It's a bit in the middle of nowhere, but you can be in the centre of Bilbao within a quarter of an hour, a town that has everything on offer a toursit might be looking for: museums, shops, plenty of places for eating out, some nice parks, wide boulevards.
Hotel itself is well equipped. Nice big rooms; bathrooms a little retro, but fine; great breakfast; good (but a little pricey) restaurant for an evening meal; nice (and not too pricey) bar plus outside seating; friendly and helpful staff.
All in all a good base from which to visit the Basque country. Within an hour's drive you can get to San Sebastian (even better than Bilbao imho), Vitoria Gesteiz (older than Bilbao) and even the Rioja wine district. Toll roads are a bit of a downer, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palacio Urtoiti is a boutique hotel with golf, near the airport and to the center of Bilbao. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mirai, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Palacio Urgoiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacio Urgoiti Bilbao
- Palacio Urgoiti Hotel Bilbao
- Hotel Palacio Urgoiti Spain/Mungia