The Haven Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Three Sisters Inn(Dunmore East)
US$170
  • Pool
US$387
US$87
US$82
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$140
All reviewskelly familybeefa family run hotelbrilliant foodamazing settingoriginal featuresmelt in the mouthcoastal walkslovely barquaint hotelsea viewchowderfantastic hotelfour poster bedmashwedding venuestaff were lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We stayed in the haven hotel in september for a weekend, this was our second stay, we were there in may with a group of friends and on both occasions had a ball.The view from our room on this stay was breathtaking, We found the staff really friendly and welcoming and the craic in the bar was brilliant. the food was excellent in the bar and in the dinning room, a great place for a romantic weekend or with a bunch of friends

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I stayed in Dunmore East for a week at the end of August, At the time the Bluegrass festival was on (highly recommend) which is by far the busiest weekend of the year in Dunmore. On the Sunday afternoon I brought my father, brother and my 4 year old niece to this 'hotel' for lunch. Unfortunately my fathers meal was cold so I complained to the waitress who then spoke to the chef. The waitress came back somewhat embarrassed and said the chef said there was nothing he could do about that. Obviously not happy and not willing to except that I went to complain. I did speak to someone who said they would speak to the chef. I returned to my table at which point the chef followed me out, accussed me of lying and shouted 'go f**k yourself'. This was on the busiest sunday of the year and there were several other families sitting around us who also heard. My Partner and his family are all from Dunmore East so we have been to The Haven before and know they advertise themselves as a 'family run and family friendly' hotel. My 70 year old father was very upset and my 4 year old niece could not understand why the man was shouting. As it turns out this particularly arrogant man is part of the family who owns the hotel. I would also add the the food is very expensive for the quality and this chef is far from Gordon Ramsey. Never again would I set foot in this place and would not advise anyone else to

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank L_OSullivan
Reviewed 21 June 2010

This charming old property was a family home for its first 100 years. It has apparently been a hotel for the last 50 or so years. It is family run, seemingly with a presence in the bar, the kitchen, front of house etc. And don't they do a good job. The building is past its glorious best, but that doesn't seem to matter as the warm welcome of staff and a real interest in their guests makes you feel special. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the dining room. The family running the hotel have a happy knack of making you feel very much at home. Good advice given about the next days travel plans. Great views across the water.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Have_Bag
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Stayed here a couple of times, i think one time was March last year but im not sure. It was closed for renovations but i stayed here before they closed & then after they reopened and as far as i could see, nothing changed. I actually was given the same room & i remember the room was very cold on the first trip.
Its a timewarp. The rooms are old and damp. The bedclothes were damp on both occasions i stayed here. Really old bathroom also. Absolute "Zero frills" in the room. Basic TV channells. No broadband in the room. Its very basic but good value. Breakfast was good though and the staff friendly.
I wouldnt stay here unless i had to and there aint much better accomodation around this area as far as i know.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank The_Python
Reviewed 8 December 2009

My family & i are regulars at the Haven Hotel during the summer season,we don't stay there as we live only a short distance away but we do drop in for a drink or for food.
There is a lovely relaxed atmosphere & the surroundings are ideal if you have kids,a huge lawn to the front & a kids playground to keep them entertained !
The menu is extensive, reasonably priced & the food is really well presented ! The staff are friendly & efficient.
The Carvery on Sundays is very popular but i think a little overpriced,we prefer to dine there after 6pm when the full menu is on & its a little less busy.
This Hotel has its regular visitors who pop in year in,year out & thats always a good sign.
If you are in Dunmore East,i'd say drop in to the Haven even if its only for a drink,families are always made very welcome & the kids won't be long about making new friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family