“Quality/price perfect!”

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Alicante
Bucharest, Romania
“Quality/price perfect!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The location is outside Alicante's city center, but I admire most the location near the beach, so the morning you could admire a magnificent sunrise right from your window. The breakfast is poor, not the London type full breakfast menu, but is very OK. The staff were just as helpful and pleasant. You need to go 5 min until the bus station, very close, and you have 3 buses going there. The Airport Shuttle witch passes every 20 minutes, 2.75 euro one way, or you can wait for 27 and 3 which passes every hour, 1.40 or 1.55 euro one way. But I recommend Airport shuttle with stops right at the beach in city center.
I will definitely go again there, maybe in summer this time!

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view to see the sunrise. 4th floor is smoking but you can't feel that, so...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CoriT_Bucharest
GMALC, Gerente at B&B Hotel Alicante, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear CoriT,

First of all we really thank you for your kind comments. It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed in Alicante and at our hotel! And we will more than glad to welcoming you again during your next visit to Alicante.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly if you decide to come back.

Thank you so much again and warm regards,

GMALC.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We booked this hotel mainly due to the location being close to the aiport but also for the brand of HIE which we have used elsewhere in the past.

The location could not have been better in regard to the airport but there is nothing else around and car/taxi is required if you wish to visit Alicante or even go to a shop. The hotel has vending machines with sandwiches and drinks which I would only recommend as an emergency bite to eat.

We had booked a sea view room which we were not given. I called the reception from the room when I seen our view was of another building (through filthy windows) to be told I was advised of this on arrival (this must have been in Spanish as I certainly was not told this in English).

There was no kettle in the room and when I called at Reception to request one, the receptionist removed a note selotaped to one in a box and handed it to me. As I was in the lift I had a closer look at the kettle and I noticed the wires inside were bare and there was no on/off switch. I returned to reception and was provided with another kettle (no apology!!) On inspection again I thought the wires looked insecure however on return to the room, I plugged the kettle in which promptly blew the electricity in the room and an electrician had to be called. eventually the kettle was replaced and the power restored to the room.

We attended the restaurant for a meal. The waitress was great although she was run off her feet trying to tend to all the guests in the restaurant as well as serving the guests at the bar while the receptionist was outside chatting to colleagues. The meal I have to say was excellent. We had the Bruchetta and mushrooms to start followed by pizza and burgers. It was very nice.

We also had breakfast. We had to ask at reception for the meat and cheese to be replaced as there was none on the dishes and no staff around to request this. Eventually we had what we needed. There was ample bread, pastries, cereals and drinks (hot and cold) available.

I suppose you only get what you pay for and this time that was the case. HIE now a disappointment for us and we will need to rethink any future use of this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
GMALC, Director General at B&B Hotel Alicante, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Dear HandCo,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, I have taken good note of your comments and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused and that you did not feel comfortable with us, nevertheless I ask you not to loose confidence in Holiday Inn Express hotels worldwide.

Please, consider that we really really appreciate your comments because they help us to improve our service, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Please, we strongly request you to come back and give us the opportunity to demonstrate you that the situation you experienced with us was a combination of coincidences that will not happen again. Feel free to contact me in case you decide to visit us again.

General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Alicante hotels

Denia, Spain
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed once again last night and my opinion keeps increasing with each visit. Superbly located for the airport 5 minutes or the City Centre 8 minutes (by car) and last night a double including an adequate (not spectacular!) breakfast was €44.
The City of Alicante, mostly ignored by tourists as they head out of the airport to the popular tourist destinations of the Costa Blanca, is simply spectacular with many excellent bars and restaurants and a buzzing marina full of life.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms come complete with the most amazing sunrise
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank grapow
Dear Grapow,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us again during your visit to Alicante. We also thank you for having taken the time to comment your experience in our hotel, it is nice to hear that you where very happy with our service and my team and I would welcome the opportunity to be your hosts once more in the future!

Kind regards,
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Once again used this hotel as a one night stop over and again the staff were just as helpful and pleasent even though we arrived after 1 o'clock in the morning. Its a short drive from the airport but you need a car or a taxi into the city of Alicante. The room we booked was a family room for thre adults. The aircon worked perfectly as it was need with three adukts in the room. The continetal breakfast was included in the cost of the room and was more than adequet to start the day. For a budget hotel it does the job nicely.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AlanWR
Dear AlanWR,

We really thank you for taking the time to to comment your experience in our hotel. It is with pleasure that I read the favourable comments about your recent stay, we are happy that you liked our breakfast and we will be more than glad to welcoming you again during your next visit to Alicante.

Kind regards,
Reykjavík
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here on our way from a late flight which was very convenient since it is not far from the airport. The hotel is by a motorway and is really not suited to those not driving or willing to take a taxi. Walking into town is not an option really.
There´s really not much to be said about it. The staff was courteous and helpful. The rooms were small but adequate. Extra beds make this a bargain for a family with children. There´s a bar in the lobby. Breakfast is typical for what is to be expected, bread/toast, cereal, coffee/tea.
I´d reccomend it for a short stay or for those with a hire car who want to explore the area around Alicante. Not ideal for exploring the city or going to the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sverrir
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Alicante, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear SverrirDaniel,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us. However, I am sorry you did not find our location ideal. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cardiff
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is an average HI Express: a chain that I rate amongst the best of the chain hotels (and it's adjoining an Ibis if they're your thing). The location is perfect for the airport - but you need a car if nightlifing it in Alicante itself. There are buses, but v infrequent on a Sunday. Five minutes to airport car drop off (petrol station opposite entrance to airport for fill up).
Beds and room totally usual (though a bath not just a shower). Housekeeping poor: chopped bath, stained floors, evidence of previous occupants.
Breakfast usual HE Express ....
But major moan: it was 35 yet the staff said it wasn't hot enough for aircon to work properly so we had to sleep with window open and little breeze - made for a bad night, just what you don't want for a long travel day ahead. So overall Poor score when it really needn't have been.
Avoid in summer.

Room Tip: Go for high up for view of sea (but road in way so noisy if no air con)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Alicante, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear pdconair,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location.

However, We’re sorry you received service from our housekeeping and for the air conditioning. We will look into this. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Essex, England
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed here for two nights in August 2012, my husband , 15yr old son and I. We had a double room with the sofa bed made up. The sofa bed made into another double for my 6ft son who found it very comfortable. The room was a little cramped, due to the extra bed but had clean and crisp bed linen. We had a hairdryer and tea & coffee making facilities, although these were only for two people, ie two cups provided and we were a 3. An old fashioned large TV but it did work. In the whole of the room there was only one plug socket and one of the lights was broken leaving the room at night a little dark. First impressions on arrival were not great, the entrance to the hotel was untidy although some of this was leaves blowing from outside into the foyer. The car park was not lit at night, even though there were large lights, they just did not put them on. The female receptionist was forever having a cigarette outside the doors and the smoke then blew back into the building and the bin beside the door was also overflowing with cigarette butts. The ice machine and cool drinks machine broke down and was then out of order. Holiday inns provide an ice bucket in each of their rooms and guests have access to the ice machine, this was really appreciated when it was working as the temperature was in the top 30C's when we were there. Once checked in we asked about the free WiFi ,we were informed it was 10€ a day and not free. We then decided to query this again as I had booked all hotels on our trip with free WiFi in order to keep in contact with work and family. We were then told if we joined the hotel's priority club we would get this free. Having pointed out I was already a member, having made our booking via the website, they then asked for the membership number and we had unlimited WiFi! Breakfast was a bit like school dinners. A big hotel with a lot of hungry holidaymakers makes for a rush at buffet breakfast. The breakfast was good, nothing special but included in the price: croissants, drinks, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, pastries, etc. If you timed it earlier down to breakfast, as we did the second day it was much nicer. Would we stay again, yes, the hotel is near a main road and looks out to sea and we slept well. We needed the car to drive into Alicante in the evenings but we loved the evening restaurants we ate at. Handy location but you do need the car. Ample parking at the hotel.

Room Tip: Join the priority club before you book, like I did and take your membership number then you get free...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family