US$108
US$197
Hotel Mio Cid(Alicante)
US$68
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$101
US$97
  • Restaurant
US$71
US$69
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Hotel Maya Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$115
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

All reviewssan juanresidential areapool areanumber buslovely poola bit tiredel campelloten minute walkearly checkcost eurosbreakfast buffet isnight lifedecent hotelbars and restaurantsshort breakhotel is situatedtapas
Reviewed 6 September 2014

We chose this hotel, because we wanted a place relatively close to the beach. It cost us 3.85 euros per person to get a bus from the airport to Puerta Mar 1 (Plaza Puerta del Mar) and from the same bus stop we got into the bus 21 (it was somewhere around 3 euros per person I think) which went straight pass the Holiday Inn. Very easy and good air conditioning in the buses. When you want to go back, you just get into the bus from the other side of Holiday Inn (there is a small entrance which we used, when we would walk to the beach).

Based on the reviews I had read, I expected the place to be far shabbier than it was. Sure the carpets looked pretty stained (I would suggest them to change the fitted carpets into something that is easier to keep clean), but otherwise everything was clean, the room looked nice, the dining room was nice and there were plenty of foods to choose from at the breakfast.

The air conditioning was very good, you could even get a bit cold during the night if you left it on (which is good, 'cause you can always turn it off if you want to. The air conditioning and the lights only worked if you put your key card in a slot on the wall, so you could only leave the air conditioning on once you left the room, if you left one of the keys there).

There was a mini fridge in the room (holding the mini bar bottles), where you could fit for example a few smaller drinks of your own if you wanted to keep them cool. There was also a small safe in the wardrobe, which worked with your own roomkey (with it you can change the combination of the lock). We couldn't get ours to work straight away, but the helpful girls at the reception sent in a technician, who fixed it straightaway.

You have to be lucky in order to get a quiet room. The soundproofing is not good, but we slept well. Atleast with earplugs on. Luckily the place wasn't too noisy.

There are shops not too far away (Masymas supermercados), a pharmacy quite close, bars and restaurants at the beach and at the beach you can rent sun beds and umbrellas if you want to (I wanted to after laying on the sand. It got everywhere.)
The Inn had a pool also and I tried it too. It was clean, plenty of chlorine as in all pools and since it's not a huge pool, it can easily get crowded. Good for children, though.

In the evening the beach bars would also have been great if we had been travelling with a bunch of friends, so I can recommend it for that kind of parties, aswell.

Room Tip: There are actually several floors. Maybe its more quiet in the upper floors?
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna-Finland
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear Joanna-Finland,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations, specifically with the issues you have had with the noise. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Hotel lobby is very welcoming and modern. Rooms and corridors are worn and old fashioned. Our room was very large with good air conditioning. Breakfast service was chaotic with dis-interested staff and many uncleared tables, no napkins or cutlery available. However there was a good selection of fresh fruit and pastries.
Our reservation was made on a best available rate basis although the hotel still decided to apply a one night charge a week in advance of our arrival and also requested full payment for the week when we checked in.
Pool area is clean and the poolside bar serves a good selection of drinks and snacks.
Hotel's location is very convenient for buses to Alicante and within walking distance of the beach and a good selection of restaurants.
Wifi is advertised at the hotel however in reality this only works within the immediate vicinity of the reception area.
Overall not somewhere I would chose to return to and not up to the usual Holiday Inn standards.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear SurreyMB,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the breakfast service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel two nights in August. My husband is a platinum member and we chose to stay here because it was free with our points. Upon arrival the hotel seems fine - the entrance is nice and the staff is very friendly. When we went to enter our room we realized they had given us a smoking room and the smell was too much for us to bear. We immediately asked to switch rooms and the staff was very accommodating. The second room was better because they didn't have carpet but it was a room with two single beds. We asked to have a room with one double bed but we were told it was not available at the time. We tried to push the beds together but they were unfortunately on wheels and didn't stay together. Needless to say we did not sleep well. The air-conditioner was either too hot or way too cold. The carpet in the hallway' was so old it smelled and was covered with stains. The hotel was probably good in the 70s but now needs a complete renovation. There were many areas of the hotel that needed repair and could possibly be a hazard to people who are not paying attention while walking. On a positive note, the rooms were very clean and the pool area is nice. We would've given the hotel no stars but the staff was so nice and friendly we wanted to at least give one star for that.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennyjtourofEU
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear jennyjtourofEU,

Thank you for being IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite Members and writing us feedback. We are happy to learn that you had a good check-in experience and you found our lobby to be nice. However, I'd like to apologize if your stay was not completely satisfactory due to the condition of the room that you were given. I have taken note of your valuable feedback and this shall be considered for upgrades needed on our end.

Pam G

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Up side: Good breakfast, short walk from the fantastic beach, with a range of bars and restaurants nearby. Rooms were large (but can stink of smoke, and you don't have a choice of non-smoking online), with air con, and a decent bathroom with powerful shower. Good size pool, a nice sun trap, although pool was freezing cold and it's true what they say about collapsing sun-beds below.

Down side: We booked through the Holiday Inn website a week beforehand. When we turned up we were told that my booking had been cancelled because my credit card payment had been rejected. We were shocked - I had my confirmation e-mail, and had not had any follow-up cancellation e-mail or any call to let me know there was a problem (I double-checked my spam folder when I got home just to make sure). The reception staff were entirely unapologetic, and just made a point of saying it wasn't their fault, it was the fault of the Holiday Inn booking system (as if that helped me). They literally shrugged and said the hotel was full, so they couldn't help. This hotel isn't in the centre of Alicante, so it's not as if you can just walk to another hotel nearby. There was no offer to help me find another hotel or anything like that - even though we had clearly just flown in from the UK and didn't know the area at all. I asked to speak to the manager, who they eventually contacted on the phone. He did find us a room in the hotel, but there was no apology, and he refused to honour the advance booking rate I had got on the website, and made me pay full price. When I got back to the UK, I phoned the Holiday Inn customer support line to complain. They said they would get the San Juan hotel to get in touch with me to resolve the issue. Of course, I never heard from the hotel, so eventually had to resolve my issue through the customer support line directly. Shambles all round, which is a shame as I usually quite rate the Holiday Inn chain.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank manfromthemeadow
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear manfromthemeadow,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note your positive comments regarding the beach resort, breakfast services and large rooms and amenities. I apologize about the problem you may have experienced with your reservation. I sincerely hope this incident will not deter from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P

Reviewed 28 July 2014

As a Priority Platinum member I have raved about this hotel before as I have visited it every year for the last 8 yrs., and this trip in July was just as good.. socially.

HOWEVER for the last five years the corridor carpets need renewing as they are stained and STINK!

I am not the first to moan about the state of the carpets as many have stated before me.
This year we noticed that some parts of the hotel are getting a bit tired from the lack of close up maintenance, and don't get me started on those stupid plastic sun loungers!

Note: Free Wi-Fi can be a little patchy at times.

To the owner of this franchise: lets see a bit of money spent on your investment and get it back to some of its finer days.

Room Tip: Avoid pool facing rooms if you don't have kids with you for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alicanteman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Alicanteman,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day we were not able to meet your expectations especially with the condition of the carpets and hotel amenities received. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and we hope to have an opportunity to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N