“Vacation in Tenerife”

La Quinta Park Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Ursula
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights from January 20, 2014 at La Quinta Park Suites in the north part of Tenerife. The hotel is very pleasant and has a nice outdoor pool and a very nice indoor pool. The staff were pleasant and helpful. There is complimentary wifi but only in the lobby. The suite was very convenient for us since we wanted a kitchen and we were very pleasantly surprised as to how conveniently it was set up. We had a nice balcony with a lovely view as well. The only down point was the mattress. When we lay down, it was as if as we fell into a pit. We somehow managed to sleep only if we didn't move too much. I really recommend that the hotel invests in better mattresses. If they do, I would even love to re-visit with my kids the next time. I would even like to be updated if it's done so that I can recommend the hotel to my clients as I am a travel agent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ephrat E
Dennis G, Director Comercial at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear client,
Thank you for sharing this brief with other users of Tripadvisor. I am really happy to read you could make use of the facilities, the staff was to your pleasantness and the suite was to your liking except to the mattress. Inform you they are change periodically.
All the hotel staff thanks you for staying in la Quinta park Suites and will be pleased on welcoming you back.
Dennis G

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We've been in this hotel a week ago, as a couple.
We paid a little bit extra to have sea view, and when we arrived they sent us on the terraced part with bungallows.It was not too bad though, because the view was stunning.
The apartement was of a decent size, but the furniture was not exactly for a four star hotel. In the bathroom we always had a bad smell and the towels, although they have been changed, did not look very white all the time.
The breakfast offered a lot of alternatives for every tastes, so that was good.
What I definatelly not recommend to try is the Beauty services.
I had the bad inspiration to have my hair done, and I deeply regreted it.
The hairdresser lacked skills and literally damaged my hair. Beside, she had very poor English and she did not understand what I wanted, very embarassing.
At the end, I got to the reception and had a surprise again. I was told that I had to pay 20 Euros extra, because I had some hairstyling, as well on the top?!
When I got back home, I realized why she did that: to cover the mistakes she did in my hair...terrible! ( I took some pictures at my hairdresser when back home).
I got very upset, because I was charged extra at that time and went to discuss with the Manager of Spa, Madame Angeles and I had a bad surprise again.
The lady behaved really rude towards me, saying that my hair looks fine and I had to pay, because that was "an extra service"?! In fact it was something that I did not request it!
I agreed to pay, bad decision again, cause at that time, i did not realize how bad my hair looked like! Basically, I was charged extra for a bad service??!! Ridiculous!
She did not offer any compensations, any explanations! Nothing. They all behaved like I was the one to make this up.
This is not the way you treat your clients in a four star hotel! When you book a holiday like this, you expect to be treated fairly and respectful! Otherwise, it doesn't worth it.
Because of this incident, I will not recommend this hotel again to anyone else.
In a capitalist society where the quality and the respect are the main ingredients to attract and maintain your clients , this hotel will definately loose the batle!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valentina R
Reviewed 24 April 2014

What more do you need from a hotel? Staff are excellent, and always on hand. Nice views from the terraces, and a well designed garden/pool area. Rooms are clean and a decent size.The lobby is large, with lots of room to slob about whilst using the free Wi-Fi. Didn't use the spa personally, but the wife was impressed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Martin T
Dennis G, Director Comercial at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience lived in the Hotel La Quinta Park Suites. I'm glad to know you are satisfied with our service and you ejoyed our facilities.
We hope to be able to welcome you again with us.
Dennis G.

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We have been al over the western world on vacation and business. It has been a long time since we have had so much fun and relaxation. The island is beautiful and the people are so nice and wonderful. At La Quinta Park we received not only a much needed personalized service but most caring and true from the heart care. All of the personnel gave us the best to us making us feel at home. We recommend this place for everybody, any ages. We left with tens of gorgeous and loving smiles that will be with us for ever.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cetobler
Dennis G, Director Comercial at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great Feedback about your stay in our hotel La Quita Park Suites. Its very nice to read you had such a wonderful time with us, your are satidsified with our service, and you felt as you where at home.

Thank you also for recommending us, hope you come back again to Tenerif and it that case it will be a pleasure to seeing you again in our Resort.

Dennis G.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Situated in a very quiet area, with just one good restaurant/bar and small supermarket. Definitely need a car. Free shuttle bus into Puerto de la Cruz, good times in the morning, but afternoon/evening ones came back too early to eat out and get the bus. Very clean throughout and nice pool, with free towels. We were self catering and our only complaint (which I have seen others mention) is that they supply no cooking utensils such as cooking knives, spatulas, etc. Plenty of pans, crockery, cutlery - but nothing to stir anything with, etc. When we told Receception, we just ended up with more pans.
Staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kwh_13
Silvia G, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at La Quinta Park. We have taken note of your comments regarding the cooking utensils. We will look into this so that other clients do not encounter the same problem.
It will be a pleasure to seeing you again in our Resort.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We went to this hotel as a family of 7 and booked 3 rooms which were all very spacious but not up to a 4* standard at all. I will first start by saying that we're not a picky bunch at all and are not the type to complain but I just couldn't resist after this holiday. The area itself is very nice, especially if you're looking for a nice quiet spot to enjoy with your family. We booked the all inclusive package but with this hotel wearing the coloured wrist band to indicate your board is not enough and you always need to carry this pink card (each room gets one card) which the hotel staff sign when you enter the restaurant. What this means is that you always have to go to meals together and if someone in your room wants to sleep in then tough luck because you can't use the card a second time (which is ridiculous!). Plus, after 3 days the small pink card gets absolutely tattered so if you're planning a long trip then you might want to get it laminated so it lasts. Though a majority of the staff were pleasant, there were a few (particularly the bar manager and the restaurant manager - they both wore black suits) who treated us in a disgusting way, so much so that we would dread having to hand our card over to them to get it signed because of the way they would look at us. Also, when me and my sisters wanted to get a drink during the day we had to wait at least 30 mins or so before one of the bartenders noticed us (even when the bar area was empty!) - now, we book all inclusive packages every year and have never experienced this before so were shocked. To make things worse most of the staff couldn't speak English.
They have nearly no entertainment for the kids/teenagers so expect to see young people around the reception area on their phones/ipads/laptops out of sheer boredom, and even then the wifi is slow and keeps cutting and to get it fixed you'd have to constantly ask the reception staff (they were quite friendly but even then you feel quite bad about having to ask them again and again).
Food was in abundance but pretty standard, nothing special; they do bring a variety of fish dishes which was quite nice and they did make some meat freshly in front of you so not much complaints there. Also there were very limited vegetarian options so my little sister ate chips and pasta for a week.
All in all it was a disappointing holiday, largely thanks to the way the hotel manager treated us (which is quite surprising considering there were 7 of us on an all inclusive package in their hotel!). I definitely do not recommend this hotel especially when I compare it to other 4* hotels (all inclusive) that we've been too in Europe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Mir A
Silvia G, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear customers,
I regret we could not fulfilled your expectations during your stay at our Hotel. We will take into account the suggestions you gave us and I assure you that, if you give us another chance, we will make your stay as pleasant as possible
Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We spent six nice in this beautiful resort. The food was very average and we even skipped breakfast even it was free, but the room was great and very spacious. Internet only works in the lobby and is very slow.
On Tuesdays they have special nights worth a try. Their inside swimming pool is also great.

Room Tip: Up the street is a nice foreign restaurant with nice food and good beer. The hairdresser in the hote...