The Ritz-Carlton, Abama
Allegro Isora(Playa de la Arena)
US$119
  • Breakfast included
US$376
US$351
Melia.com
US$277
Dragos Del Sur(Puerto de Santiago)
US$61
  • Pool
Ona El Marques(Santiago del Teide)(Great Value!)
US$132
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Las Terrazas de Abama(Guia de Isora)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Bahia Flamingo(Playa de la Arena)
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar(Puerto de Santiago)
2,685 results
All reviewsel miradorkids clubprivate beachthe main hotelgolf buggythe club loungeadult pooljamon jamonvilla roomsone bedroom suiteplaya san juanguest relationswater circuitocean viewhalf boardfamily poolbeautiful resort
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife and two boys, from the time you drive up to the entrance barrier and they say welcome you know you have arrived in a 5* resort. The staff are excellent and the rooms, premises, bars, restaurants immaculate. The pools are great and the private beach excellent. The turn down service is the best I have experienced. From the minute you arrive here to the minute you leave everything is done for you. The food is great especially the restaurant nearest the beach (not the beach bar the one at the top of the cliff). Location is isolated so a car is a good idea.

Room Tip: Book restaurants in advance of travel as they get busy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sean67c
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is so easy to have bad experienced that can colour ones overall review.

Overall I have to say that this was the most exceptional service that I have experienced in any hotel anywhere in the world. There was nothing that was too much trouble. The smallest request was met with extreme helpfulness.

When there were a few errors along the way significant steps were taken by staff to rectify. More that was expected.

The setting of the hotel is breath taking, situated with hillside views of the magnificent sea and horizon. Local village is 5 euros and 5 minutes away via cab.

We were with kids and the Ritz Kidz clubs was exceptional. The staff were so professional with proper activities and the right staff/kid ratio.

The food in the hotel (non fine dining) was good but could do with more flavour - this is subjective! Presentation was excellent. The kids buffet was a bit samey, easily rectified.

However the waiting staff just made our stay so special in their attention and kindness. Daniel in Verona was fantastic when we had a minor issue with a dish and the was a consitently friendly but service driven atmosphere.

Other families were relaxed and friendly adding to our enjoyment.

Only negative of the trip was checkout but I have responded to the hotel via survey on this.

I could not recommend this hotel highly enough and will consider Ritz-Carlton for other trips.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Recommend the family room.
2  Thank swordfishontour
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here with the family in a Villa which was fantastic. From check in to check out the service was superb and the facilities were amazing. We arrived at the end of June so did not experience any of the issues faced by other reviewers here.

The golf course is amazing, although too expensive in my opinion. The tennis courts are also very good.

I will definitely return but I might hire a car next time as it would be good to try out some local restaurants. The restaurants in the hotel were good but expensive and after 10 days you might find yourself looking for more variety.

All in all - great hotel and we were looked after very well indeed.

Room Tip: We went for a Villa which was great. I think the ones near the hotel are better if you have kids, and the ones furthest away might be inconvenient for families if they are next to the adult-only infinity pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in the middle of July. This is our 4th visit in 8 years so we really love abama and on this occasion we had interconnecting rooms with fab view looking out to la Gomera. Overall a great family holiday - service was good but because we had not booked restaurants prior to our visit - we ate in Los Chosos 3 times out of 5 in the evening and most lunchtimes and the menu became very boring particularly for the children. On previous visit we have never had a problem booking the Italian. Whilst we never used the kids club - we did go to the 30 mins evening entertainment which would have been better if longer particularly the childrens disco - every child loves a party!! How about an hour? They had moved the children's swimming pool as I guess is cheaper to heat but most people used the main pool and it was lovely!! The train down to the beach worked really well and if there was no train then golf buggies were used. Golf course was excellent and used 3 times by the family!! Overall another fab experience which I would recommend. Thank you .

Room Tip: Room with a view over the sea is worth the extra.
1  Thank rjie27
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is very frustrating to say the least, a beautiful Resort with so much potential but Service is lacking unfortunately.

We booked a beautiful Superior Suite, stunning balcony , very spacious , great bathroom the only thing that we were let down on was we had two weeks of no air con in our room as the fault could not be fixed from day one unless we packed up again and moved rooms , after a 9 hour delay & a poorly child, this did not seem appealing instead we were stuck in the heat with only noisy fans to cool us down !!!! ( no compensation given at all ) for the money we paid per night I would expect to have working air con in the room ???? Or is that me being to fussy ?

On a good note , the great Ritz Kids Club was great , the football sessions were just what the boys needed to start of there day , Jennifer from the club was exceptional and we were so grateful for how wonderful & caring she was to our Son !!!

The pool area was lovely and great for the kids , but again the service was lacking , in the end I opted for going up to the bar to order my own drinks and food but still endured a long wait for a drink or a quick snack , one day a cheese sandwich took 45 minutes ? I could of made one quicker myself ! There was light at the end of the tunnel which was in the form of a young guy called Aday , he seemed to want to help as much as he possibly could if only all the staff were as keen to impress as he was.

Another annoying factor was the restaurant situation and the inflexibility to change your mind , when I'm on holiday I like to go with the flow but we were restricted on our timings & the restaurants I had precbooked , 2 weeks prior to arriving at the hotel. They were so inflexible that on occasion the only option we had was room service.

I don't want to sound all doom & gloom there were good points , the general feel to the hotel was so homely and comfortable, the beach was charming and the ride on the train to the beach made it all the more exciting for the kids. The intent of the staff was there I'm just not sure the capability was there ?

I so wanted to love this hotel and I still have hope that in the future the service can live up to the Ritz Carlton 5 star reputation.

P.s take a fly swatter you may need it !!!!

I don't want to sound all doom & gloom as on reflection we did have a wonderful holiday as there were so many good points , b

3  Thank LondonJuliet
Abama2, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Abama, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear LondonJuliet,

I want to thank you for taking the time in providing us with your valuable feedback.

Staring with your end phrase I am happy to hear that overall you were still able to have a wonderful holiday but at the same time I see that we fell short on your expectations. For the shortcomings I offer my sincerest apologies and will be using your feedback in order to improve on the service we provide.

It is always great to read that some of our Ladies & Gentlemen were able to positively impact your stay, I will share your comments with them and give them the recognition they deserve.

As the overall holiday was wonderful, I certainly hope that you consider us again for a future visit in order to demonstrate that we are able to provide you with the exceptional service you seek when on holiday.

Kind regards,