“Beautiful and Exquisite!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Schlosshotel Kronberg
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Beautiful and Exquisite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a wonderful experience to stay here for one night. The grounds were truly beautiful, and the room was a very high standard. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. The breakfast buffet was outstanding! The best honey we ever tasted, dripping from the comb. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Trek77,
Thank you very much for being our guest in Kronberg and given us such a wonderful feedback. Your comment shows that you fully enjoyed your stay in Kronberg. If you decide to visit us again in the Schlosshotel, we would be more than happy to assist you in any further questions or wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This fantastic 60 room hotel was the residence of the Wilhelm I mother.
We stayed in a newly renovated room, which up to date with all the modern amenities, but still did not loose any of the original charm or history. I would highly recommend a renovated room.
The fantastic breakfast was served in one of the royal dinning rooms.
This hotel is full of History and charm. It is presently owned and operated by a prince of the house of Hesse.
The location of the hotel is a bit about of town from Frankfurt and about a 20 minute drive to town or the Airport depending on traffic. I love the location up on a hill in a beautiful park like setting. For golfers there is a course right on the property.
The hotel has several Mercedez S class sedans that one can hire for airport pick up or a ride into town.
I will stay here again on our next trip to the Frankfurt area.

Room Tip: Pick a newly renovated room. I prefer a deluxe room +
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 2far,
Thank you very much given us the pleasure to welcome you in our Schlosshotel Kronberg. Raving about the history we hope you had the chance to follow a guided historical tour through the castle during which the history will be told and some of the rooms of the empress will be shown. We would highly recommend this tour for your next stay in Kronberg.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights for a family member's wedding in June 2014. Every aspect of this hotel was fantastic. The grounds were exquisite. Our party occupied 10-15 of the rooms and each one was unique in a good way. The bathroom in ours was down some stairs which was a bit worrisome for the nights when I had too much to drink, but I didn't fall once. Success!

The cigar bar was a blast and was a true social spot for those of us who like to imbibe a bit. I am sure it varies depending on who is staying at the hotel, but the bar was just a huge melting pot of people who by the end of the night were good friends. We had the buffet once and it was ample. Just about anything you would want is supplied. Good location. Beautiful park good for running right across the way. Town is a 10-15min walk down the road.

Unrelated to the hotel review itself, but one of the nights we were there there was some ambassador's kid getting married. There were Tag Heuer sponsored McLaren's around the reception area along with a vodka fountain. If they could just make one of those with bourbon for my house.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear ecole421,
It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you to our Schlosshotel Kronberg. I would like to thank you very much for given us a feedback on tripadvisor and sharing your impressions regards to your stay. Reading your feedback shows me that you fully enjoyed your stay in Kronberg what makes me very happy. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again to our Schlosshotel.
Byblos, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I chose the Schlosshotel Kronberg due to a recommendation of a business partner who has stayed here before. After a few moments I could was sure that I would not regret my choice.The resort is pretty well-kept. Service was very attentive and polite. Reception staff make you feel comfortable and you can notice that everyone works with passion for detail. Moreover, Al-Hayat newspaper has been placed together with fresh fruits on my desk. Little sweets on my pillow during evening service. Small attentions which every guest values .
In Conclusion, i will be back again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear lebanesemm m,
I would like to thank you very much for staying with us here in the Schlosshotel Kronberg and that you decided to stay here due to a recommendation. It is a great pleasure to read your wonderful feedback here on Tripadvisor and I would like to thank you for this. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you for a further stay with us.
Durrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was an overnight business stay. This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed in over the past 20 years of business travel and that includes 5* star hotels in the UAE, Asia and the USA. From the moment I arrived and the concierge took my bag to the moment I left where he took it to the waiting car was excellent. The receptionist greeted me by name (perhaps I was the last person to arrive that day?) and checking in was easy. The concierge took me to my room and placed my case on a stand in the hallway, an area with steps rising to a door that led into the main room.
The room was very big and decorated in traditional colour and had all that a business person could wish for. A huge queen size bed with 2 single quilts. Slippers were laid out by the side of the bed for use as was a complimentary chocolate on the pillow. There was a work desk with phone and desk lamp with adjacent electric and USB sockets. Underneath this desk was a complimentary minibar that contained local beer, cola, water and carbonated drink. The bedside cabinets both had complimentary Perrier water and a small box of monogrammed tissues. Electric sockets were available here too.
In the main room was a dresser and glass fronted 3 door wardrobe which lit when the main door was opened. This unit also contained a safe, laundry information, a shoe box, plenty of hangers, a lovely cardboard monogrammed bag and even an umbrella.
In the far corner was a raised area which contained a large sofa, octagonal table and the large TV - probably 42". There are so many channels - 1,105 - yes, one thousand one hundred and five!!! Of course, there are repeated programs and some are scrambled but what a huge selection. Whilst most were in German there were plenty of news channels and some dubbed programs plus lots of radio channels. The TV swivelled enough to be able to see in bed and from the sofa - some 180°.
NB - a note to parents with younger children (over 8 or 9 years old probably) - some channels are adult and probably not the sort of channel that you would want your child to come across.

The bathroom was ample with a toilet separated by a door for privacy. There is a great overhead shower, a hand held shower and the bath all operated by separate taps on the wall. The towels were large, thick and very absorbent. There is a large mirror for makeup/.shaving and all of the vanity extras that you could wish for. This hotel uses Molton Brown toiletries - very nice. There is also a heated towel rail, a radio mounted in the wall with 2 channels and robes with more slippers for guests.

I ordered room service which arrived promptly and was nice and hot. Everything on the tray was well presented and although the menu is limited it will cater for all tastes. When I called for the tray to be taken someone was at the door within 5 minutes. Breakfast in the room was equally good and arrived exactly on the time that I requested.

You can request a complimentary shoe cleaning service by leaving your shoes outside your door at night and they will be returned cleaned and polished in the morning. I suspect this is probably great news for the golfers that frequent this hotel as there is a golf course in the grounds.

The air conditioning was extremely quiet and very efficient and all windows opened fully.

There were some not so good things that I also need to bring up.
1) There was no sugar for my tea on the breakfast tray.
2) The shower temperature did fluctuate in the morning
3) Check out was a bit slow

These are annoying and items 1 & 3 are easily fixed I think.

Everything was extremely good for an overnight stay and I would happily stay a week or more here. Wi-Fi was free and stable. The grounds are amazing and the staff are absolutely excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Merlin_de_Manaus,
Reading your wonderful feedback regards to your recent stay at our Schlosshotel Kronberg makes me very happy. I would like to thank you so much for taken the time to give us such a detailed overview. Nevertheless I have noticed your few complaints at the end for which I am very thankful you also told us. Please be assured that we have already spoken to the whole team to avoid those situations in the future. The whole team of the Schlosshotel is very much looking forward to seeing you again in Kronberg.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

As part of our "castle" tour with the kids we spent one night at the Schlosshotel Kronberg. The hotel is extremely well kept and definitely deserve the 5 star rating from a luxury hotel aspect.

We were traveling with small kids and although the hotel is more suites for business and adult travelers the staff did an exceptional job making our children feel welcomed.

We wandered the beautiful gardens, greeted by the staff with a special surprise present for the kids and the room was beautiful. Breakfast could meet any palate. Eggs were not part of the buffet but the Maître D quickly offered eggs any style and provided scrambled eggs for our little ones quite quickly.

Service was exceptional.

Quick and easy drive to Frankfurt airport in the morning. Much better experience than the typical airport hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kellee W
FranzZimmermann, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Kellee W,
Welcoming you and your two little kids in our Schlosshotel Kronberg was a great pleasure for me and my whole team. To see that the two kids enjoy living in a castle and feeling like a princess made us very happy. Now reading your wonderful feedback here on tripadvisor shows me that you as parents as well enjoyed the stay in Kronberg. Thank you very much for given us this feedback. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in Kronberg.
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Looking over the other reviews for this place, it's a very mixed bag.
We stayed only one night pending departure at the Frankfurt airport the next day. We had a car which is indispensible to reach a place like this so far out of town.
But for us it was worth the drive. The place itself is fantastic, like several say: huge "wow" factor. Enormous castle built for ex-Empress Viktoria, daughter of Queen Victoria and mother of Kaiser Wilhelm II. We got a refurbished room in a tower which was nifty: well decorated and charming.
We found the service friendly and accomodating. We did not have dinner at the hotel but breakfast the next morning was great.
We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: My understanding from staff is the refurbished rooms are much more up to date and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank K B
Dear K B,
It was a great pleasure to welcome you to our Schlosshotel Kronberg. I would like to thank you very much for taken your time and given us such a friendly feedback. We are very much looking forward to seeing you again in Kronberg; this time possibly for a longer stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kronberg im Taunus
Hotel Schloss Reinhartshausen
#3 of 8 in Eltville am Rhein
Altstadt
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to Schlosshotel Kronberg? Share your experiences!