“Super impressed with this tranquil gem”

Schlosshotel Kronberg
London, United Kingdom
“Super impressed with this tranquil gem”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

As everyone has said, this place is fabulous. But as a business person staying for only one night (Wah!), let me point out a couple key things: electrical outlets EVERYWHERE including next to bed and in bathroom, mean I can plug in all my devices with ease. The view overlooking my room is a respite from all my travel and I immediately opened the windows to listen to the birds sing. Lastly, the minibar is stocked with key drinks (soda, beer, water) and is FREE! Bed very comfy and free wifi. I wish I didn't have to check out tomorrow.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear michelle r,
Reading your outstanding feedback on Tripadvisor describing your impressions regards to your stay in the Schlosshotel Kronberg is the highest praise you can give us. It is our utmost concern to make our guests feel comfortable during their stay in our castle. From your feedback I understand that we fully achieved our goal what makes me very happy. Thank you again very much for your stay in Kronberg and your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Dallas
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Being an avid golfer, I searched on the internet for a golf course close to Frankfurt. This beautiful castle, built by the daughter of Queen Victoria of England, has been made into a 5 star hotel. I travel a lot, and this was one of the nicest stays that I have ever had. The service was impeccable!! I was also able to play at the private club attached to the hotel. It was amazingly beautiful. The grounds are filled with flowers. I was able to play with some members and had a wonderful time. Then I had dinner at the hotel restaurant, and both the service and the food was top notch. I felt like I was a Queen. The room is decorated with portraits of the original family's royal relatives. I walked around the castle to see other amazing artwork as well.
My room was also very elegant and the staff gave me fruit and the mini bar was complimentary. Everything was amazing!!!

Room Tip: Join Small Luxury hotels , you will get a free upgrade if it is available at checkin.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear tryall856,
I am very delighted reading your wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you very much for taken the time and sharing your impressions concerning your stay in Kronberg with us. Your feedback shows me that you totally enjoyed your stay and had a recreative downtime from your daily routine.
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We visited Schloss hotel from the 22nd till the 27th of April 2014. We were two couples an we had been overwhelmed with the atposphere, and the beautiful resort. But the thing that we loved the most was the staff treatment and service especially the front office manager Randy Hitti who filled his duty with loyalty and kindness. We had already been at superior hotels but not all of them had Randy's skills and presence. We highly recommend this hotel.

The Diab Brothers

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Diabadnan,
I would like to thank you very much for your kindly comment regards to your recent stay at our Schlosshotel Kronberg and especially for your wonderful words in regards to our staff. It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you in Kronberg and to give you the service you expected from a superior hotel. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in Kronberg.
Gross-Gerau, Germany
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed for two nights in a grand park suite. Room check into was new, refurnished and wonderful but not the old glamour I was expecting . Reception showed me two alternative rooms and Wow !!! Lived like a princess ! Service throughout the hotel was outstanding . Hotel tour was great and well worth it, as the house is full of history . Restaurant food was of a high standard , service the same and the room was stunning. I can not recommend the hotel more! We will return !

• Stayed April 2014
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Wynlea,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on your recent stay at the Schlosshotel Kronberg. I am very happy that you enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the service and quality of our hotel. Changing the room from a new refurbished one to a traditional suite shows that there are different sympathies of our guests which we always try to fulfill with the difference and uniqueness of our guest rooms. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in our Schlosshotel and are more than happy in assisting you in any further wishes.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Lovely place. Arrived late morning and was able to check in. Definitely worth the drive back and forth from downtown Frankfurt. Charming hotel with dedicated staff. The updated rooms are very comfortable. Dinner at the castle restaurant was delicious and breakfast was more than plentiful. We walked around the hotel grounds/golf course and it was very relaxing. We spent a couple of hours just looking at all the paintings hanging from the wall of the hotel. Only 30 minutes away from downtown Frankfurt, this is a great alternative for those who don't mind the short drive.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Enjoys_Relaxing
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Enjoys_Relaxing,
I am very impressed reading your wonderful words regards to your recent stay at our Schlosshotel Kronberg and I would like to thank you very much for spending your time for this.
For a further stay in our house, I would like to recommend our guided tours through our castle, during which our historian will give you insights in the history and will show you the castle and its antiques.
Porto Alegre
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We got married in october 19th 2013 in Scholosshotel Kronberg.
The event was absolutely perfect!
We were impressed with the care and attention with us and with ours guests, and with the perfect organization of the event.
The castle is even more beautiful and impressive than it appears in the photos.
We dont have words to thank to the schlosshotel and to express our satisfaction and gratitude for the people who organized our wedding.

Caroline and Henrique

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Caroline and Henrique,
Thank you so much for taken the time and sharing your wonderful feedback regards to your wedding in October 2013 with us on tripadvisor.
It was a great pleasure for us to organize your wedding for you and welcome you and your guests to our Schlosshotel.
We hope to see you soon again in Kronberg and will be more than happy to assist you in any further wishes.
La Porte, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This stay was the last day of our 2 week European vacation, and it did not disappoint. Germany was beautiful and the Schloss Hotel was a perfect ending to a wonderful trip. The castle, the gounds, the park, the rooms, the food, were all impeccable. We went all out on our last night/day and enjoyed a wonderful dinner and fabulous breakfast buffet. The food and wine were great. We were treated like royalty from the time we drove up until we left the next day. It was a bit pricey but worth it for a once in a lifetime event. No regrets.

Room Tip: We got an very nice upgrade upon checking in, not sure why. Maybe because I made dinner reservation...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sherry M,
I am very thankful for your outstanding compliments concerning your recent stay at our Schlosshotel Kronberg. We feel very proud that you have chosen the Schlosshotel for your last nights in Germany and you wholly enjoyed your stay in Kronberg.
Especially for your wonderful words regards to the food and wine we would like to thank you very much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kronberg im Taunus
Roomers
#13 of 268 in Frankfurt
Falkenstein Grand Kempinski
#1 of 6 in Konigstein im Taunus

Been to Schlosshotel Kronberg? Share your experiences!