“Good hotel but not the best”
Review of Hotel Cervantes

Hotel Cervantes
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Alicante
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel but not the best”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Good hotel but not the best.
Good points - nice location only 10 to 15 mins from all important sights. Polite staff(only one of them can speak English). Aircon works well. Room wasn't noisy at all (choose a room on the 6th floor). Great power shower. Clean rooms.
Bad points - no fridge no microwave no kettle. Shower cubicle is very small and was very incovenient for my husband. Towels even after being thrown on the floor weren't being replaced with new ones (never faced this situation anywhere else so far).
Breakfast is too little. Don't get fooled by the continental breakfast option. They don't offer cereals and milk, fruits, etc.. It is strictly one glass of orange juice and tea or coffee with just one slice of toast. No buffet so was not very filling at all. Best to eat breakfast elsewhere.

Overall it's good for a 3 or 4 nights but not not more.

Room Tip: defintely take the one on the top floors. Anything below the fourth will be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank n2cool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel is at an excellent location right in the centre of Alicante and only 10 minutes from the beach. Nice and clean, the staff was friendly, but not all of them speak English which may cause a bit of difficulty.
The only thing which caused us some inconvenience is the lack of a fridge, if you want to buy your own food (the supermarket is 2 minutes away). Also the fact that it may get rather loud at night.
The breakfast is rather basic, only tea/coffee/juice and toast, but very cheap. You can easily find other places to eat close by.
Overall very happy with our stay, would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Vitalia S
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed for 5 nights, The rooms are small and basic but are clean and comfortable.The staff are very pleasent and very helpful.
There is a nice tapas bar connected to the hotel which is frequented by many of the locals, which is always a good sign. Nice selection of tapas.
The location is excellent and is close to the tram station and bus stops.
As other reviewers have stated, the shower was great.There is also free wifi throughout the hotel.
I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarcDun
County Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed here for a few nights while on holidays with some friends. Overall its in a central location, near bars, cafe, beach, marina and restaurants. The rooms are basic but have everything you need and in working order and for the price, this is a good hotel. The showers are great!

We had bed only so i can't say if there was breakfast or what it was like. There is a small cafe on the corner of the building with access from the street and the hotel. They have a range of beers,wine, tapas, snacks and make a lovely cappuccino!

The man that was on reception every night and morning whom we dealt with most has not much English, but we never found this a problem. He is very friendly and most helpful. We were able to arrange morning wake up calls for the 3 rooms when we were leaving and also taxis to take us to the airport. Also if we came back looking for some of our party he would let us know where then went. He was a great guy and like i said, very helpful and friendly.

I would stay there again is it was a short 3-4 day trip or if travelling around spain/backpacking, for the value, this hotel should be considered!

Room Tip: our 3 rooms were on different floors but all front facing (north) we were on the 6th floor and there...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rory_odonnell
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This hotel is what it is, clean, cheap and cheerful.

I stayed in a twin room, with private bathroom, balcony and flat screen TV.

The bed was super comfortable, bathroom was great, I loved the shower, water always hot and good water pressure.

The balcony was small, but just a little bonus to sit out and watch the world go by.

The TV was okay, but I didn't get any English speaking channels, I didn't question this as I didn't care. I used my laptop and the hotel has free WiFi - all I needed :)

My dad was a couple of rooms away and he got an English speaking news channel.

The best thing was the friendly and helpful staff, very welcoming and pleasant people. Even the night desk man was lovely and we had a laugh using actions and mime as he spoke no English. We soon got my problem solved and my wine was opened lol ;)

It's also in a good location, walk 5-10 minutes to the marina and the beach.

I would certainly stay there again, if you just want somewhere comfortable to lay your hat.

Room Tip: The room I am describing is room 403, my dad had 401, which was the same except for no balcony. I ca...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My sister and myself stayed in this hotel for one night to see
a bit more of the city center. The hotel was clean and a bit basic but
adequate for our one night stay. Breakfast was served in a restaurant
next door to the hotel and was really basic and not much food.#
It was very central for, bus , tube and city center. The staff was very friendly/
I recomend this hotel if you are looking for something cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: I think the higher you are the less street noise you will get.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Trudy B
Asa, Sweden
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

First impression is a bit rough but the friendly and helpful staff and the perfect location will not dissappoint you. I stayed only one night and it is a quiet road without traffic during the night. Small shops everywhere in this part of town is very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013