“Excellent accommodation great location”

The Ginney Country Guest House & Holiday Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Catterlen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Set close to the motorway yet far enough away to be peaceful I stayed at the Ginney on a recent business trip. The barn conversion has been done to very high standards and is surrounded by lovely views. Linda is very welcoming and defiantly has a great business to be proud of. The rooms have plenty of space and are exactly what I required when on business in the local area. Wi-fi is provided free of charge and available in rooms. The breakfast menu is very good and the quality and quantity was perfect. As the Ginney does not provide evening meals Linda advised on the nearest eateries and offered to book a table at the one we chose. The Guinney is perfect for all occasions from a 1 night business trip to a week exploring the local surroundings. I look forward to staying again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for availability if you like a bath. Some rooms only have a shower
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel-Matt-80

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed over one night as we were driving down from Scotland with the family and wished we had booked extra nights there, very friendly and relaxing atmosphere,my daughters loved it, brilliant clean rooms nothing like waking up to such beautiful surroundings and a lovely cooked breakfast. We will definitely be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I decided to get away for the weekend to celebrate our 1st anniversary. We wanted a reasonably priced quiet get-away where we could enjoy some peace and quiet from our busy lifestyle.

It's rare to experience excellent hospitality these days and I think it's a dying skill. But Linda and Phil went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable so that we felt right at home. The Ginney meet all our requirements and exceeded our expectations.

The guesthouse is just off the M6 and you would think it would be noisy but it was actually very quiet and peaceful - it felt like we were right in the middle of the countryside!

The bedroom was spacious, clean and comfortable. We'd ordered a bottle of champagne and it was in the room chilled and waiting for us!

The breakfast was absolutely delicious, especially the homemade muesli which I'll be attempting to make myself this weekend!

We will definitely be going back to the Ginney and hopefully we'll have a wee longer to enjoy the peace and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariesplanet
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for one night travelling to Glasgow. Excellent location and accommodation and hosts very welcoming. Close to motorway but surprisingly very quiet. We will definitely return and will recommend to friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Date of Stay 21st June 2014
We booked this guest house as a stop over after completeing the National 3 peaks challenge. The rooms are furnised to a very high standard. The welcome and service from the owners was above and beyond an example of this was that on the Sunday morning we turned up for breakfast an hour early (my mix up) but the owners treated it as no problem and provided food for 4 freshly cooked with no fuss and I have to say the breakfast is seriously good.
Although in the countryside it is close enough to Penrith to get a taxi. Also the owners recommended the local pub to us (The Stoneybeck) which was also a great place to eat.
I would stay again in a heart beat and would also recommend to anyone looking for accomodation in the Penrith area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

If this is not the best guest house in the country, then I want to see the best! With bedrooms as luxuriously appointed and spotlessly clean as any 5 star hotel I have stayed in, a breakfast to satisfy even the most demanding and discerning appetite, a venue which is quiet and picturesque and owners who go out of their way to make you feel welcome, there is no way any visitor could fail to be impressed. I have now stayed here on several occasions, both for business visits in the area and for short vacations with my wife, and the standards remain exceptional. Add to all of that, the magnificent Lake District scenery right on the doorstep and the M6 motorway no more than a few hundred yards away for easy accessibility from pretty much anywhere. Think I am exagerating? Try it and see - I promise you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are superb - I have stayed in all of them and I honestly have no preference because...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed on the 21st June. The location was very good being just a short drive from the motorway; although it felt like we were deep in the countryside. The quality and cleanliness of the rooms was excellent; and this was topped by the warm welcome of the owners followed by a superb breakfast. Would whole heartedly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Been to The Ginney Country Guest House & Holiday Cottages? Share your experiences!