“Central location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kamari, Greece
“Central location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice hotel, and superb location, but not very cosy. A modern ok hotel with a lot of accomodations.
If want to stay central i Alicante this hotel , located at the beach, is a good choice. A secure quite place

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 445Hellas
MeliaAlicante, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Alicante, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank very much for your updated comment.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed the location of our Hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on your next arrival in order to welcome you and make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Mª Carmen Benito
Guest Experience Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I was a little hesitant booking into such a big hotel but I must say it exceeded my expectations. The hotel is located right in the centre of alicante overlooking postiguet beach. If you can get on the level your room will overlook the beach/sea view or the marina...try and get the sea view rooms. The room was of a good size and the cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. Very polite staff from the maids right through to the receptionists. I must mention Atina from reception on the level who was outstanding. We asked about a tram trip to altea and she looked into it for us and contacted us after she had finished her shift to give us the relevant details. Several days later she even remembered us and asked us how our day trip went. Great service! Lovely holiday and really good hotel.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Johnno1964
Dear Mr. Johnno,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time in writing a review.

I really glad to read that we exceed your expectations with our service on The Level.

Also, I would like to thank you for expressing such a kind words about our staff. They are a true asset to the Hotel. We will pass on your comments to them in order to encourage them.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon on The Level. We are at your disposal.

Mª Carmen Benito
Guest Experience Assistant
Frederiksberg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Situated at the heart of Alicante, on the beach
we can recommend this hotel for a get away. Nice and friendly staff, junior suite suits 4 people and with large balcony. Everything close by and car rental at the hotel. Sea view or harbour view, great breakfast buffet, good for families as well as couples

• Stayed July 2014
MeliaAlicante, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Alicante, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for your time to share with other Tripadvisor users about your experience in Meliá Alicante.

We are hugely pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided and were impressed by our team.

It would be a pleasure for all the Meliá Team to welcome you back in a near future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

8 June 2014 just back from a glorious 7 days in Alicante. The 4* Melia hotel is ideally located between the Beach and the marina with stunning views and all the facilities you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Hello to Una and Peter, friends we made at the hotel.
Across from the hotel moored at the large marina is a Spanish galleon which is well worth exploring and your admission fee of 5 euros includes a drink at the top deck bar. There are gift shops to explore and the Casino if you fancy a flutter. The marina also has a large number of bars and restaurants. You can also get a boat trip here to the Island of...
At the other side of the hotel is the main beach with the crystal clear waters of the med. The beach is very popular. The rear of the beach has a promenade with cafe's and free clean public toilets. Across the road to the rear of the third café, Rompanellos, is the entrance to the castle lift. This takes you up to the castle which is a must visit.
There is also an open top "TouriBus", which for 10 euros buys you a day ticket with 5 hop off and hop on locations around the city. The second stop (10 mins) takes you up to the castle. The bus stops at the melia (roundabout) every hour on the hour and is a good way to check out Alicante.
A short walk from the hotel and marina takes you into the old town. There are lots of restaurants, tapas bars and the usual McD's, Subway and B King if you are not an adventurous eater. Also on the promenade are local craft and gift stalls. A number 5 bus takes you to the Open market on Thursdays and Saturdays for 2.5 euros. I forgot to mention the weather... July was in the top 80's and early 90's with bright sunshine every day. What more could you ask. A week goes bye so quickly!

Room Tip: You have 2 choices.. a marina view or a beach view. Both are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Derek J
Dear Mr. Derek,

Thank you a lot to take your time to post a comment about your recent stay in Meliá Alicante.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and it is a pleasure for us to know that you are delighted with the hotel facilities.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future. Do not hesitate to contact us directly in advance.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ok, never been to Spain before and never fancied it due to the way they treated their animals, however as things have changed for the better, my husband booked us a surprise 6 days for my birthday and our anniversary in May. On arriving at the hotel first impressions were of a dated building from the outside, but I had always invisaged Spanish hotels this way anyway, so no big deal. Going through the doors of the hotel I was aware (as other's mention) that there was a strong smell of sewage, but as you reached reception this seem to disappear, it was unpleasant but I made myself imagine it was coming from the ocean! The girls on reception were not the friendliest of girls I have met and could have been a little more people orientated, however our meetings with them were few and far between thank goodness. On entering our room I was disappointed on first impressions, it was basic but clean and rather dull which I am not a big fan off in a hotel room! However, when I opened the balcony door, the view that hit me made up for everything! It actually looked like it had been painted as it was so picture perfect. Facing us was the deep blue sea and a glorious sky. To the left we had a perfect view of the beach and to the right the ocean for as far as the eye could see. The balcony was tiny and just enough room for myself and my husband with dated chairs and tables but as I said the view superseded everything for me. We were on the fourth floor and I believe the third floor has been totally renovated so I think I would prefer to try this the next time. The pool is of ample size, however, it is absolutely freezing even in temperatures of 30 degrees and it never heated! Needless to say we did not use it and everyone else who did only stayed in it a few minutes which was a shame. We only ate in the pool side bar and the food was lovely. The staff in the bar next to reception were all lovely and made us feel welcome and the staff in the dining area were also nice. The buffet breakfast had everything you could ask for even Champagne and every morning was delicious! The back of the hotel faces on to the ocean and the front faces on to the marina and is ideally situated to explore Alicante. A few minutes walk takes you to some lovely restaurants and bars along the main street and the beach as I mentioned is only a few minutes walk too so you have everything on your door step. The only thing I didn't like was the street sellers who make a kind of gauntlet you have to walk between as they try and sell their glasses and fake handbags, a little scary! Across from the hotel there is a casino which we only used a handful of times but most nights we took a stroll along the water at the marina and had drinks as the sun went down. I have heard other people mention that the noise coming from the bars/casino can be quite bad, however we never experienced this. I could imagine though that it could become quite rowdy as the bars along the water front at the Marina stayed open until 7am. When we returned to the hotel at night we took our drinks and sat out in the front of the hotel where they have comfy sofas and tables, a nice little use of space and good for people watching! All in all I would thoroughly recommend the Melia and taking in the points above I would still return...infact I am looking forward to it!

Room Tip: The wifi did not work in the room reception was the best place to pick it up.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tripinalovertheworld
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thanks you for the time that you have spent sending us your opinion.

Regarding to your comments, I assure you that we are working to improve our facilities, ensuring a good quality service and guest satisfaction.

On the other hand, we appreciate a lot your nice words regarding our breakfast buffet.

We sincerely hope that we have the chance to welcome you again very soon!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed on 25th June for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay.
Our room over looked the harbour and was a nice view. Was a nice room.
Right on the beach, which was handy! The pool area was also very nice although it was ridiculous the amount of beds that had towels on and you seen them going down the steps to the beach-that was really annoying!

The bar in the hotel does very nice cocktails and the monitors were the best I have ever tasted. Breakfast was great as you had an amazing choice, totally spoilt for choice.

I would go back and recommend it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank hbmsh
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for so positive comments and also for sharing here your experience with other people, for sure it will be a good guide for other travellers who wanted to know more details about our services, facilities and location.

All our team hopes to get an opportunity to welcome you here again soon!

Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Me and my partner had a last minute weekend break away in Alicante staying at the Melia Alicante. We hadn't paid for transfers in advance but we got the taxi there and back which was 20 euros each trip, not bad in comparison to quotes to Gatwick that we'd have got at home!

The hotel always looked clean, the food in the restaurant for breakfast was nice with plenty of choice, although we didn't eat there for lunch or dinner, instead choosing to venture into the town to get something to eat. There are plenty of cafés if you want some light lunch, and there are some great restaurants serving tapas and sea food inside the harbour if you don't fancy walking too far, the swordfish is definitely recommended. On our last night we decided to try an Italian restaurant and pizzeria for something different, where the food was superb and the service was excellent. If you fancy a drink afterwards there were plenty of bars open until late around the harbour of various types from chillaxed vibes through to louder clubby type bars, all good in their own ways depending on what you're after.

The beach next to the hotel was generally kept very clean from what we saw and the cost of the sun beds were reasonable. Even better that it was right next door to the hotel!

A couple of minor things happened whilst we were there, we booked a double room in advance to arrive and get given a twin room, so after complaining we got what we had booked. Another thing is, although it was no problem for me as I can speak a reasonable amount of Spanish and always brush up on the language before I go anywhere, some of the hotel staff speak limited or no English except at the concierge desk, so it is worth brushing up or learning some in advance, which I only see as polite when visiting a foreign country anyway.

Overall, very pleased with the standard of the rooms, food, the beach, and things to do in our weekend in Alicante, and we would easily book again for the weekend. A week may be too long to see everything around unless you go further afield.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard D
Dear Mr. Richard,

Thank you a lot for taking your time to share about your experience and sensations in our hotel with other Tripadvisor users.

We are extremely happy and proud to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you had such a good impression with our exclusive service, where our commitment is to give to exceed all your expectations by offering our best service and attention.

For your next reservation, do not hesitate to contact with us and we will do our best to cover your preferences.

All our team looks foward to meeting you again!