“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Hotel Cervantes

Hotel Cervantes
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Alicante
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in Junes 2012. Good central location close to cafes, bars, restaurants, shops, supermarkets, beach, Castle, underground Tram, airport bus. Good value for money, clean and comfortable, room had everything I needed (ensuite bathroom, towels, TV, balconey, electronic card door key, air con), friendly staff, light continental breakfast included in price. Excellent, would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank UWLFman

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I booked this hotel for 2 ladies in our party, my wife and I were staying elsewhere. We did visit them in the hotel a few times. We found the hotel to be ideally located to everywhere, room adequate and breakfast ok -if you want something more substantial lots of places nearby. Overall a good experience and brillant value for money. We stayed in the marriot but I think next time we will stay here

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank paul C
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Definitely this hotel has the best quality-price of the area. I use to travel to Alicante quite a lot and this is one of my favourites. Breakfast is included in the price, the staff is very friendly and the facilities are clean.

BTW: I found this hotel repeated in this same wepage? with two different names: "Hotel Cervantes" and "Hotel Residencia Cervantes"...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I use to travel to Alicante because of my job and this is one of the best locations ever for the prices they have. The staff is very friendly, breakfast is included in the price, I didn't miss anything from a big hotel. Clean, etc.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pardalman
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Great night life in the surrondings and close to the beach, the service has been really familiar, everything was clean and acceptable for the price and the magnificent location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Andres N
Reviewed 9 February 2012

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Andres N
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This hotel is centrally located and generally fulfills the requirements of a two star hotel however cleanliness could be seriously improved in the rooms and common areas.

These points aside there are a number of issues a potential guest should consider before opting to choose this particular hotel.

The management of this hotel have no concept of the term customer care or have any understanding of the health and safety requirements for a busy hotel.The general attitude of staff in this hotel to guests is unhelpful, callous, and downright hostile.

I had a serious accident in this hotel(as a result of the hotels negligence)requiring me to attend for urgent medical treatment.The receptionist offered no help or assistance in getting to hospital or enquired about my well-being after spending the day in casualty.While accepting liability for the accident the hotel refused to apologise and denied my repeated requests to speak to the manager about the incident.

This hotels failure to implement basic health and safety considerations makes it unsafe for elderly or frail guests or those with young children.
More worrying is the managements uncaring and lackadaisical attitude towards the safety of guests in the hotel. When confronted on the matter the management displayed a complete ignorance of even the most rudimentary health and safety needs.

If you stay in this hotel please be aware they are only interested in taking your money and should you have an accident they will not offer you any assistance no matter what injuries you receive.They will also not deal with any complaints regarding injuries received in this hotel even if they are totally liable.

There are plenty of other hotels in this area where one would hope to find a level of customer care that far exceeds this establishment and have a management who will make themselves available to deal with customer complaints.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank reviewer4569
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear guest,

We are terribly sorry about the incident you had in our hotel, I’d like to mention our hotel offered to help you by any means but unfortunately you did not accept our help at all: We offered to carry you to a hospital but you told us everything was fine and there was no problem. In your review you say we refused your request of speaking to the manager and in fact I did speak to you in order to solve any problem you could have had. To speak the truth I find myself confused about this review and I would like you, if possible, to be more precise about the negligence you found in our service in order to improve and avoid it in future occasions.
Our facilities are completely safe and they accomplish all security measures as long as the highest cleanliness, however we shall surely take this review into our consideration and ensure to improve any deficiency you as our guest could find during your stay.

Antonio Marco