Good grief! We left the airport in our hire car, thank goodness it was A. Full of fuel and B. v economical! What should have been a twenty minute journey took nearly an hour. The map provided on the Internet by the hotel must have been designed by someone who should have paid attention during their geography lessons. Apart from the drawing of the car park there was little resemblance between the map and reality! Most cities in Europe have sign posts specifically for pointing the weary traveller towards their chosen place of ret. well there is ..... One! And then nothing! Also some bright spark had decided that street names were a thing of the past so if you are psychic...no probs but if you are like us ... No hope!
Having eventually found the hotel you will be impressed by the large secure car park. Next good bit is the reception, quit friendly and reasonably helpful. When I raised the issue of directions I was proudly presented with a map...the same map!!
Room spacious, clean but nothing exciting. Bathroom ok, shower good. TV poor. Sound proofing dreadful. We were woken very early by some other guests slamming doors etc. view from our room was ghastly. A huge and extremely ugly block of flats (actually on the map!) bares down on you.....and that's it view wise. Pool area is grim. Concrete everywhere, hot, no breeze, and quite the most appalling sun loungers imaginable. They collapse. That's it...they really do and I have read other reviews stating the same, so that suggests to me that the management simply cannot be bothered to replace them, lets face it they don't costs as much as a Saturn 5 rocket so it's. bit of a cheap skate attitude. Bar adequate, just. Breakfast looked quite nice but I thought a bit costly. This really is not a good quality hotel by any sense of the word. If you take into account the very noisy rooms, self moving beds ( yup they just wizz about the room, not properly secured to anything!), lousy directions , and poor pool area, I am sure you could find better accommodation at the same price. However having said all that, the staff were good, it is only a five minute walk to a stunning beach, there are loads of bars and a few restaurants within an easy stroll and the overall area is quite pleasant and very clean. Ten minute drive into Alicante with it's terrific atmosphere and night life (an hour to get back using the useless map!), and there was a very pretty kitten living in the car park which loved sausage!
Quick tip re the sun loungers. If you are challenged in the age department be very careful as you could really hurt yourself if one collapses with you in it. You have been warned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Holiday Inn Alicante-Playa de San Juan is located in a quiet area, just 400 meters from the spectacular sandy beach Playa de San Juan and only 5km from the centre of Alicante with easy access to other locations like Alicante Golf Course, shops, restaurants and other local attractions. This hotel is ideally located both for short breaks and holidays as well as for the business travellers visiting Alicante. Our comfortable 126 rooms are decorated in a fresh mediterranean style with parquet floors and equipped with air conditioning, television and satellite tv, minibar, safe deposit box and private bathroom. The hotel facilities include free parking and Wi-Fi in all the public areas as well as in 50% of the rooms, swimming pool, children's pool and playground, gardens, gym, sauna and paddle-tennis court (available at a charge). Our Restaurant Tamayo offers a wide selection of local dishes to tempt your appetite. We also have available our Bar serving drinks and snacks. The Holiday Inn Alicante-Playa San Juan has Seven Conference Rooms with daylight and all the necessary equipment to hold every kind of event. Our dedicated team of professionals will ensure that your meeting is a success. Look up our family packages including sports and extras for the childrenWe look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Alicante - Playa de San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alicante - Playa De San Juan Hotel Alicante
- Alicante Holiday Inn
- Alicante Province Holiday Inn