“Great mid price hotel, right in the centre of town”

Posthaus Hotel Residenz
Posthaus Hotel Residenz
Frankfurt, Germany
“Great mid price hotel, right in the centre of town”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Posthaus is a wonderful, family-run, hotel. It's situated right in the centre of town from where it couldn't be easier to reach all the local restaurants and bars. Parking is available in the parking garage right underneath. The rooms are spacious and simple. The restaurant/bar is very nice and serves a wide range of food and drinks. Recommended if you are visiting and want a central location and don't want to pay the over inflated prices of the other hotels in town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TarlCaboto

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Leicestershire
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in February on a business trip. I ended up in an accessible room (I always seem to get these where ever I go, no idea why) which was pretty big. Double bed (with two single duvets - seems to be a German thing), sofa bed, coffee table, TV, armchair, big desk with two more armchairs and then an entire kitchen in a wardrobe - would be seriously useful if you were staying for any length of time. Definitely the first time I've ever had a dishwasher in my room.

Bed was very comfortable, wasn't too noisy with only a pedestrian square outside the window and pretty handy for transport links.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GM12345
Vaduz, Liechtenstein
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Had to stay there for two weeks and to be honest this was the first time in a long long time that I had to sleep in a single bed again and honestly did not like it. The rooms feature a kitchenette which is nice and there is sufficient space but in general the interior feels cheap. The TV is small and an old tube model so forget about hooking up any devices via HDMI. There is sufficient storage room available but the bathroom is quite small. Cleaning is ok but doesn't seem to be overly thorough. Internet is not included and is quite expensive. Breakfast costs extra as well. No gym available. Staff is nice.

There are a couple of nice restaurants around and the brassiere of the hotel has decent food as well.

I would however not go back to this place I don't have to.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TangoWhisky
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 17 December 2011

My wife and I traveled with a friend to Frankfurt and stayed at the Posthaus for the weekend before she went to work at the book fair. She always stays at the Posthaus and now we know why. We were greeted and treated like family and had a spacious room with a small kitchen. We did not need the kitchen because breakfast and dinner at the Posthaus restaurant were so good. Our dinner was the best meal of traditional German food that we had on our trip and breakfast each morning was excellent. Claudius, the innkeeper, is also the barkeeper and his bar had the best selection of German beer and wine of our trip. Kronberg was incredibly charming and only about 20 minutes by the great German trains from downtown. If we ever return to Frankfurt, we now have a place to stay because Claudius will keep the light on for us.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank George B
Washington, DC
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I traveled to Kronberg to stay with my mother for a week, who visits the town every few months on business. My mother has stayed at Posthaus five times now, and the Posthaus staff extended their familiarity and kindness to her on to me. As my mother was in a large suite, I enjoyed the benefits of a kitchen, an extra bathroom, and two balconies.

I also enjoyed daily breakfast with fresh rolls, fruit, and coffee, and several nights of dinner in the adjoining Brasserie, including one special night, my birthday, in which I was presented with a dessert complete with candles.

The owner, Herr Jess, and his team, run an efficient, comfortable and friendly hotel - located within a short walk to the train station, Opel Zoo, and only 15 minutes outside of Frankfurt. It was a pleasure to stay there, and I hope to return!

• Stayed November 2009
Hotel Koenigshof
Hotel Koenigshof
#4 of 6 in Konigstein im Taunus
Romantik Hotel Schloss Rettershof
Romantik Hotel Schloss Rettersho...
#2 of 6 in Kelkheim (Taunus)
Villa Rothschild Kempinski
Villa Rothschild Kempinski
#2 of 6 in Konigstein im Taunus

Been to Posthaus Hotel Residenz? Share your experiences!