Hotel Cervantes
US$272
US$258
Melia.com
  • Pool
Hotel Maya Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$73
US$71
US$1,400
TripAdvisor
All reviewscentral locationgreat budget hoteltoasted baguetteairport buscoffee and croissantfreshly squeezed orange juiceincluded breakfastclean roomsshort walk to the beachbed was comfortableshort stayrestaurants and barstvcafeteriasupermarketheatingeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed for 5 nights, The rooms are small and basic but are clean and comfortable.The staff are very pleasent and very helpful.
There is a nice tapas bar connected to the hotel which is frequented by many of the locals, which is always a good sign. Nice selection of tapas.
The location is excellent and is close to the tram station and bus stops.
As other reviewers have stated, the shower was great.There is also free wifi throughout the hotel.
I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarcDun
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed here for a few nights while on holidays with some friends. Overall its in a central location, near bars, cafe, beach, marina and restaurants. The rooms are basic but have everything you need and in working order and for the price, this is a good hotel. The showers are great!

We had bed only so i can't say if there was breakfast or what it was like. There is a small cafe on the corner of the building with access from the street and the hotel. They have a range of beers,wine, tapas, snacks and make a lovely cappuccino!

The man that was on reception every night and morning whom we dealt with most has not much English, but we never found this a problem. He is very friendly and most helpful. We were able to arrange morning wake up calls for the 3 rooms when we were leaving and also taxis to take us to the airport. Also if we came back looking for some of our party he would let us know where then went. He was a great guy and like i said, very helpful and friendly.

I would stay there again is it was a short 3-4 day trip or if travelling around spain/backpacking, for the value, this hotel should be considered!

Room Tip: our 3 rooms were on different floors but all front facing (north) we were on the 6th floor and there would be less street noise if that is something you would be worried about. but we never found it a problem.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rory_odonnell
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This hotel is what it is, clean, cheap and cheerful.

I stayed in a twin room, with private bathroom, balcony and flat screen TV.

The bed was super comfortable, bathroom was great, I loved the shower, water always hot and good water pressure.

The balcony was small, but just a little bonus to sit out and watch the world go by.

The TV was okay, but I didn't get any English speaking channels, I didn't question this as I didn't care. I used my laptop and the hotel has free WiFi - all I needed :)

My dad was a couple of rooms away and he got an English speaking news channel.

The best thing was the friendly and helpful staff, very welcoming and pleasant people. Even the night desk man was lovely and we had a laugh using actions and mime as he spoke no English. We soon got my problem solved and my wine was opened lol ;)

It's also in a good location, walk 5-10 minutes to the marina and the beach.

I would certainly stay there again, if you just want somewhere comfortable to lay your hat.

Room Tip: The room I am describing is room 403, my dad had 401, which was the same except for no balcony. I can't speak for other rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My sister and myself stayed in this hotel for one night to see
a bit more of the city center. The hotel was clean and a bit basic but
adequate for our one night stay. Breakfast was served in a restaurant
next door to the hotel and was really basic and not much food.#
It was very central for, bus , tube and city center. The staff was very friendly/
I recomend this hotel if you are looking for something cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: I think the higher you are the less street noise you will get.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trudy B
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

First impression is a bit rough but the friendly and helpful staff and the perfect location will not dissappoint you. I stayed only one night and it is a quiet road without traffic during the night. Small shops everywhere in this part of town is very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013