Free cancellation until 24/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$171
  • Pool
Hotel Castilla Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$82
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Melia Alicante(Alicante)
US$217
US$206
Melia.com
  • Pool
Hotel Maya Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
US$102
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$70
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$109
  • Room Service
NH Alicante(Alicante)
US$110
NH Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewssan juanresidential areapool areanumber buslovely poola bit tiredel campelloten minute walkearly checkcost eurosbreakfast buffet isnight lifedecent hotelbars and restaurantsshort breakhotel is situatedtapas
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Where to begin ! I was quite taken back when I visited this hotel on the outside I looked like it ticked all the boxes I was pretty impressed after all I'd been travelling for a few days visiting friends so was in need of a holiday inn 5 star treatment. How wrong could I have been first impressions rude receptionist ! Quite clearly on my booking I ticked the box double bed non smoking etc. What I actually got was totally the opposite 2 singles ( smoking) absolutely stink to high heaven. So back I went to ask for what I originally booked I was told quite abruptly " we cannot guarantee a double bed or non smoking room" eventually I was given a room my of my choice why they didn't do that in first place I don't know. Maybe I was important enough ! So eventually got to the room much to my surprise wallpaper falling off the floor ( looked like someone had tried to did there way out) was dirty, no duvets, ( itchy blankets) no AC remote control ( froze most of the night) as couldn't regulate AC, towel rail falling off, oh and couldn't tune the TV for an update on the UK news !

I decided to visit the restaurant now is it me as an Englishman but do all Spanish waiters shout at each other ? Th head waiter took it upon himself that every time he conversed he shouted across the room at his colleagues geez it meant to be a quality hotel the set menus €15 got you starter of 2 eggs and ham and pork fillet with a bechamel sauce "quite frankly I could have put it in a roll ( quite clearly not enough) very over priced typically not the standard I am paying for as previously expressed here the hallway leading to the rooms are very shabby, discoloured ,torn carpet, etc. Gym was outdated equipment again was discoloured and the sauna you could use only a set hours ! no wifi, no English TV, ( but German and Russian)

There was a company team building exercise on when I stayed ! Didn't quite prepare myself for that,blowing whistles, loud cheers ( all day ) and running up and down the corridors etc certainly not my idea of "please respect the wishes of the residence ! "

Good points Pool was ok ( if you can get a bed) non heated and pool bar closed. Would very much appreciate a reply from management. Last but not least was asked if I wanted to pay in English or Euros ! Check exchange rate as paid in English and got stung for extra £12 be warned look at other hotels before you book

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear jimmyjam67,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for choosing our hotel for your travel needs. I appreciate the kind remarks regarding our hotel pool. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay due to the staff service, room television, air conditioning unit, noise levels and wallpaper. I am also sorry if the food, hallway area, fitness center equipment fell below your expectation. I want to assure you we are very proud of our level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in us and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Zelyn N.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

I wanted to stay in an American branded hotel chain for the experience and overall equal expectations I am used to receiving in the US while staying at Holiday Inn hotels. I had a reservation for two nights in August. From the exterior the hotel looked like any other Holiday Inn, well kept and cleaned. After checking in and walking to the elevator to get to my room, it became another story. Huge disgusting stains from water or other liquids covered many parts of the floor. Trash bins attached to the wall were coming off wall. Entering the room the bathroom was nice and large, but the wood floors in the bedroom were horribly scratched and unkempt. There were stains on the walls and the room smelled of smoke and mildew. A very small tv was on the counter in the room. I had called down to the front desk for a room change just to be told nothing else was available except for a room on the ground floor facing the parking lot. I even went downstairs where the manager began to get verbally loud and upset with me for asking her for a change when I told her the room was not acceptable. They sent housekeeping to the room to spray and the housekeeper advised me to leave the air conditioner on high and keep the window open to air it out more. In the window frame there were several dead insects. We left to go to the swimming pool only to find many of the plastic lounge chairs severely cracked and broken. I brought this up to the front desk manager who is also the general manager as she had claimed (a first for me as they are usually two different positions) and she seemed not to care. I had cancelled my second night and later in the evening booked an alternative hotel. Overall a very negative experience. Completely unacceptable and definitely not up to hotel standards. Location was good and close to the beach. The staff overall was very nice, but the "manager" was unprofessional in making her guests not feel welcome and comfortable. I personally would not stay at this hotel again due to my experience and preference of a clean space and as there are many other hotels and apartments within the area to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JSO M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Dear Jeffrey M,

We appreciate that you left a detailed review about your experience. Our goal is to consistently provide exemplary guest experiences but we regret that we were not able to do so on this occasions most especially with the condition of the room that you were provided and overall maintenance of the hotel being below par. These points that you have raised will be addressed with management to ensure that necessary steps are taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Despite the above points raised, we are glad that you found our location to be convenient.

Pam G

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on my points earned as ihg staff member. Hotel is spotless. Staff very friendly.. lovely pool. Great menu. Location perfect. San juan beach and restaurants all amazing. Great if you speak Spanish as is not very touristy.. Al oleo great tapas and Los packs great menu and food. Bowie pop moments and texaco lovely staff and always open late.. defiantly will return here. We had a ball !! Muchas Gracias a todos Los empleados todos muy amables .. Seguro que volvemos pronto ☺

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy C
Reviewed 8 October 2016

No, it`s not a bad place. Especially since we reserved cheap! Friendly staff, decent pool, but for some reason the outdoor bar was not open. But here`s the shocker: Wi-Fi does not reach the rooms. This was a not a technical glitch so I was told, no; this is the way it`s meant to be!? Welcome to the 90`s? Around the pool and in the reception area there`s Wi-Fi and otherwise in some of the alleyways you can catch it too. Very strange. The general bathroom downstairs was very dirty too. But it`s a decent room and ample parking! The TV channel selection was limited, but it included some international channels.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Dear JuRut,

Thank you for the sharing your experience with us and for choosing our property for your travel needs. I appreciate the kind remarks towards our friendly staff, parking area, room accommodation and hotel pool. I do however regret that we were unable to meet your expectations with our WIFI service, cleanliness of the bathroom. Your comments have been taken very seriously and have been shared with the Management Team, in order to help us improve further the service and products that we have to offer.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Zelyn N.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Location was good as it was 5-10 minute walk down to the beach. Bus to town was across the road from the hotel, and the same for on the way back, always took the 21 to and from Alicante town, only €1.45 for a single ticket! Staff was friendly and enjoyed our attempts at speaking Spanish! Dinner was lovely - priced at €15 for 3 course meal, the breakfast wasn't tempting so always went to the restaurants by the beach. Restaurant staff, Llando (lovely blonde girl with long hair) and Domingo, really attentive and lovely! Took the tram to Benidorm (from Luceros in the town centre to Benidorm) for the day to see what it was like, took an hour and tickets were about €12 euros for two returns.

However, the decor was dated and needed some work. The carpets were visibly stained, bathroom tiles needed replacing and the wallpaper had rips in it. The room was cleaned nicely, no faults there but the beds had these annoying wheels and weren't connected to make a double, so beds kept sliding. One of the wall lights in my room didn't work, which was annoying because there wasn't enough light in my room,even when the curtains were open! Housekeepers need to check their sewing kits, because our room didn't have one - the box was empty!
I recommend having complimentary bottles of water, cotton buds and pads, razors, an iron (had to go down to reception and ask for one, they only had one in the whole hotel!!) and a shower cap, to be placed in the room!

But other than that, our stay was lovely! And will definitely will go back again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear pradalovestotravelx,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write us a review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am pleased you regarded our location to be good and staff friendly. On the other hand, we are very sorry you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay with regard to the stains in the carpet and issues with the room amenities to be a let down. We highly appreciate your feedback and I will be forwarding this to management since this is our best resource for improvements and achieving superior guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you again in the future and see the improvements made.

Dianne L.