“Best steak around!”

The Stone Grill
Ranked #77 of 1,357 Restaurants in Alicante
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: About The Stone Grill We are Costa Blanca's premiere steakhouse and the best Argentinian Steak restaurant to dine at when you are looking for an upscale, local meal. In addition to the prime Argentinian steak selection, our menu includes fresh local fish and seafood, inventive sides, vegetarian options and a wide selection of house specials off the stone for everyone to enjoy. PERFECT STEAK EVERYTIME AT THE STONE GRILL Each steak is presented to you on an individual hot volcanic rock, heated to optimum temperature. The meat will not burn and the stone will remain hot throughout your entire meal, ensuring that your first bite will be just as succulent and mouth-watering as your last. Every piece you cut will be almost instantaneously cooked to your own personal perfection.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak around!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Came here with my wife and 3 kids and we all absolutely loved it! My wife and i opted for the steaks and my kids had the chicken on the stone. Argentinian steaks started from 12 euros and included any side order and 3 sauces which i thought was amazing value for a steak of this quality. This sort of steak back home would have easily cost 15-20 quid. The food came quickly and the waitresses gave a good explanation to ensure our steaks were cooked exactly how we wanted. My wife liked it rare so this was useful so as to not overcook the steak. We had a side plate so could remove the steak whenever we wanted. The kids were fascinated by the stone and it was the first time on this holiday i had seen them finish a meal!! I finished with a home-made apricot and white chocolate cheesecake.mmmmm.....highly recommend! Apparently, they change the flavour every 2 days. We will definately be back before the end of this holiday!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John K

Harlow
“Meh food, Meh time”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I already had my own preconseptions about this type of establishment, I cant see the appeal of paying to cook your own food, but our friends wanted to go so I thought i would give it a try.

The concept is obvious, you get a stone slab and you cook food on it, so I can see the appeal for young children and those that dont do a lot of cooking themselves, plus you can try steak rare, medium etc without ruining a whole meal if you dont like it.

The staff were friendly and ensured you knew what to do and offered to give you a demostration and on the whole pretty attentive apart from the bit where my steak had a big bit of gristle and i started choking on it and all the staff seemed to disapear until the offending bit of food came back up, then they were back out.

But there is nothing really that special that sets it out from the crowd, you dont get any sides, well a few bits of pepper you can grill, the tables are small so four red hot stone slabs do take up quite a bit of room, so much so our drinks had to go on another table.

I thought the food was pretty overpriced, 20-25 Euros for a medium sized steak is not cheap, especially if you dont get anything else with it.

My friends enjoyed their vist however i did not, and I know i will be in the minority in saying this.

I cant honestly recommend this restaraunt to anyone as there are far better places to eat in the same square, but I am sure there are plently of people out there that will love to pay to cook their own rather unispired food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jimmyboyros
London
“Stone Grill misery”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Food was awful. We had to cook our meals ourselves on a small and already crowded table.
The waitress Jenny kept prodding our food when she was 'showing' us how to cook our fish on the stone which was totally off putting. We had originally wanted paella, however, when we ordered this she said threatened ‘do you know it takes 30 minutes’. My daughter wanted to order from the children’s menu and Jenny said it would not be enough food for her? Another member of our party wanted a side of mushrooms but Jenny said ‘well we can’t just put mushrooms in the oven on their own’, so she could not have them.
The whole experience was a completed mess and to top it off it was very expensive – totally over priced for food you cook yourself then pay have the privilege of paying for.

3 Thank hannahLondon
England, United Kingdom
“Great Steak”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Visited the this restaurant on a friends recommendation and we were not disappointed.

Great steak cooked the way you like it, as its your job. All of us loved the concept and enjoyed the cooking as well. Its a BBQ lovers paradise without the cleaning up :). Plus it is good value for money for the quality of food you receive.

Would recommend booking a table in the summer if more than 4 are visiting as it can get very busy.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Brilliant service, friendly staff, caution try to book beforehand this place can get very busy even on a Monday evening! My husband happy to cook his own steak so I gave it a go cooking my own salmon on the stone grill. There is seating indoors and outdoors.

The children loved their food as well and couldn't wait to return. The prices are good for the quality of food you get. We have been to The stone grill many times during our two years traveling around Campoamor and would highly recommend this restaurant. The only negative is the off site sellers / musicians coming around the tables when you are eating trying to get money from you.

1 Thank Jen D