“The best terrace!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great staff, great food and excellent quality-price ratio. The terrace is sunny at day and romantic in the evening. It is just a minute from the beach plaza of the Santa Maria Basilica. They keep the place usually open until there are clients. Ask some of their special drinks! Every one of the dishes I have ate there (and they are many!) have been delicious.

You just can not miss this place! I will definitely return here every time I visit Alicante because of the staff and the atmosphere. It is also possible to make reservations if you have bigger group.

There are newer reviews for Mon Cafe

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We found the cafe to be the best we found on our trip to Alicante - we didn't eat there but the free tapas were fine and the thing that made this cafe stand out was the "self service " drinks the staff bring the bottle of any spirit you order and you choose how much to have in the lovely goblet glasses they bring - we have never found anywhere that has offered that before!! The staff were all lovely and friendly and the cafe clean with lovely outside area in a small square

2  Thank PatMSolihull
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Arriving in Alicante about 10pm after a six hour journey, finding this little place in the church square just next to my hotel was the perfect answer to that 'hungry, but not quite ready to eat too much' post-flight feeling. I was made very welcome, explained how I felt and was advised on the immediate choices plus the option to add a little more if my 'time clock' adjusted! A drink and tapas appeared immediately followed at a more leisurely pace by my meal. Just the right timing! To sit and take in the biz and the scenery, with the staff who spent a little time to chat, before it got too busy just set the tone for my little break. They wanted to improve their English and I wanted to improve my Spanish, so it turned into quite an experience with an added bonus for us all.
Going back once again with friends when it was too busy outside, [only about 6 tables], we waited inside, then sat on the steps outside in the evening heat, sampling their excellent mojitos, before getting a table. No-one was hustled out; no one was rushed; it was all very laid back. The menu may not have been huge, but our food was delicious, and again the service so friendly.

1  Thank marwils
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Just at the top of the steps leading up to the basilica and in an attractive location. We paid 12 euros each for a steak and fish dish with chips and salad and complimentary tapas. A jug of sangria was 9 euros which I thought was a tad overpriced, but was lovely...Our dinners were well cooked and well presented.
The owner wasn't particularly friendly but did try and chat to us once, however our lack of Spanish and his lack of English obviously wasn't his fault.
All in all, a nice little place to have a meal, nothing amazing as someone else commented but is worth a visit. Sandwiches are 4.50 and it would be a nice place to stop and have a bite to eat.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had drinks here a couple if times, but didn't eat, so we can't comment on the food. It's in a lovely spot in the church square near the Contemporary Art Museum. It's a lovely setting, but he church probably restricts he number of outside tables, but try anyway. The idea of letting a lush like me pour his own gin is daft! I let the barman do it! Very reasonable prices and good service.