“A really relaxing place”

El Plantio Golf Resort
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Alicante
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We are currently staying at this property as I type.

The accommodation is amazing. We are in a 3bed apartment which is simply huge including 2 bathrooms and an amazing balcony. The kitchen is a full size one with dishwasher, hob, oven and microwave and all the cooking utensils you might need ( though we are here half board). There is a utility room with full size washer and tumble dryer.

There is a TV though no English channels

There is a full size lounge and dining room

There is WIFI- there was a problem with this on Friday evening as more people arrived but it is fine now as a technician addressed this problem

There are two large pools surrounded by grass and even though there are not many sun beds we have managed to get some no matter what time of the day we went down

There food in the restaurant is ordered from a menu and cooked fresh -it has been lovely and fresh and hot and delicious. Though breakfast is Buffett style

We are 3 km from the airport but I can honestly say we have not heard any aircraft noise!

The property is not really near anywhere and we thought car rental from the hotel was quite pricey and wished we had booked before travelling. Having said that you can catch a bus into Alicante for 1€ 50. And taxis from airport and into Alicante are between 10 and 12€

The views of the golf course and the mountains are amazing and this is a really relaxing holiday

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Slabnose

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Currently here with my boyfriend and it's brilliant, admittedly there has been problems like our oven didn't work but within 2 mins of calling reception someone came to fix it and it was done in 10. What's given is very basic but as long as you know that before you come then it's not an issue like a tea towel. Wifi is horrendous but I wouldn't let that put you off here. Very clean, staff are very polite and helpful, swimming pools are amazing and definitely not brown so I guess they have been painted since others have visited. Definitely need a car saying that me and my boyfriend are getting taxi's and not a problem with the airport and supermarkets 10 minutes away. Perfect for small families and couples and golfers ;)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stopped here before travelling down to Mojacar and we were all extremely impressed by the lovely staff, accommodation and facilities. This will be a preferred destination for a quick weekend getaway from now on. It's only 10 mins from the airport and in the middle of nowhere. Lovely. Great little restaurant and delicious breakfast

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susi-of-london
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Beautiful setting with golf course and no plane noise despite being 10 minutes from Alicante airport. The rooms are two bed roomed apartments, very spacious, modern and well equipped. Massive living room and large galley kitchen, master bedroom ensuite and second bedroom with adjoining bathroom. Large balcony with golf course views and massive pool with lovely gardens; there is a second pool but I didn't see it. I used it for an airport stopover but it would be ideal for families, especially with the kitchen facilities. A car essential as it is remote. If it was on the accommodation itself and pool area, I would give it top score but I have marked it down due to poor instructions to find the hotel, the restaurant and average customer service. Like other people who reviewed it, we followed the instructions and got totally lost and it took an hour to find the hotel. The instructions to the parking were not clear and when we found the underground car park it was unlit and the location of the light switches and lift were not obvious. There was no hairdryer in the room and no instructions on how to contact reception from the phone. On asking for a hairdryer at reception we were told 'we will bring one in the morning'; I had just washed my hair that evening ! The hotel advertised 2 restaurants but the golf club one was closed in the evening. The choice at the hotel one was fairly limited and very English and expensive for what you get. I ordered lasagna and was served a soggy, luke warm lasagna on a plate with no accompaniments at all, for 9 or 10 euros and it had obviously been microwaved. I refused it and changed to a pizza which was very thin, oblong and very small compared with what you usually get in Spain. Although the restaurant is open till 10.30 pm, when we arrived at about 9.45 pm they seemed to be shutting up. A telly was blaring out onto the terrace and the staff just seemed interested in watching telly or going home. Decided not to bother with breakfast so can't comment. I assume that the apartments would be great for golfers an visiting Alicante by car. I would stay again for an airport stopover but would eat out.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course facing room for evening sun or a top floor with a roof terrace. Large fridge...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mintey
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We recently returned from a weeks’ stay at this resort during the busy school ½ term week. I was extremely impressed with this resort. I have visited the Costa Blanca on numerous occasions as have family living over here. I have to say this place is a real gem, a lovely green oasis. The resort is immaculately maintained and the staff are very friendly. The accommodation is of a high standard and has daily maid service. We had a top floor apartment with stunning views over the golf course. The room/apartment was huge, complete with AC, Wi-Fi and comprised of 2 large bedrooms with ample storage space. The master bedroom was on-suite with a large shower. There was also a large living room, separate dining room, galley style kitchen complete with full oven and 4 ring hop, full size fridge and freezer, microwave and dishwasher. There was also a utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer and an indoor/outdoor enclosed storage area, plus a large family bathroom. It was beautifully decorated. The balcony was also large and spread across the entire apartment. As we had a top floor apartment we had a rooftop terrace which was accessed from the balcony. The resort itself didn’t seem busy during our stay and even though it is only 10 minutes from the airport there was no plane noise at all.
There are 2 restaurants and 2 large swimming pools on the complex, both pools had a shallower children’s area incorporated into it. The buffet breakfast at the hotel was of a good standard and this can be incorporated into your room package. My children enjoyed the array of pancakes, fruit and pastries and then went back for the bacon and eggs. The restaurant offered a limited/standard menu but again the food was of a good standard. I would recommend hiring a car if you were staying at this resort as it is in the middle of nowhere. However I heard from several other guests staying at that complex that the taxi ride into town or to the beach (approx. 5-10 mins) was fairly reasonable.
If I had any negatives to say about the resort it would be that there were no sun umbrella’s around the pool area. In the height of summer when temperatures soar this could be a problem. The only sun umbrellas are located on the restaurant patio for alfresco dining. Also, if this resort got allot busier in the height of the session sunbeds would become an issue if they don’t increase the number of them. Most of the sunbeds were taken around both pools in May when the resort seemed quite empty and on one day I saw a family walk away as there was no beds.
I have already booked to return here later this year; however I will be borrowing a sun umbrella from my in laws to shelter my children.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Scrumpymcc
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I returned to El Plantio in May. We asked and were given the apartment we wanted and we could not have been happier. We arrived on an early flight and asked if we could leave our baggage as our rental car was small and we would come back to check in at the proper time? Our host Victoria immediately checked us in at midday so we could access our room. Brilliant!!! It left us on a winner straight away. Our apartment was of the usual standard for El Plantio, clean and welcoming. The complex was quiet and perfect for a lazy, peaceful holiday. Wifi in our room is a great bonus. We stayed around the hotel a bit more this time and really enjoyed the pool area and had lunch on a couple of occasions. The menu is small but the food is good and reasonably priced. We played golf at the adjoining course and this is very well maintained. This is still a great holiday resort for the golfer and especially couples who want away from the humdrum of the tourist trail. While there is a direct bus service into Alicante not far from the hotel, I do recommend you rent a car. We have no doubt that we will return to El Plantio. Many thanks to all the staff for taking care of us so well.

Room Tip: Apartments by the pool for families for easy access and high floor apartments overlooking the golf c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Myself, husband and teenage son have just returned from a short holiday here and felt I must say how lovely it was. The apartments are lovely, stylish, roomy and very clean. The two swimming pools were gorgeous and it was so peaceful with beautifully kept gardens and plants.We stayed there primarily for the golf which my husband and son enjoyed a couple of times. There isn't a shop which is a bit of a shame and a little quiet on an evening but we caught the bus at the end of the road into Alicante which is very easy to do and easy to get a taxi back. The staff were very helpful. The breakfast which was included was very good although thought the food on the evening was expensive. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family