The walk from the airport to the hotel is really not bad actually, a bit risky on the short sidewalk (only one person can walk going one way, while others have to step onto the road, who are coming from the other direction), but otherwise pretty straightforward. I had a lot of really heavy luggage, so the walk was longer and tougher being alone, but if you have minimal baggage with you, an average person can make the trek in about 10 minutes or less.
Upon arriving I was blown over with how friendly the receptionist was, very efficient, quick and helpful in answering all of my questions. I was able to book my shuttle bus to the airport for the next day there and then, and the cost was only 5 euro.
The hotel itself is very nice, and the location, as I said before is really ideal if you have an early morning departure or late night arrival.
My room was very nice and comfortable, and also very clean - but I was irritated with a few things that I found lacking in the room, not to mention the bathroom which I will get to in a moment.
The bed was heavenly - a nice big king size - very comfortable and an extra wool blanket at the foot of the bed. There was a nice desk in the room too, but everything was really awkward in terms of finding things. The mini bar was kept hidden in the cabinet; there were NO mirrors other than the one small face mirror in the bathroom; and the TV was really quite small.
The bathroom was the worst part of the room and left me cold, and is the main reason I'm not giving this hotel a perfect score on the review. I believe they must have given me a handicapped room - which I obviously didn't need, and for which I did not ask. There was no floor or door to the shower, so water went everywhere, even when I kept the faucet at a low level. There was a handicapped seat in the shower, which was unnecessary for someone who is not handicapped, and was more just in the way. The toilet flush was on the wall, and it took me a minute to find it. There was absolutely NO counter space in the bathroom to put anything, and in fact the soap dish kept falling on the floor because there just wasn't room on the sink for it. All in all the bathroom was really awkward and uncomfortable and I was really annoyed with it.
The mall is practically (though not technically) connected to the hotel, just thirty seconds from the parking garage of the shopping center - and you can find pretty much anything you're looking for inside there. Whether it be food, clothes or watches...it's a huge mall.
There was a restaurant, gym and sauna in the hotel, though I didn't partake of any of that. The check-out receptionist was also very friendly; and while I didn't have any of the breakfast the next day, what I found really convenient was that they had a small "buffet" with brioche and coffee for guests who had to check-out before their "breakfast" breakfast started.
The shuttle bus left on time, and was very convenient as I had an early morning flight.
All things considered I would recommend the hotel - but I would be wiser in the future to request a room that did not have a handicapped bathroom, and more space in the main room for my computer, or other things like that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For convenience and ease of travel in and around northern Italy, the four-star NH Orio Al Serio stands in a class by itself. The hotel is located a short walk via an underground passageway to Orio al Serio International Airport (also know as Milan Bergamo) and is within three minutes of more than 200 shops, bars and restaurants in the world-famous Orio Center shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., NHHotels and HotelQuickly so you can book your NH Orio al Serio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Orio Al Serio Hotel Orio Al Serio
- Nh Hotels Orio Al Serio
- NH Orio Al Serio Province Of Bergamo