“The local flavor”
Review of La Taberna Iberica

La Taberna Iberica
Reserve with
La Taberna Iberica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,455 Restaurants in Alicante
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are lovers of pure and natural foods in origin, handcrafted putting that in your kitchen, selecting fresh produce daily market. Originally Artisans with over fifty years of experience in raising pigs, sausages and hams zalazones his pedigree of calendar months. To take it to the customers table.While each Country Select your Gold In the Plate!Somos amantes de los alimentos puros y naturales en su origen, poniendo esa elaboración artesanal en su cocina,, seleccionando los productos frescos del mercado diario. Artesanos en sus orígenes con más de cincuenta años de experiencia en crianza de porcinos, zalazones de embutidos y Jamones con su Pedigree de meses naturales. Hasta llevarlo a la mesa de sus clientes.A la vez que Selecciona de cada Pais su Oro.¡ En el Plato!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place is great if you're looking for that special local flavor and just another tourist place. It has of course it's ups and downs but overall it was an excellent experience. The owner may be a well-known person locally, at least there are many photos of him on the walls at different events. He's now an elderly gentleman who was at the restaurant and helped serving the food for the older lady (his wife?) who was our (and seemingly the only) waitress. They do not speak English, so you better brush up you Spanish, but it will be worth it: the tapas were fantastic (different shrimps, cheeses, hams etc), the paellas were very good and varied, the whole atmosphere was showing that it's more than a business for them.

However, the standards are quite different in certain areas... I had a crushed fly on the rim of my beer mug when I got my beer. When I asked for it to be fixed, she cleaned it off with her finger and wanted to leave it at that, but then of course when I insisted she switched it; this time carefully selecting from many of the beermugs and separately washing it to make sure it's fine.

The food and the atmosphere still makes this place excellent, however do not visit if you are extremely sensitive to such issues. I believe such places have the best food in Spain, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Contrary to what it says on their own website, they don't open until 8pm in the evening. I didn't actually visit the place, because I showed up at 7pm. I gave it 5 stars to not mess with it's high rating, just to tell other visitors about their opening times.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here the other night, we had pork paella for 2 and a nice bottle of local wine. The service was nice , the food was superb, my favourite meal of our holiday.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this restaurant to anybody. Service is really nice and the food is great. If you like spanish cuisine then this is the place.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

It was our 2nd time here in 6 months and the standard is still as good. I highly recommend you let the owner choose for you and try everything. Really authentic Spanish cuisine and don´t be frightened of the house wine even though it has no label. The owner is delightful !!