“poor service”
Review of Campanile Alicante

Campanile Alicante
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Alicante
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Next to noisy busy hi-way,not much else nearby. On arrival grumpy old man studied my discount via i-net server.I reminded abt my allergies that we needed no perfume no spray room.He said that they spray all rooms,no discussion.No excuse for not honouring my special request.And it was not abt view or floor it was abt Health..I checked and actually room was not so bad,so I came down its kind of OK.I still remember how he shrugged shoulders with I dont care expression.If still interested to go there room was OK/Only Spanish channels in noisy OK room.I was surprised this is a chain.Hope someone reads it and send this grumpy old man packing.Shame in city where everyone is nice and cares except guy who is paid for it.

Room Tip: other hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank valdo v

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I thought this hotel was excellent value for the 7nights we stayed. The hotel is about a 25 minute walk to the Marina and main shopping area but with excellent local buses for €1.45 around the corner if you don't fancy the walk, is ideally situated. The other thing I love about this hotel is the fact that there is a C6 shuttle bus stand outside which takes you to and from the airport for 6 € for 2 persons, much cheaper and just as fast as a taxi.

The area in which the hotel is situated is a little run down but isn't threatening and there are a few woman soliciting for business in between the hotel and opposite petrol station but life goes on.

Alicante as far as my wife and I are concerned is a real gem that holiday makers often overlook but we loved it, the shopping where shops stay open until very late, a beautiful blue flag beach with clear warm waters and friendly locals, bars and eateries galore. It's also a destination where the Spanish take their holidays so it can't be bad.

We'll definitely go back to Alicante and likely to stay at the same hotel as the staff speak excellent english and are very very helpful so a big thanks to all the reception staff. The rooms were cleaned spotlessly everyday so a big thank you to the chamber staff as well. To ensure this review is balanced the only thing I would like in the hotel room is a small fridge to put milk and water but with the price we paid couldn't really ask for anything more.

Try Alicante though, a lovely place with beautiful scenery and architecture and a visit to Santa Barbara Castle with stunning views and history is a must!

Room Tip: All the same, no views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PigtheSquid
Revenue_Campanile_ES, Public Relations Manager at Campanile Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Campanile Alicante, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time in writing your review and sharing your experience with other travellers.
I hope you will be visiting our city in a near future and choose our hotel or once of our brands, once more.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Like most of the other Campanile, we already have been, this also has the usual Standard Interiour. Nothing special, but all was pretty clean there. At the Reception was a good and friendly Service (they speak good english there). In Lobby was also a Computer for Internet Acces. We did liked their Breakfast buffet. Especially the Bread and Coffee was better then expected. Akicante is nice City.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel is clean and and has free parking tea and coffee making facilities in your room the only think was the restaurants did not open Friday Saturday or Sunday so it is best to take a taxi in to town.All the staff were very helpful

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2012

The hotel is clean, coffee in room , tv with wide choice of stations, free secure parking, not too far to centre of alicante 20 min walk but you need go by the ladies of the night who work very close to the hotel! So better use car, notice lift can go from car park to all floors by-passing reception? Security issues in that outsiders can access the bedroom floors very easy! Hotel on main road from airport to city on left . Good hotel all in all.

Room Tip: All the same, but front rooms have main road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Seabirdfly
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Our friends had warned us that this hotel chain is not satisfactory. Well, as if to prove them wrong, Campanile Alicante was much more than we expected. Clean, comfortable, larger than expected rooms with tea and coffee facilities. Comfort of secure parking in a quiet residential area. Only 3 floors, and a small but sympathetic lounge with a terrace. More than sufficient breakfast, though I still can't understand why they do not serve olives or tomatoes. But I guess Spanish do not eat them at breakfast, what a pity! Checking in and out was flawless, the lady at the reception was gentle and understanding. Everything was as it should be. We just stayed one night, but were more than satisfied indeed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north (back) are visible from neighboring apartments.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CemKar
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We spent only one night on the way from Alicante airport to Valencia by train. This hotel was much better than I expected. Tea and coffee making facilities, the room big enough, hair dryer, tv. No restaurants nearby, so we had our dinner at the hotel. It was good and not pricey. Breakfast was not included , 8 euros but it was also good. People at the reception were helpful. Neighborhood is the only minus.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business