Free cancellation until 24/07
  • Fitness centre
US$82
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Hotel Maya Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
US$102
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

NH Alicante(Alicante)
US$110
US$70
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Hotel Castilla Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewssan juanresidential areapool areanumber buslovely poola bit tiredel campelloten minute walkearly checkcost eurosbreakfast buffet isnight lifedecent hotelbars and restaurantsshort breakhotel is situatedtapas
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

If you have a family with more than four members then make sure to arrange a minibus to pick you up as taxis only take a minimum of four passengers per vehicle! Unlucky for me our transfer bus was cancelled at the last minute so had to get two taxis.Hotel reception welcomed us nicely regarding the time, brilliant night staff on duty went out of their ways to help over our stay! Breakfast buffet also brilliant variety to choose from. We all loved the hotel pool aswel, nice atmosphere. Local kebab house (Fontana kebab and pizza) saved our life as it was the only HALAL eatery in the area! Visited twice a day even tho there was plenty of supermarkets LOL.Beach was approximately 10 minute walk from the hotel and I was impressed how nice it was!Hotel rooms were a bit outdated but hey we were out just went to sleep at night. Had a little problem as I did ask for extra bed in our room which we did not get as our travel agents did not inform us properly but on my booking reservation it shows I booked extra bed! Apart from that it was a brilliant stay as I celebrated my 40th birthday during the stay with my family. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Comercial H, Director Comercial at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Jia U. Thank you very much for your candid review and for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. I am pleased to hear from you that your stay was nice, specially that you enjoyed with our staff, food, and pool area.
We hope begin with a reform soon to improve our facilities, so we hope to see you again soon. Regards.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Stayed here three nights at the end of July with partner and our two children.The holiday Inn Playa San Juan is a 70's beach hotel that could do with a facelift, carpets in common areas are really worn and the pastel tones are a bit Falcon Crest. Front desk staff could smile a bit more and they should put fridges in rooms. Having no one to help you with whole family luggage and be told to get the trolley and suit yourself when there are 4 people behind the desk is simply not acceptable in a four star property.Dismal music selection on repeat at the pool.That's it. This is were negatives stop. I just can't understand some people's comments; have you not seen the pictures before booking? Have you looked at your bill? Seriously, were you expecting the St. Regis?

Now with the positives:
Great recognition of IHG status, nice pool (never crowded) with extremely competitive food and drinks prices, the lady at the pool, lifeguard, animation girl and breakfast staff were all 10/10. Free pool towels (they take a 10euro refundable deposit per towel) Spacious junior suite and great to have separate sofa bed in living room area. Big bathroom with nice powerful shower. Room was spotless clean, breakfast was ok if nothing overly exciting but again, what do people expect?
10 minutes walk to the wonderful beach in extremely pleasant and safe neighborhood. Plenty of bars and restaurant around. Padel Tennis courts - this sport is big in Spain for a reason, it's addictive and everybody should try it! Did not try the gym as I was too busy wondering around the local tabernas and sampling delicious Alicante wines. When I saw my final bill I almost laughed. Great value for money in peak season.

This is a decent place to stay. Moaners, get real!

Room Tip: If you travel with children ask for an upgrade to a junior suite - 129 was extremely comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jarvester
Comercial H, Director Comercial at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Jarvester. Thank you very much for your candid review and for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay due to the hotel conditions and service offered. On the other hand, we are happy to know that you liked the location, pool area and their staff, food, rooms and cleanliness. And most importantly, we are pleased to know that you are happy with the cost of your stay. We value you as our guest and hope to accommodate you again for a chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had booked the hotel on the Tuesday through booking .com for the Thursday and my husband accidentally entered the wrong date and as it was non refundable he emailed booking .com and told them the problem which they said had been amended. When we got to the Holiday inn in Alicante, they knew nothing about it, so they phoned booking .com and they said we had to pay for the wrong night that had been booked and also tonight, My husband spoke to booking .com and told them about the email and also showed the receptionist. She couldn't do anything about it as her hands were tied. So we went outside to think about what to do when the receptionist came out and asked to see the email again and she phoned booking .com again and argued our case and we had to pay Another 7 euros, but the wrong date had been cancelled. She went above and beyond her duty and a big thank you to the staff there for caring so much for their customers and going out of their way for us. I would recommend this hotel and by the way it has a lovely pool you can use while you stay there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandra B. Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We certainly appreciate your nice feedback on our staff and I am pleased to hear that you recommend our hotel and specially that you enjoyed with our pool. We find fulfillment in meeting our guest's needs. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This hotel was good value and in a lovely area only a short walk from the beach . It could do with a bit of sprucing up decor wise but was spotlessly clean and had a lot of facilities. The pool area was lovely and had a bar for drinks and snacks. The rooms were spacious and had air conditioning. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast buffet had a great selection of food to choose from. I'd be happy to stay there again

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Comercial H, Director Comercial at Hotel Port Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear 21jan59. Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. I am pleased to hear from you that your stay was excellent, specially that you enjoyed with our staff, food, pool area and all facilities. We hope begin with a reform to improve our facilities so, we would love to welcome you back soon. Regards.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Currently staying in our 4th Hotel in the last 5 days of 6 night property search fact find and have stayed in 1x2star, 1x3star and this is our 2nd 4 star, however this should not be as the room is poor with a TV from the 80's a light connected to the mains and exposed, zero toiletries in the room but a lovely little note telling me to ask for some if I want them. A shower/bath mixer that throws the water out of both and neither can be turned off. We are on the 1st floor and when we finally left the room for evening meal my wife nearly wiped herself out when she tripped on an uneven floor with loose carpet tiles. Evening meal for two took approx 20 minutes to complete as after we had our starter the main came as clearing the first and the desert came while the boss had her main still on the table. We have a night sleep and a breakfast to look forward to,reckon we will need to go and have a few sociable beverages in the local area to try and enjoy the rest of our stay...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark M. Thank you for your booking at Holiday Inn Alicante – Playa de San Juan and please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay due to the hotel conditions and service offered. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I would like to inform you that we will began with a remodelation soon so, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.