Lowest prices for your stay
Melia Rewards member rate available
Dundee, United Kingdom

Mixed Review

Review of Melia Alicante
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Sept 2017
Have just come back from staying at the Melia Hotel Alicante for 5 nights. The positives are the location, food, Melia rewards where we got up to 10 euros to spend at the bar each day. The negatives - I queried with reception as I had booked the "deluxe" room and although it was okay it was a bit tired looking (tap in bathroom falling apart and the grouting in the shower needed redone). I was offered an upgrade at a further cost of 125 euros for 5 nights which I declined. On checking in I had a similar experience to another reviewer who said that they had little interaction from the receptionist, although the person checking us out was lovely, it obviously depends on who you get. There was a lack of information given at check in/or in your room about the hotel and the surrounding area. I am maybe comparing this to a hotel I stayed at in Italy in June where you were given lots of information and the staff were so welcoming you really felt that they were happy that you had chosen their hotel to stay at. A tip I would give is to just get a taxi to and from the airport to your hotel - I booked an airport transfer which was not necessary and paid quite a bit for this too. I would probably stay at this hotel again but I think some of the receptionists require some training on their customer care skills.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    £56
2.9 miles from Melia Alicante
View more hotels in Alicante
7,221 results
All reviews free bar level experience sea view level room level guests old town large hotel tapas beach side pool area junior suite afternoon sun building work half board fantastic location fifth floor paella
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Just return from a weeks stay at this hotel, we stayed in a room on The Level. All the staff were great from the time we checked in. Lucia was a delightful and pleasant young lady who went out of her way to make you feel very special and she was very helpful when dealing with any questions we had. Roca who dealt with us daily at breakfast in the Level lounge was fabulous. She always greeted us with a cheerful smile.
We had a room overlooking the marina and even though it was near the main road this did not stop us from having a restful nights sleep. All in all we had an enjoyable stay at this hotel and will be back in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank JoanneP902
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We throughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Melia Alicante. We were on the Level which means we got extra services and amenities. Drinks and snacks available all day in the Level lounge and an upgraded room with extras. The service from all the staff we had dealings with was exceptional. My only slight criticism was that our room was at the end of a very long corridor and we had quite a walk to get back to the lounge. I would definitely use this hotel again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Quick few days away and. Hose to upgrade to The Level. Complimentary tapas & spirits served 3 times a day and drinks like wine and beer all day inclusive. Beautiful breakfast where you want for absolutely nothing. Beautiful suite with his and her bathrooms, slippers, smellies, chocolates etc. Plenty of space and lots of wardrobe space too. Good sitting room too and huge bed! Superb location next to the beach and the marina. Across the road from the old town. Only 20 mins to the airport.
Lovely staff who were very attentive in every department!

Highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sallythomson
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I like this hotel, the location is great and easy to get to from the airport, next to the beach and bars. Rooms are great and some have a sea view. Have stayed a couple of times and would stay again . There is an outside pool.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mikesol
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This is a difficult review to write, we had an overall lovely holiday in this hotel, met wonderful people all fellow guests, fabolous setting close to everything. The hotel itself is lovely, our room was lovely, the sleep experience was good.

The breakfast was fab, every morning a que not only for a table but at each counter, the side plates to control portion sizes were frankly silly, however the food and variety was fantastic.

We booked a premium room with a view of the marina. On arrival we were told we had a sea view, I expressed I had specifically booked a marina view with a room with tea and coffee facilities, we were staying 7 days. The receptionist shrugged his shoulders in a very dismissive way and said it was all the same and I should take what I get. I felt bullied. Anyway being tired after a long journey, I took the sea view with a tiny balcony with a very restricted sea view and no tea or coffee facilities. Frustratingly, the door card failed to work almost every day of our stay, more irritating by what felt like miles of corridor to get back to reception with seriously dodgy slow lifts, on our final day I brought the card back again as it was not working, this time the receptionist said, in an exasperated tone, I must have kept it by a mobile, I said no, then I must have kept it by a credit card, she just grabbed the card and reset it. I thought the customer service didn't exist. The staff in general did there job professionally but without a glimmer of interaction, with one exception the lady we checked out with. The beach was so packed it was unusable, and the pool for the hotel was tiny and freezing. I wouldn't return again, over priced and impersonal.

3  Thank Ann O