“Would highly recommend this hotel”
Review of AC Hotel Alicante

AC Hotel Alicante
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Alicante
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Would highly recommend this hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on a mini-break with my friend and we loved it. We flew in to Alicante airport and got a taxi to the hotel which cost us 18 euros and it took between 10 and 15 minutes. There are plenty of taxis at the airport.
As some other people have said, the hotel is slightly out of the way but personally I would prefer to have a short walk and a great hotel rather than a poor hotel in the centre of it all. We were greeted on Reception by 2 very friendly members of staff who were extremely helpful and polite. I couldn't fault the welcome we were provided. Our room on 6th floor was clean , modern and I loved it. If you are looking for a quality but minimalist and well decorated room, then this is the place for you. Wifi costs if you use it in the room but is free in communal areas. There were toiletries in the bathroom and a well-stocked mini bar in the room. Also a good quality hair dryer.
We used the hotel bar and restaurant and the service was good, efficient and friendly for our evening meal. I couldn't quite say the same for service at breakfast as this was somewhat lacking and the girl serving and seating guests clearly disliked her job and her customers. Her name was Lara and she really did let this hotel down since everyone else provided impeccable standards of service and made us feel so welcome. Having said that, the breakfast itself was excellent with an array of fruit, coffees, pastries, toast, cereal and continental hams and cheeses etc...
The pool on the rooftop was lovely but the area around it only accommodates 10 - 12 sun beds so we were never able to secure one.
So around the hotel then; it takes between 10 and 15 minutes to walk to the marina and then a further 5 minutes to the beach area. If you have kids, don't worry about this as there are small playgrounds all along this route. I loved Alicante itself, there's so much to see and do, and it feels like a proper Spanish holiday resort. On this occasion I went with my friend but I intend to return soon with my husband and family as this resort fits both. I will certainly stay at this hotel on my return.
I would have given it 5 stars but for the size of the sunbathing area on the roof and the poor customer service at breakfast. I would recommend this hotel definitely!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JoP70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the AC Alicante and loved every minute of it. We were a little apprehensive about going as we had read some bad reviews on here but we really didn't have any complaints and would go back in a minute.

The hotel is very accessible from the airport. We got the C6 service bus from the airport (only $3.60) and got off at the 2nd stop which was across the road from the hotel which was very handy and saves you $20 in a taxi.

We received a very friendly welcome and the staff were more than happy to deal with any requests we had. The room was very modern, very spacious and had excellent air conditioning. The room was cleaned every day.

Location- When we had read reviews on here about 30 mins walk to centre of alicante we were a little disappointed. However, we're not very sure where this idea has came from. 15 mins max and you are in the centre of town. The walk along is beautiful too so very enjoyable with the marble promenade and the marina.

Breakfast- We had bed& breakfast included and were overall impressed with the food. It was very fresh.

Staff- The staff at this hotel are more than happy to help you with any queries. My partner had enquired about golf courses around the area and they phoned around courses for him for prices etc. They booked an excursion to Tabarca for us by boat (a beautiful island you must visit) and booked a taxi for us to the airport in for the early hours of the morning. Nothing was a hassle.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed this holiday and we would certainly return to this hotel. The city of Alicante is beautiful and good value for money when eating out etc. In our opinion is the nicest place in Spain we have visited. Definitely recommend and great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Lmcd909
DireccionACALicante, Director General at AC Hotel Alicante, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Customer

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel and in our city, during your visit to Alicante. I believe it is very helpful for customers wanting to make a choice about the hotel they book, to have different views and specially comments from other guests.

I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in Alicante.

Kindest regards
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel very clean and polite staff. However, they do not cater very well for English guests...all papers, information, local area in Spanish.
Location a good 30 minutes from beach and town 20 minutes not great if less mobile. Area is local and some buildings derelict therefore, very quiet. Near bus station and only 10 minutes from airport great if using as a base to other towns.
Breakfast excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for front view
1 Thank Gertrude V
DireccionACALicante, General Manager at AC Hotel Alicante, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Customer

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel. We value our customers' opinion which help us improve our service and attention.

Kind regards
Tring
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A group of 9 of us stayed here recently and we were impressed with the hotel. Excellent air conditioning, bathroom, space, comfort of beds and a well designed and large nice lobby with free wifi. The rooftop pool is probably only 12m or so but fine for a quick dip and it's pretty pleasant up there. The hotel was immaculately clean throughout and clearly recently modernised.

Breakfast was fine - not as extensive as a Upper tier Marriott or Hilton but it's "continental plus" with lots of cold meats, pastries, fruit, breads, cheese and tortilla available. Coffee is great from the Nespresso machine but there is only one with 2 outlets and it's not the fastest system in the world so there can be some queues at busy times. A minor point in the grand scheme of things.

As other reviewers have mentioned, a bit of Spanish is helpful when dealing with the hotel staff who we found to be helpful and efficient.

Parking is tricky and we couldn't find an alternative to the underground parking at the hotel which is reasonable value at 11 Euros per day. It is secure and fine for normal sized cars but very, very tight if you are hiring a minivan.

15 minutes walk to one end of the "hub" of Alicante and a further 10-15 minutes to where the most lively atmosphere is in the evenings in the old town.

We experienced no issues at all with the walk back in the early hours of the morning and it's very straight forward as the hotel is so close to the coastline.

Lots of banks nearby and a good sized supermarket 5-8 minutes walk away on Calle Reyes Catolicos.

We will definitely consider this hotel next time we book a group holiday to Alicante.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frankblr
Dear Customer

I am grateful for your time and your opinion of our hotel as a group booking. It is good to know the views of our customers when they are travelling as a group and not only as individual client.

The comments about the location, where to find shops and restaurants and in particular the hotel installations will surely, be very helpful to other clients who are planning to visit Alicante as a group.

Thank you again for your time, and we hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely
Glasgow
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I can have complaints about this hotel at all, the room was comfortable and the facilities were good. The hotel is a little way out of the town but it is an easy 15 minute stroll to the centre and there are great links to the airport.

The hot tub and roof top pool are very nice and the staff were very helpful.

I will definitely be back here as it is a good base to explore the surrounding towns because of its location near bus and train stations.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ForeverDeepBlue
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I Stayed here for a week in June with my parents and wife.

This was my parents and wife's 1st stay, on my recommendation. They have good standards and only stay in 4/5 star hotels so let me tell you tell you their thoughts as I can't see much wrong with the hotel.

Likes:

Value for money, 45 Euros per night (no breakfast) my parents received an OAP discount aswell.

Standards of rooms/cleanliness. As I have said before the pictures on the website are exactly how they are, clean,modern,cleaned every day and have all the normal toiletries. Best to get one facing the back as the ones in the front can be a little noisy with traffic.

The Bar/restaurant: modern/clean/good food/service with a chilled out atmosphere,no loud music or groups drinking till late.

Dislike:

Only 1,The distance for the hotel to the Beach/city centre/harbour. My parents are 70 and thought it was far out, it's a 15 min walk into the main parts which to do 2 x a day is a lot, especially if it warm. For me it's worth saving £40/50 per night on the hotel, but that's a personal choice.

Doors banging

They noticed that at night the doors are quite loud when they close and some people are not considerate. They said the walls are a little thin and if people were talking with raised voices you could here them. But as we all said there are not many hotels that this is not the case.

Cats/prostitues;

There are some cats in the car park at the back of the hotel, but it's unlikely you would need to go round the back of the hotel, the front entrance leads to the main centre. The cats are mainly there in the evening because people feed them. But unless you go looking for them you wouldn't notice.

I have seen 1 or 2 prostitues hanging around the front road, but considering how many nights I have been in and out it's certainly not all the time, this has been past 10.30 at night, not right outside the hotel, but either on the road or past the hotel. If this bothers you then it could be a concern.

It certainly does not make the area look or feel unsafe, none of my family felt that way.

Overall:

They said it was great value for money and apart from the long walk into town cannot fault it. I agree.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob40
Dear Customer

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences in our hotel. It is a pleasure to see that you are a regular client and that you enjoy your visits to Alicante.

I am sure that your detailed comments and descriptions about the hotel installations, and the area will help other clients choose when booking a hotel in Alicante.

We value your opinion which helps us improve every day for our customer's satisfaction.

Kind regards
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed in this great hotel in an emergency after passport got stolen at alicanti airport.staff very helpfull went out there way to help book other flights,very clean hotel and service first class,rooftop pool just class,meals delivered fast,would recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are good but no balconys
1 Thank kate p