“Wonderful Day With Nacho”
Review of Tours In Tenerife - CLOSED

Tours In Tenerife
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours in Tenerife provides high quality private Taxi tours and excursions for you, your family or group. Get picked up directly at your hotel with no waiting time and stop when and where you like. See the major sites including all the hidden "gems" you could miss on a bus tour. Learn about the native Tenerife with your own private guide as you stop by amazing natural treasures with absolutely stunning and breathtaking views.
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were on the Celebrity Equinox and stopped in Tenerife on Dec 1, 2013. Nacho met us at the dock and took us on a full day tour. The price was very reasonable and Nacho had one of his employees driving so we got first hand information cuz he was sitting right with us in the back of the van. There was 8 of us and there was plenty of room in the van. He took us to quite a few different interesting places. Our highlight of the day was when we stopped at a small winery and outdoor restaurant. We had a great dinner and mucho wine. That was very reasonable also. He spoke perfect english and was very knowledgeable of the entire island. I would highly recommend Nacho. I do not think you could beat the tour for price or pleasure of touring with Nacho. I highly recommend this tour company.

grandpabobbylew@aol.com

1  Thank grandpabobbylew
Jes J, Gerente at Tours In Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

to share your experience with us,
with other travelers.
I`m glad you enjoyed the tour and lunch

Saluds

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Booking with Tours in Tenerife was very easy. Nacho responded quickly and offered great advice about things to see on our first visit to Tenerife. We (two of us) arrived via Holland America Line in December and Nacho met us at the port at the agreed time in a very comfortable mini van. We had a full day of touring beautiful Tenerife and learned a lot about the history and culture of the island. We saw many sights on the island including La Laguna and the amazing, diverse landscape of Teide National Park. One of the highlights was enjoying a delicious authentic island lunch with wine at a quaint outdoor restaurant. Our ship was docked until early the next morning so Nacho recommend some areas for us to explore in Santa Cruz and how to get back to the ship (which was very easy!). Santa Cruz at night was amazing - the markets, the lights, the people!

Nacho is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. He was very open to answering any questions we had and showed us sights of interest. We loved the personalized tour and highly recommend Tours in Tenerife. We hope to visit this beautiful island again - there's lots to explore!

1  Thank MDK4136
Jes J, Gerente at Tours In Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you very much for you kind words.
I`m so happy that you enjoyed the tour
Of course your welcome to visit my Island who is yours also.
Thanks so much for the fotos.
Saluds

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was our first time the four of us (ages 63, 63, 66, 74) had visited Tenerife. We arrived on the RCL Legends of the Sea in early November, 2013 - like the previous reviewer we had origianlly booked the Top 3 job tour with Jes and took his recommendation to allow Nacho to take over our tour booking. We were very glad we did. Nacho picked us up at the pier in a very comfortable minivan and showed us the entire island - effortlessly managing the narrow mountain roads where the tour buses couldn't go. Tenerife had a variety of landscapes - ranging from tropical to pine forests to barren wasteland and volcanoes. We do not understand why the earlier reviewer stated that "the courier didn't want to help" - this was not our experience at all! In order to utiliize the viewing area stops to their fullest, it is necessary to walk over some uneven ground, but Nacho was always there to help whenever we found it necessary. Two of our party do have mobility problems and they had no difficulties. Nacho was a wealth of information about the island and about the history of the immigration of Canary Islanders. We were able to eat at the restaurant he recommended in Masca and we really enjoyed trying the local specialties and the local red wine. Our adventurous eaters tried the local vegetable soup, an appetizer of fried goat cheese, a local main dish that featured goat meat and home made cactus ice cream for dessert. Everything was delicious. But Nacho made sure that our less adventurous eaters were accomodated with a hearty chicken soup and cheese sandwiches. When we asked about shopping, Nacho took us to a wonderful restored 16th century home that has been converted to house multiple shops that specialize in local products. He explained that whether or not we bought anything it was an opportunity to see the restored house which was quite interesting.. We got to sample Ron Miel La Indiana Honey and Rum - an absolutely delicious liquor that is made in the Canary Islands. Nacho told us that it is unavailable anywhere else. We bought some to take home - a unique momento of a wonderful day. We would highly recommend taking this tour with Nacho!
Mariam, Walt, Sandy, & Carole

3  Thank SnowballVacationer
Jes J, Gerente at Tours In Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Marion,Walt,Sandy& Carole
Thank you so much for your kind words
I'm really happy that you enjoyed the lunch,
I always try that my customers have some local food.
Help persons with mobility problems an older persons is a something that I do with pleasure.
saluds
from your second home

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We originally booked with Jes, and when he couldn't do it, Nacho took over for him. I'm so glad he did. There were 6 of us visiting Tenerife on Celebrity Eclipse, my husband and me (from NY), a woman and her mother from Canada, and another couple from NY. The Canadian women were both oldest and youngest on the trip, with the rest of us ranging from 68-72 I think. We had booked the Top 3 Job, to include Tiede, Garachico, and Masca. Nacho added La Laguna, and I'm glad he did. Nacho was disappointed in Masca, because it was a bank holiday and the restaurant he had chosen was closed. Luckily, he knew of another one, and it was excellent - it had little souvenirs, and delicious Canarian potatoes with saffron sauce and a fried cheese - and of course the wonderful local beer. We had a great tour, and left wanting to return to Tenerife - you can't ask more than that. I highly recommend him, both for his personality and his knowledge.

Jes J, Gerente at Tours In Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

for your kind words and for recommend us.
I´`m really happy that you enjoyed the tour.
Maybe next time we find the restaurant open.
Best wishes and welcome back

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Had the good fortune to spend the day with Ignacio (Nacho) in early October. Traveled with my husband and another couple (aged 55 - 65) and arranged for a private full day tour. Corresponding with Nacho via email was very efficient and he was a wealth of information as to what sights were a must see and what sights were simply tourist traps. Nacho met us promptly at our cruise ship and shared his island with us in a relaxed and friendly manner. We started at Mt. Teide since it was the farthest stop from our ship on our itinerary (doing so also avoided the crowds!) and then slowly meandered through town after town making our way back to the ship. We let Nacho decide the places to visit and we were never disappointed! His recommendation for lunch was spot on and resulted in a delicious meal of local cuisine. We had such a wonderful time and would recommend touring with Nacho to anyone interested in seeing Tenerife through the eyes of a local. Spend the day with Nacho and you will have an absolutely wonderful day on Tenerife.

2  Thank JKJC
Jes J, Gerente at Tours In Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Ignacio Hernandez
(new management)
JKJC
Thank so much for kind words.
It was a pleasure for me to meet nice people like you.
I like the especially the part :
"To see the Island through the eyes of a local"
That is exactly what I pretend with my guests,
and you appreciate it.