming and helpful in this hotel. It's a family run hotel and by god they do it so, so well.

Before, during and after my gig I was treated so well by customers and staff which they were not under any obligation to to do .... There is a lovely warm, family orientated feel to this place and I will be returning with my wife and 2 kids next time.

I ordered breakfast to my room the following morning and it was beautiful, good fresh food and hot which is a rare thing ....

The location of Dunmore East is one of the most picturesque in Ireland and a sight to behold

As I said before I will most definitely be returning as a normal customer with my wife and kids as I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Ireland and on holidays across the world

But this is a little gem in beautiful surroundings and I thank Paul, Jason and staff for making me so welcome

Ken Kirwan

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank KenKirwan
heavenDunmoreEast, Manager at Haven Hotel Dunmore East, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi Ken, thank you for your recent review! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. You were a pleasure to have. Hope to you again soon! Kind regards, Paul Kelly.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just back from short stay for a family event at Haven Hotel, what an amazing place full of old world charm and character, we were lucky enough to get a room with one of the most breathtaking views I have ever seen. The staff were brilliant so friendly and welcoming, Sharon looked after all our needs and you felt like part of this family that really know how look after their customers. The food is exceptional and after having the beef I can see why they are famous for it, after enjoying the great atmosphere in the bar I looked forward to a good breakfast it didn't disappoint delicious. Just a great place to go and stay I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank j_knight10
heavenDunmoreEast, Manager at Haven Hotel Dunmore East, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hi there, thank you for your recent review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Haven and that the food was of the high quality that we strive to achieve. We will pass on your kind words to Sharon and the team! Hope to see you again soon at The Haven! Kind regards, Paul Kelly.
Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just back from a bit of business in Dunmore east where I stayed at the Haven hotel and what a fantastic spot it is. The view from the room was fantastic overlooking the harbour and it was only a 5-10 minute walk into the main town of Dunmore east.

I had food in the bar of the hotel on the Saturday night that I was there and it was great. Best club sandwich I think that I've ever had and the staff were fantastic aswell. All very bubbly and friendly towards the guests. I'm really looking forward to getting back to the Haven hotel sometime, I just don't know when.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hawk4077
Hi there, thank you for your recent review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at The Haven! We look forward to seeing you again, whenever you may venture our way! Kind regards, Paul Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunmore East
Waterford Marina Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel
#3 of 12 in Waterford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,086 reviews

Been to Haven Hotel Dunmore East? Share your experiences!