We were transferred here at 1am, as we should have stayed at Eurostars Mediterranean Plaza (nearer the beach and the old town) but their air conditioning had broken, so they offered us to stay there with no air conditioning (it was 31 degrees at night!) or we could transfer to the Eurostars Lucentum - this is a 15 minute walk away from the old town, and the beach, towards the lovely central market (in fact it is opposite the central market) but on a main road.
The receptionist was very friendly, and happily told is about a cheap place for breakfast around the corner, but offered us the hotel breakfast deal anyway. He was efficient, kind, and friendlt - no complaints at all - not sure about previous complaints about reception reported here - they were all without question nice and frindly and helpful.
The room was nice (room 411) the huge bed was very comfy, although the pillows were odd - they had sort of lumpy foam balls in them - but they were still nice and led to a good nights sleep. The air conditioning worked well - which we needed, but the bathroom wasn't air conditioned, and all the complaints that you find on trip advisor were all true, there was an empty gel container on the wall in the shower - but there were standard hotel toiletries provided, there was a bar of soap and no dish, and yes the toilet paper wasn't top quality - but honestly - who cares!
For me, the only thing that would dissuade me from staying there again was the road noise. It is really loud, and we both work up at 7.30am when the rush hour starts. However, there is a pharmacy around the corner where you can buy earplugs.
Would I stay again - maybe? If i couldn't get into the other Eurostars Med plaza. The noise from the road is the only complaint I would make. If you are not noise sensitive I would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eurostars Lucentum 4* has 169 rooms, all of them fully equipped, heated and air conditioned. It also has comprehensive facilities, including 6 rooms for holding all sorts of events. It is a great choice for business and pleasure trips alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Lucentum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Lucentum Hotel Alicante
- Hesperia Lucentum Alicante Province
- Hesperia Lucentum Hotel Alicante Province